Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pretty poor when the company that are supplying you the watches at supposedly great prices for IW to sell at market beating sale prices and their representative is banging on on at how great the prices are, is then at the same time undercutting them on Amazon. :ROFLMAO:

Ballast Valiant Regulator on IW £199.99 plus £3.99 p&p

Ballast Valiant Regulator sold on Amazon marketplace £159.99 plus free p&p (Seller is Mainspring boutique, which is The Dartmouth Brands/Solartime's own online retail store in the UK.)

Even the cccccccccp slava movement watch second hand jumps 🙄 where do they get them from 🤣 Bordell there, slipped up there nearly, called the crystal there, sapphire there, then corrected himself and said crystal there 😎

Even the cccccccccp slava movement watch second hand jumps 🙄 where do they get them from 🤣 Bordell there, slipped up there nearly, called the crystal there, sapphire there, then corrected himself and said crystal there 😎

Another thing about their sale CCCP watches, it was cheaper to buy them a week before xmas than it was last night.

They were on IW on the 16th & 17th, CCCP had a pick of the day so there was a few shows, but they were at the exact same price as last night, but they had FREE p & p during those shows, whereas last night there was £3.99 p & p, so it actually cost more to buy them in last night's sale show than it did last time they were on. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Another thing about their sale CCCP watches, it was cheaper to buy them a week before xmas than it was last night.

They were on IW on the 16th & 17th, CCCP had a pick of the day so there was a few shows, but they were at the exact same price as last night, but they had FREE p & p during those shows, whereas last night there was £3.99 p & p, so it actually cost more to buy them in last night's sale show than it did last time they were on. :eek::ROFLMAO:
It’s one of the things I just don’t get about IW.
On the one hand, their presenters like to suggest the channel is a kind of community, with ‘regulars’ and ‘collectors’, and Peter S giving regular ‘shout outs’ to certain names (real or imaginary).
On the other hand, they have sales that are more expensive than the ‘normal price’, and they repeatedly sell shonky products (watches skipping and jumping (and losing their hands) while on camera), and tell tales about the origin and provenance of the watch makers that just don't add up. Above all else, most of their watch mechanisms are more Chinese than my local chippy, but China is the one country they never mention.
Then I look at Trustpilot which now says they are ‘great’ (it used to say they were ‘bad’) and the only change I can see is that people seem to be asked to give a review as soon as they get their product - i can’t think why that might be! 🤔

Hi everyone, I’m just watching IW after a very long time.

It’s great to see Vanessa Feltz Fan Club still shilling old Lizzie Grants potions. I have to say, the results of the potions are literally unbelievable!

Attachments

• AA290D8C-0041-485A-90A7-A2DA5B09BBE7.jpeg
    AA290D8C-0041-485A-90A7-A2DA5B09BBE7.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 90
You have to laugh at Den (who only tells the truth) and Dormeo Dave, proclaiming Dormeo is one of the biggest mattress brands in the world, top of the bedding market, blah blah, and the evidence they use is because Dormeo have sold 15 million mattress in 40 countries in 19 years (be 20 next year). Sounds good, but when you consider that there are over 7 million mattresses sold in the UK alone every year. Now imagine how many mattresses must be sold world wide in a year then you realise the 15 million over 19 years that Dormeo have sold is, as Shona would say, a super, super, incredibly, incredibly tiny amount.

Of course the actual evidence Davie boy has been using and has twisted it's meaning the last year, is that Dormeo had the biggest increase, percentage wise, in sales in the UK the year before covid. He started off by saying fastest selling mattress brand in the UK, then it became fastest in the world now it's become one of the biggest mattress brands in the world. Only using percentages without actual number/volume of mattresses sold is highly misleading, especially when making claims as to Dormeo's actual place in the market.

It’s one of the things I just don’t get about IW.
On the one hand, their presenters like to suggest the channel is a kind of community, with ‘regulars’ and ‘collectors’, and Peter S giving regular ‘shout outs’ to certain names (real or imaginary).
On the other hand, they have sales that are more expensive than the ‘normal price’, and they repeatedly sell shonky products (watches skipping and jumping (and losing their hands) while on camera), and tell tales about the origin and provenance of the watch makers that just don't add up. Above all else, most of their watch mechanisms are more Chinese than my local chippy, but China is the one country they never mention.
Then I look at Trustpilot which now says they are ‘great’ (it used to say they were ‘bad’) and the only change I can see is that people seem to be asked to give a review as soon as they get their product - i can’t think why that might be! 🤔
Having sales that are more expensive than 'regular' prices means that Ideal World thinks that the majority of their customers are incredibly stupid, and any person contemplating a purchase from this company ought to bear that in mind when assessing whether or not to purchase something from them. IW might even be breaking the law though for one thing it may depend on how long they were previously charging certain price(s) for and I'm not qualified to answer that question.

As for Trustpilot, well to be fair John Lewis were previously rated 'Bad' and now rated 'Great' with a near 50:50 split between 'Excellent' and 'Bad' ratings, though we should remember that people more often than not leave feedback if they're dissatisfied with something as opposed to being delighted, especially when they're picky middle-class John Lewis customers who are only too happy to complain.

Incidentally I have to treat most online reviews with heavy scepticism after two bad experiences with certain products that had predominantly good reviews written possibly a short time after purchase, plus another product having a few good reviews written in English but quite a few bad reviews in German (I know which ones I would trust). And the whole charade has become ludicrous with companies begging people to review products such as an email from Argos asking me to review an SD memory card. I was tempted to say "MEMORY CARD IS SMALL, FITS IN MY COMPUTER'S SLOT AND STORES THINGS. DOES THE JOB. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE" but didn't.

