Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just caught that small loud woman with several cars on her head. Flogging some fryer from Tower (she should be in it), with a new bearded cook with more tattoos than a full crew on the HMS Belfast. “Vegetable oil has never seen a vegetable, she definitively states. Thanks for putting me right. I had thought soybeans were the main ingredient of vegetable oil. I was obviously wrong in thinking soybeans are classified as a vegetable. Nice to have educators as presenters on Exemplar Planet.
Is she claiming a soybean, or a sunflower, or a rapeseed, is a mineral, then? Or are they meat? Beware the soybean, roaming the plains and deserts of Africa. Take care of the vicious, sabre-toothed sunflower.
Sheesh!

She appears to be wanting to portray vegetable oil as without any vegetables as a sales technique to encourage us to buy an air fryer. I thought misinformation in sales presentations on shopping television was contrary to ASA rules. I must contact them immediately to inform them. Hello? Hello? Three hour morning tea break has ended now!! Hello…

Caine formerly of Kung Fu and now a shopping TV host carries on the education of viewers based on the definitive pathway of facts. During the air fryer show he states to the bearded chef with two arms drawn on his tattoos: “Caravan ovens are notoriously rubbish.” All caravan oven manufacturers take note…When you can snatch the chip from my hand, it will be time for you to leave, says the chef…

This evening‘s guest from America is selling some kind of skin tonic. The man with the upside down head asked her age…59, nearly 60, she said, or words to that effect. In fairness, she looks on screen at least a good 20 years younger. Mason put her even younger..5, he said. Or was it 35? As the show progressed, Keep Wearing Your Masks asked her age again. I was 60 in May…No, I’m 59.. I was 59 in May..I’m 60 next May..er…Unusual to forget your own age. It’s usually one of the last things we forget. Maybe she is only 39?

Kev on the PX84A movement, the first Hybrid Automatic in the world, shame he's just making an arse of himself repeating the crap he spouted in December #16,746, if he spent just a few minutes investigating, he would find out he's talking rubbish. What's more baffling is that when he originally showed this watch with that movement, a viewer emailed in to say was that not just a kinetic movement to which Kev said no it's all new, blah blah. Moron

PX84A is just the Seiko 5M84A Kinetic movement (was used Seiko Kinetic watches for years but now discontinued), and now Seiko Epson are selling them to 3rd party brands and calling it the PX84A.

See he's also using the same story for the Mathey-Tissot City watches as he used for the Urban watches, ie a distributor ordered a thousand of each colour and we piggyback on to the order.
Which also begs the question, if another distributor is buying these watches and the Urban watches in the thousands and Kev adds his small order on, how are IW claiming to be the biggest distributor of Mathey-Tissot in the world?:unsure:

Omg, they're still flogging the veare1 limited edition, all sold out Vostok Europe watches 🙄 our Kev must have loads of unsold stock 😁
And a plastic case for £360😲😲

And he has the LAST of these watches in the World.

Ok stopping there, there is more out there but bored now.

As Kev would say, listen to this, if you are new to these shows, I LIE.;):ROFLMAO:

Also the Mathey Tissot Type 20 or as Kev calls it TypeXX used in WW1, there's me thinking it was a design commissioned for the French Airforce from the 50's. Might be wrong but weren't they still making wrist watches out of pocket watches, soldering on some lugs to pass a strap through at the time of WW1.
Thought the Bund style strap was to protect the skin from a very cold case back when at altitude, apparently something to do with holding down flapping clothing according to our Kev🤣

Also the Mathey Tissot Type 20 or as Kev calls it TypeXX used in WW1, there's me thinking it was a design commissioned for the French Airforce from the 50's. Might be wrong but weren't they still making wrist watches out of pocket watches, soldering on some lugs to pass a strap through at the time of WW1.
Thought the Bund style strap was to protect the skin from a very cold case back when at altitude, apparently something to do with holding down flapping clothing according to our Kev🤣

Yeah, maybe used in WW2, but didn't exist for WW1 and the watch on the show is just an affordable quartz type homage (similar looking but different) to the original.

This one is a better homage to the original.

bund straps were for protecting wrists in extreme temps.

Meltdown Mike has reinvented himself as an eco- warrior !
'They warned us about climate change , but we wouldn't listen.... now these scorching summers are going to continue , year after year after year !' he testifies .
Step aside Greta Thunberg , Mike Mason is leading the charge.
Gazing into the middle distance , with his trusty Boneco F220 Air Shower by his side , we feel that the sales figures are in good hands.
Only six weeks to go until the Santa hat comes out again,

I watched literally two mins of the watch show with Mike M last night. As usual he said 'crazy busy' about 2,000,000,000 times but when he did his usual, I turned over.

Julie, how many left my lovely?
(pause, look surprised, don't tell viewers the number remaining)
Really?!? Listen people, you better get a wriggle on, these are gonna GO!

So, are there 2 left in stock Mike, or is it 22, or 222?

Oh look, they're showing a picture of a submarine from decades ago and making some sort of tenuous connection to a watch being flogged ... I'd better buy it!!!

What a load of old sh1t

Something else i get annoyed at during their cordless shows, is when they compare run times, like others only run for 15/20 mins but Polti runs up to 50 mins. Which is very misleading as most cordless have two speeds, Max and Min speed, they are using the run time for min speed on the Polti and comparing it with max speed on other cordless, in a true comparison they would use Polti's run time at max speed, which is 17mins.

I watched literally two mins of the watch show with Mike M last night. As usual he said 'crazy busy' about 2,000,000,000 times but when he did his usual, I turned over.

Julie, how many left my lovely?
(pause, look surprised, don't tell viewers the number remaining)
Really?!? Listen people, you better get a wriggle on, these are gonna GO!

So, are there 2 left in stock Mike, or is it 22, or 222?

Oh look, they're showing a picture of a submarine from decades ago and making some sort of tenuous connection to a watch being flogged ... I'd better buy it!!!

What a load of old sh1t

well looking at their web site and it looks like there were NO sell outs last night, every watch on the show is still available, sbut no doubt Kev will be back with Mason very soon, telling us these watches always sell out but luckily Kev found a few more, he didn't know he had, in the back of his wardrobe. ;)

Mark Ryes is telling everyone cordless Polti is what you need, more powerful blah blah, get rid of your corded vacuum, upgrade to the Polti. :eek:

I'm confused Mark, Alan Ennis just sold me a Corded Henry Vacuum, bought it because he said cordless vacuums arent as powerful or as good, now you're saying cordless is an upgrade. :unsure:

Bev's talking a load a crap, as usual, total charlatan.;)

Have they got rid of all the proper chefs now, looking at the schedule. Just that ticktock star, whatever that means??? Guess they are trying to appeal to a younger market. because they must shop loads from shopping tv! :) Oh well, I guess it is over and out from me. Fortunately I only ever saw it as entertaining, only ever having one weak moment of curiosity for Blue Magic, which, well it is Blue but in terms of performance, NOT as seen on tv and certainly not magic. I still shudder every time I think of all those companies they claim use it, and name without actually naming them :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back