Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He made me smile when he said a hack movement was when you can hand wind an automatic. There’s me thinking it was to do with “synchronise you watches” as in the best war films🤔😃

He made me smile when he said a hack movement was when you can hand wind an automatic. There’s me thinking it was to do with “synchronise you watches” as in the best war films🤔😃

It's amazing the stuff they come out with, every one of the so called experts come out with some real crap, and it's baffling considering they've supposedly been involved in the watch trade for years.

It's almost like in the watch trade to get a job, you don't need experience/knowledge or training, only attribute needed is to be able to waffle a load of nonsense.

To think Clawley was once a sales rep for Seiko UK. :eek:

Listen gang its me Mike of the Masons Right!!!

Mike tells us its now a waste of timing turning the central heating on as it can take his upto 45 mins or even an hour to get warm and then start to get any benefit from said central heating.........OK MotM 🤪

Also a few days back on one of the shows he sounded honestly gutted at the energy cost cap!!! No really he started spouting some nonsense like " yeah gang we now have a energy cost cap in place but just a few weeks ago gang the prices were skyyyy high" what a sad lot!

But no doubt gang this will be advice not to hurry rush or worry you.......just "friendly advice" 🤗

Listen gang its me Mike of the Masons Right!!!

Mike tells us its now a waste of timing turning the central heating on as it can take his upto 45 mins or even an hour to get warm and then start to get any benefit from said central heating.........OK MotM 🤪

Also a few days back on one of the shows he sounded honestly gutted at the energy cost cap!!! No really he started spouting some nonsense like " yeah gang we now have a energy cost cap in place but just a few weeks ago gang the prices were skyyyy high" what a sad lot!

But no doubt gang this will be advice not to hurry rush or worry you.......just "friendly advice" 🤗
The presenters are either con artists, thick, or both.

Imagine you're watching a movie that's set in the future. The main character is sitting in their home with a heat source beside them. The only heat source in the house. When they move around the house, the heat source moves with them, constantly ensuring a 'bubble of heat' enwraps the main character thus keeping them warm. If someone else enters the house, another heat source activates and keeps them warm.

You could imagine that in such a movie, yes? Futuristic heat sources that heat zones instantly and can be moved around.

However, WE'RE NOT IN A FRIGGIN' FUTURISTIC MOVIE ARE WE?!?

The rads that IW is flogging, what do the presenters think will happen if one of those is switched on in a cold room? Is the entire room going to be toasty within 5 mins? And even if yes (which I seriously doubt) THE REST OF THE FRIGGIN' HOUSE IS FREEZING!!!

I'm not even typing this in a jokey way. The outright CRAP they spout when flogging these things is unbelievable. Central heating is now sh1te according to them. Solution? Buy 1, 2 or 3 of these.

Twats.

The Irish fellow with the billiard ball head is presenting some pretty average looking vacuum. I believe I could give it a run for its money on what I saw by getting down on my knees and sucking up dust. “It is worth more than the retail price in my opinion,” he proudly announces. Really? How exactly does he work that out? Tower, therefore, design a product and send it to market underpriced for the features. Of course they do. Just like all other businesses selling products they’ve manufactured at significantly less than they could do in terms of RRP and enjoy operating at a loss. How they get away with the lingo of the one day only sale of widescreen TVs in empty boxes sale in a hall with the back doors open and the engine running.

I would genuinely LOVE to see in the IW presenters homes to determine how many of them have their central heating switched off as the colder weather bites, in favour of having 1 or 2 of the rads they flog ;)
You really couldn’t make it up. According to the Beldray website the heaters can only be used for 4 hours at a time. They then need to be allowed to cool completely before being turned back on. Oh, and they should not be left unattended which rather spoils being able to turn on to warm a room before you get home. I may be wrong but I don’t recall any of this being mentioned?

New presenter alert! Adele Seeker? Teeker? Couldn’t catch her surname but it looks like they’ve dragged her in from a night out to replace Berk at short notice. I don’t recognise her but maybe she’s been a demonstrator before.

She’s on the overnight with the Miracle Shammy guy doing his same patter that he’s been doing for 30 years. I honestly remember seeing him doing the same jokes on the old Lifestyles TV channel in the early 90’s in the early days of Sky and UK selly telly, “pouring spilt whiskey and coke back into the glass”, and “smelly accidents from small animals and the worst type of animal? That’s right, the party animal!”