Having sales that are more expensive than 'regular' prices means that Ideal World thinks that the majority of their customers are incredibly stupid, and any person contemplating a purchase from this company ought to bear that in mind when assessing whether or not to purchase something from them. IW might even be breaking the law though for one thing it may depend on how long they were previously charging certain price(s) for and I'm not qualified to answer that question.

As for Trustpilot, well to be fair John Lewis were previously rated 'Bad' and now rated 'Great' with a near 50:50 split between 'Excellent' and 'Bad' ratings, though we should remember that people more often than not leave feedback if they're dissatisfied with something as opposed to being delighted, especially when they're picky middle-class John Lewis customers who are only too happy to complain.

Incidentally I have to treat most online reviews with heavy scepticism after two bad experiences with certain products that had predominantly good reviews written possibly a short time after purchase, plus another product having a few good reviews written in English but quite a few bad reviews in German (I know which ones I would trust). And the whole charade has become ludicrous with companies begging people to review products such as an email from Argos asking me to review an SD memory card. I was tempted to say "MEMORY CARD IS SMALL, FITS IN MY COMPUTER'S SLOT AND STORES THINGS. DOES THE JOB. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE" but didn't.

The way they contradict themselves, and exaggerate products quality (especially in the watch show) etc as well as the misleading pricing they do, it's pretty much guaranteed they are assuming the vast majority of their viewers are idiots, to stupid to notice they are being conned & lied to.
While most of their products are ok for the price and may even be cheaper than competitors, i wouldn't buy from them for the simple reason of how they are treating viewers as idiots, i would rather pay more elsewhere than help a bunch of shysters profit from conning folks.

I've only done a few reviews on trustpilot, despite as you say companies now hounding you with emails to rate the products , sometime before you've even got the item, but i only review the ordering process, communication, delivery of the company and whether the product matches the description ie looks, colour, size etc, I don't review the product as in how good it might be in use or being used over a longer time frame etc, that's something you can only give after the fact, which may be months or years later, not the day or days after purchasing as most reviews on trustpilot seem to be, that's far too early to give a true review of a product.

Incidentally I have to treat most online reviews with heavy scepticism after two bad experiences with certain products that had predominantly good reviews written possibly a short time after purchase, plus another product having a few good reviews written in English but quite a few bad reviews in German (I know which ones I would trust). And the whole charade has become ludicrous with companies begging people to review products such as an email from Argos asking me to review an SD memory card. I was tempted to say "MEMORY CARD IS SMALL, FITS IN MY COMPUTER'S SLOT AND STORES THINGS. DOES THE JOB. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE"

I find reviews can be pointless. I've seen some on Amazon that give one star saying the seller sent the wrong item, or the wrong colour. Not a review on the quality of the item itself. Also, I may love a product, but there is nothing stopping me saying the product is rubbish (I would never actually do that though).

Happy New Year everybody😊

Happy New Year all.

See Alex Knowles was looking a bit stressed on the Dormeo show at 12.00am early this morning, not in his usual bouncy, happy bunny, glaikit (Scottish for stupid) look. Must be the amount of Dormeo shows he’s doing and having to continually spout the same crap.

You have to laugh at the Presenters though, we’ve been bombarded by Sean, Hayley and Alex, telling how GREAT this Dormeo mattress is, will give you best night’s sleep ever, mattress is suitable for everybody, most popular mattress on IW, they truly believe everybody should get it, yet strangely none of the three have a super, super Dormeo Wellsleep mattress themselves, they have Emma Mattresses.

Anyway back to the crap, wonder Alex, the highly knowledgeable and qualified interiors/bedding expert stated, after his misleading demo with springs, last night – “What Dormeo have done is they have taken the familiarity that we have with springs and said no thanks, let’s get rid of that, they’ve literally re-invented the spring, because what you got.”

Interupted by Peter – “This is award winning”

Alex – “yes this is award winning, as I said 3 years in the making to create this, individually wrapped Pocket Springs.”

Firstly Dormeo didn’t re-invent the spring; a Englishman (James Marshall) who moved to Canada invented the pocket spring over a hundred years before Dormeo even existed. And secondly, while some of Dormeo products may have awards from the likes of Good Housekeeping etc, the Wellsleep mattress is not one of them, in fact the Wellseep has pretty average reviews on-line, most bedding revues (both individual & bedding blogs) considerate it to be overpriced (RRP) and has durability issues.

Imaging taking 3 years to re-invent something that already existed.:ROFLMAO:

It's a New Year but nothing changes on IW, presenters and guests spouting lies and crap and Peter still sporting the unshaven scruffy look, obviously no New Year resolutions to change their behaviour this year. ;):ROFLMAO:

Peter - "the unusual thing about this watch is, and Jonathan will go into this, but it's in one of the case size that you are going to see a lot this year."

Jonathan - "absolutely, absolutely, this is 40mm blah blah."

Unusual? what the hell is unusual about 40mm, probably one of the most common watch sizes out there. Of course i suppose for IW 40mm is unusual as they seem to think 45mm and above is normal for men's watches.

Is Peter Simon on drugs? Not reciprocal 🤣 some poet he couldn't remember, then a film 2000 leagues under the sea 😁 the ballast Holland crown which revealed nothing beneath after removal. 😎 Great stuff. Another year, same crap 🤣

You beat me to it.

PS

New watch coming in approx 2 weeks time, although i ordered through Jura with a discount in their sales..

Latest posts

Back