Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes it's Chinese

Attachments

• 20211215_203222.jpg
    20211215_203222.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 56
Great choice, 1963's are great, a watch collection is never complete without one, I got one, 38mm with acrylic glass, a couple of years back from Watch Unique in Holland, even better in person than the pictures, just a thing of beauty.

View attachment 22947
Yes, can't beat a Chinese watch that's proud to be Chinese and doesn't has to pretend to be something else with a fake history 😉 must get a 1963 myself, classic traditional chronograph whats not to like 🙂

Attachments

• 20210307_185946.jpg
    20210307_185946.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 51
Dear Kevin Reynolds, it's Patek, EK, TEK, PATEK not Patique 🤣

You would think someone forty odd years in the watch business would know how to pronounce one of the most well known luxury Swiss watch brand that's been on the go for over 150 years, or maybe not. Pretty sure Peter Simon has butchered the name before as well. :ROFLMAO:

You would think someone forty odd years in the watch business would know how to pronounce one of the most well known luxury Swiss watch brand that's been on the go for over 150 years, or maybe not. Pretty sure Peter Simon has butchered the name before as well. :ROFLMAO:
Wasn't paying much attention but last night Kevin admitted to not knowing about a particular watch's function until recently even though he's dealt with watches for many years.

Also feigning surprise at 'incorrect' pricing details on more than one occasion including the classic "We don't normally do Openpay on our most expensive watches so there could be something wrong with the details" rubbish. Come on, that's flat out lying and they know it.

Plus talking of expensive watches the Mathery-Tissot Storm reappeared last night after Kevin allegedly found another 'stash' of them. Or more likely they had difficulty selling them the last time they were on-air.

Wasn't paying much attention but last night Kevin admitted to not knowing about a particular watch's function until recently even though he's dealt with watches for many years.

Also feigning surprise at 'incorrect' pricing details on more than one occasion including the classic "We don't normally do Openpay on our most expensive watches so there could be something wrong with the details" rubbish. Come on, that's flat out lying and they know it.

Plus talking of expensive watches the Mathery-Tissot Storm reappeared last night after Kevin allegedly found another 'stash' of them. Or more likely they had difficulty selling them the last time they were on-air.
The more you watch him, the more you realise that is level of knowledge is pretty poor given his claimed 40 years in the business, I’m convinced he’s only been seriously in the watch business since he started watchbase & when they linked up with Ideal World, and what knowledge he’s learned is limited to what he’s picked up from the few brands he deals with, hence him not knowing about the telemeter function, and he’s pretty ignorant of the wider watch industry and what’s out there.

Yeah the feigning of incorrect pricing etc, is now very transparent and boring; it happens in vitually every one of his shows, they need to come up with some new patter.

I like Mathey-Tissot watches, have a few, but that Storm watch is one ugly watch, dial & hands look awful, think they tried to do something a little different using a Valjoux 7750 in a limited edition watch but personally think they failed miserably. And yeah it’s been on their web site since they first launched a few years back, they didn’t feature in shows for a long spell but they were in a couple of shows at the end of last year.

Dormeo was on earlier with Mike, strangely no mention of the Dormeo Pillow, which has been featuring in virtually every Dormeo show over the festive period and beyond, is it out of stock? Nope still in stock. So why no mention of a pillow which Den, Hayley, Shona & Jess have all said most of the IW staff have bought the Dormeo pillow? Very strange no mentuion of such a popular pillow.:unsure:

Oh wait it's GX pillow night, suppose it wouldn't look good today having presenters saying they all have Dormeo then trying to claim the same for GX on the same day, even the stupid wouldn't fall for that one. So that probably explains why Mike is the presenter of choice for Dormeo & GX today, keep the females presenters away from contradicting themselves. Of course Shona could still be a pretendy expert as she has about 100 pillows on her bed, I think she has bought multiple of every pillow IW sells.;)

Mike used to get bad night's sleep, got GX now gets the best night's sleep ever with the GX and it's all down to the pillows, not the mattress but the pillow.