The miracle shammy isn’t that bad of a product, I’ve even bought some myself from the big markets (from guys doing the same script) but surely he must bore himself by doing it word for word at least twice in an hour long programme.

New presenter alert! Adele Seeker? Teeker? Couldn’t catch her surname but it looks like they’ve dragged her in from a night out to replace Berk at short notice. I don’t recognise her but maybe she’s been a demonstrator before.

She’s on the overnight with the Miracle Shammy guy doing his same patter that he’s been doing for 30 years. I honestly remember seeing him doing the same jokes on the old Lifestyles TV channel in the early 90’s in the early days of Sky and UK selly telly, “pouring spilt whiskey and coke back into the glass”, and “smelly accidents from small animals and the worst type of animal? That’s right, the party animal!”

The miracle shammy isn’t that bad of a product, I’ve even bought some myself from the big markets (from guys doing the same script) but surely he must bore himself by doing it word for word at least twice in an hour long programme.

He's like a younger version of silk duvet man, like death warmed up, same dull sleep inducing monotonous tone, and as you say same jokes repeated ad nauseum.

IW must really think their viewers are stupid.

Th Walking Dead said - This is affordable silk, the reason it's affordable is we've cut out the wholesaler, distributor and the shop keeper, you're buying direct. Those three people would want a margin of profit.

I love the sound of my voice Dean - And that's why we've got these prices guys blah blah, that's why we can give you these prices cause we're not feeding 3 or 4 people, just straight to you.

So the Walking Dead's company Arkay (Distributor) is not being fed?
Are IW (shopkeeper) is not being fed?
So nobody is making a margin of profit?

Surely straight to the customer would be if they went direct to Mulberry Silk Co themselves.

You really couldn’t make it up. According to the Beldray website the heaters can only be used for 4 hours at a time. They then need to be allowed to cool completely before being turned back on. Oh, and they should not be left unattended which rather spoils being able to turn on to warm a room before you get home. I may be wrong but I don’t recall any of this being mentioned?
To be honest I think it would normally be used with a thermostat meaning that the heater would switch off at a certain temperature and cool down, releasing stored heat and remaining off until the ambient temperature drops again, hence it wouldn't normally run for 4 hours continuously unless the room was too large/draughty for the heater to cope. Plus 'not be left unattended' sounds like a get-out clause if your home burnt down as a result of a faulty heater, though given that wi-fi functionaity is sometimes provided the heater *should* be OK unattended but I wouldn't risk it. And morally reprehensible to promote such functionality as 'normal'.

Anyway those heater demonstrations now seem even more repugnant with rapidly rising energy bills because those heaters are only really suitable for certain scenarios and require spending excessive amounts of money on something that would be wasteful for the majority of customers (plus not saving them money AT ALL unless their existing heating system is ancient/badly configured).

Now the guy working with the regular guest type gentleman this evening is a pretty good presenter I think. Somebody must be off this week - “My Name is Den, and I am incredibly annoying and aged 134”, perhaps? This, I imagine, allows Treadmill Tim (is it?) to sit in. I think he is less in YER FACE than people like the man with the upside down head, and a lot more normal looking than the strange looking man with a head like a Fine Fare bag full of Findus Crispy Pancakes, who probably came up the plug hole in Shivers in around 1976. Nice understated manner. Not overtly hard sell. A decent fellow, methinks.

Blimey…That bloke doing the Mulberry show is a barrel of laughs. I am sure he used to be Christopher Lee’s coach driver in Transylvania when he was playing Dracula for Hammer. Or am I confusing him with the warm up man at Bramcote Crematorium..

MulberRay........😴 Mother nature, Out of 7.8 trillion MulberRay duvets sold we have only had 19 yes 1 9 duvets returned!! 🥱 MulberRay also loves to show off his little framed award thingy 😴 MulberRay has had his very own duvet for 27 years dont ya know! 🛌 Ok folks thats the sales pitch over, the same boring stories show after show after show........Hope yous are all still awake 😩 MulberRay should really be presenting the snore wizad, He'd put everyone in a deep sleep very quickly. 👍

Latest posts

Back