Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flogging the amazing drones, although still choosing not to show us any outdoor footage from the HD camera ;)

Peter S spouting his usual bullsh1t about last chance to buy blah blah blah ... they sell these friggin' drones every other day :) ;) :)

But, but, Hayley "I truly Believe" Green said, if you want one of these as a Christmas present, and although she doesn't like mentioning the C word this early, if you want one for Christmas you must buy now as they won't be getting anymore deliveries before Christmas.

Considering IW presenters don't like mentioning the C word, or so they say, they don't half mention it a lot. :ROFLMAO:

I caught what appeared to be an extremely worrying moment for Simon Peters last night. As he was eulogising, crouched, booted and suited in the heat of the night, behind what looked like a large plastic paddling pool with fizzy water in it, that you craved for a large sharp pin for, he suddenly stopped speaking. His eyes appeared to be in a state of silent desperation. Frozen in a hot way to his kneeling predicament. Oh no…not a potential Live From Her Majesty’s scenario, I feared. Meeting your maker, fully clothed, to the rear of a £399 hot tub didn’t seem either a fitting or appropriate goodbye for a televisual entertainer of Peters’ calibre. Thankfully, after what seemed like ten minutes, but was probably less than ten seconds, he recovered his equilibrium and proceeded in regulation BS mode…Panic over.

I caught what appeared to be an extremely worrying moment for Simon Peters last night. As he was eulogising, crouched, booted and suited in the heat of the night, behind what looked like a large plastic paddling pool with fizzy water in it, that you craved for a large sharp pin for, he suddenly stopped speaking. His eyes appeared to be in a state of silent desperation. Frozen in a hot way to his kneeling predicament. Oh no…not a potential Live From Her Majesty’s scenario, I feared. Meeting your maker, fully clothed, to the rear of a £399 hot tub didn’t seem either a fitting or appropriate goodbye for a televisual entertainer of Peters’ calibre. Thankfully, after what seemed like ten minutes, but was probably less than ten seconds, he recovered his equilibrium and proceeded in regulation BS mode…Panic over.
He missed a message in his earpiece due to the background noise and let them repeat it.

Most significant part of Swan & Edgar history, taken a year to develop this watch with the seiko meccaquartz. :ROFLMAO:

You'd think this one was something special, geesh, every Tom, Tick and Harry brands have been using these movements for years.

Parnis's Daytona homage is one of the popular ones, far better than the Swan & Edgar.

You have to laugh at the guy praising the Sports Radar watch, with the faux Panerai crown guard, wittering on about how this feature was on dive watches long ago, he mentions decades before it was even invented, and it's on a watch with 30mtrs water resistant and a press on back, which is as far from a dive watch as you can get. :ROFLMAO:

Shaun on a £112 (overpriced) watch - "looks like it cost thousands" :ROFLMAO:

As del would say.

images.jpg

But, but, Hayley "I truly Believe" Green said, if you want one of these as a Christmas present, and although she doesn't like mentioning the C word this early, if you want one for Christmas you must buy now as they won't be getting anymore deliveries before Christmas.

Considering IW presenters don't like mentioning the C word, or so they say, they don't half mention it a lot. :ROFLMAO:
I use the C word quite a lot when watching IW ;)

Mind you, and I appreciate taste is subjective, some of these look equally hideous to me as some of the IW offerings, and look at the prices!!! Yeah I get the fact these will be tier 1 quality in terms of materials and components, however I just can't get myself to like many of these styles no matter how good the actual watch is.

Most significant part of Swan & Edgar history, taken a year to develop this watch with the seiko meccaquartz. :ROFLMAO:

You'd think this one was something special, geesh, every Tom, Tick and Harry brands have been using these movements for years.

Parnis's Daytona homage is one of the popular ones, far better than the Swan & Edgar.

Started watching tonight's S&W show and tried hard not to shout at the telly, failed after 2 mins.
Regarding VK movements with real history, here's one of mine

Attachments

• pagani daytona.jpg
    pagani daytona.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
My dad was watching the Boneco Fan hour yesterday, as he was interested in the item, after recently investing in 2 of those JML Cube tningys, which you have to put water in.

Dad was watching the Demo and Alan Ennis had a thermometer In his hand, telling viewers what the temperature was, then my dad turned around the said that Reading isn’t true, as surely they have Air Con In the studio.

Stressing the word "mechanical" tonight, must've read hammy's email 😁 also noticed the bezel is adjustable? Why on a chrono?

They only did a small part of my email, sure they fix the on-screen graphic for the pick of the day and stopped saying Automatic (like Shaun was doing in the first show) but they've ignored fixing their web site, they also ignored fixing the on screen graphics for the second meccaquartz watch.
Well it took them a year to figure out if your using a tachymeter scale on a watch then it's easier with the stopwatch function of a chrono movement, maybe in another year they'll realise that if your putting a tachymeter scale on the bezel then there is no need for the bezel to be adjustable. ;)

I liked the way the "expert" kept saying Chronometer in stead of chronograph 🤣😂 on the S&E shows yesterday🤔 Yes they put a fixed tachymeter scale on a none chrono watch and a tunable tachymeter on a chrono😉yes these guys are masters of horological design and function 🤔

On the tourbillon watches, can't see them being an investment peice any time soon. One (Chinese)went through a sales forum for around £350 if memory serves me right 😁 Nice enough thing at that money but a bit disappointing if you shelled out near on a grand for it.😲☹ I'll add don't think the seller lost out that much, getting it direct from China

On the tourbillon watches, can't see them being an investment peice any time soon. One (Chinese)went through a sales forum for around £350 if memory serves me right 😁 Nice enough thing at that money but a bit disappointing if you shelled out near on a grand for it.😲☹ I'll add don't think the seller lost out that much, getting it direct from China
I bought one of the Seagull ‘flying duck’ skeleton tourbillons (a Breguet lookalike) about 3 years ago. £350 from the Bay.
Excellent at the price (VERY loud tick, strangely), but I’d not be paying anything like IW want for theirs.

Ah well, looks like the Sekonda guest has decided to join the shyster brigade, load of bullshit being spouted by him, of course his bullshit pales in comparison to the massive volume of verbal diarrhea being spouted by the horologically challenged Zelda, who shouldn't be allowed near a watch show. :rolleyes:

Just caught that small loud woman with several cars on her head. Flogging some fryer from Tower (she should be in it - the Tower, not the fryer) with a new bearded cook with more tattoos than a full crew on the HMS Belfast. “Vegetable oil has never seen a vegetable, she definitively states. Thanks for putting me right. I had thought soybeans were the main ingredient of vegetable oil. I was obviously wrong in thinking soybeans are classified as a vegetable. Nice to have educators as presenters on Exemplar Planet.

Latest posts

Back