Funny how when it's mike who is having a bad night's sleep he gets GX pillows to solve the problem, yet on the Dormeo shows he's telling everyone watching, that if you are not getting a good night's sleep then it's your mattress so buy one of our mattresses, no mention of trying out a new pillow first, no just change your mattress to an IW mattress. ;):ROFLMAO:

Made me laugh that The Jane Plan Diet Healthy Eating hampers now come with "5 Free Extra Chocolate Bars" included, presumably useful when you're hungry because you've run out of food you actually like. (And yes I know that chocolate isn't necessarily 'unhealthy'.)

Imagine the conversation within Ideal World's marketing department:

"How can we make the Jane Plan appear less of a diet and more of a 'healthy eating' option?"

"Why not throw in some extra chocolate bars?"

"Great idea - let's do that!"

Made me laugh that The Jane Plan Diet Healthy Eating hampers now come with "5 Free Extra Chocolate Bars" included, presumably useful when you're hungry because you've run out of food you actually like. (And yes I know that chocolate isn't necessarily 'unhealthy'.)

Imagine the conversation within Ideal World's marketing department:

"How can we make the Jane Plan appear less of a diet and more of a 'healthy eating' option?"

"Why not throw in some extra chocolate bars?"

"Great idea - let's do that!"

Should be "why not throw in some extra, extra SMALL chocolate bars". ;):ROFLMAO:

Jally ‘Have You Checked My Social Media’ Sacs is saying she dressed up as Danny DeVito at Christmas for the magnificent extravaganza of pillows show. She said she was heavily made up and padded for the role. I had thought she had done it without any assistance whatsoever..

It's all me, me, me with her.

She didn't look anything like DeVito, looked more like some monster in a horror movie, probably gave any kids watching nightmares. ;)

So we had Alex, the bed/mattress expert, actual worked in a management recruitment firm before becoming a pretend expert less than two years ago, saying the following.

Sally - “do we need to turn it”

Alex the expert – “No, well certainly don’t flip it, no, the answers no you don’t need to turn it or flip it, don’t flip it as you’ll just come to the base. If you want to turn it, lots of people are used to turning mattresses, you can do, but you don’t need to. Reason why we turn mattresses at home was because of bumps and dips and things like that, memory foam will NEVER do that, you’ll never have a piece of memory foam just sticking out after years, you can chose to do so for yourself but otherwise leave it in the same position.”

Dormeo – Rotating your memory foam mattress

“As our mattresses are carefully designed with multiple layers to ensure the best support and comfort, they do not need to be turned. Instead, the mattresses should simply be rotated to maintain equal wear and tear. This is because most people will sleep in the same position every night and leave an impression on the supportive memory foam layer. This is normal for memory foam as it moulds to your unique shape. By rotating the mattress, the memory foam is given time to recover until its next rotation. Our memory foam mattresses should be rotated once a week for the first 4 weeks of use and then once every 4 weeks thereafter. Please note that if a mattress has handles, it shouldn't be lifed using them as they are not design to support its full weight. Use them only to adjust its positioning on a divan or bed frame.”

Remember folks, always follow the advice of IW's renowned highly qualified experts. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shona "biggest fake on IW" Lyndsay - " I love this mattress and I love the fact how Dormeo have taken into consideration all of the problems most people that most people suffer from when they're trying to get a good night's sleep."

Yeah Shona, you love it so much you bought a Mattress from a different brand (Emma) that has different construction (All Foam instead of a hybrid foam/springs). Yep, you'll say any crap to get a sale huh?

Miss Precision back tonight with Reign watches and another of the Resultco brand Axwell.

And the ultimate shyster, AKA The Poser, is back on Saturday, launching yet another Solar Time, honest they're not Chinese, watch brand, Cadola.

Is there no end to Solar Time acquiring & resurrecting the name of old Swiss watch brands and pretending the new brand has all the history and heritage of the old brand and never mentioning they're actually Chinese owned and made now.:mad:

Latest posts

Back