Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tefal Ingenio pan time

Jess - right Mark, what have you got for us, it smells incredible (really emphasising the incredible bit)

Erm.... Mark had only got the pan warming to show the red spot :rolleyes:
I'm really struggling to decide which one is more irritating: Jess or Shona. Jess' voice goes straight through, but Shona always comes across like she needs a shot of tranquillisers to get her to calm the f* down. She also breaks into song at every available opportunity. Did you know she used to have a successful career in the West End? I'm not sure if she's mentioned it before.

I know a few have commented on it (including me!) so I'm telling you nothing new, however I made the mistake of hopping on last night I think and it was a repeat of Paul B and Simon selling a vac or something. Simon was mid demo with the camera on him when all you heard off screen was ...

WOOOOOOP ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOP ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!

Camera switches to Paul who's doing his woop thing with arms going crazy. I thought two things:

a) I bet Simon is standing there thinking 'what a twat!'
b) I wonder if Paul B realises he comes across as a complete idiot when he does this?

And yeah, his talking to non existent people just off camera is also laughable. Why oh why does he bother putting himself through this with all the other self help guru and life coach stuff he has going on? He must be able to command thousands per session doing those so why lower himself to doing IW ... I just don't get it.

;)

It's all for attention, most of them are actors, media folk, all extrovert types, all have this insane need for the limelight and are desperate attention seekers.

Roofix with Paul B. I’m not a expert at this, but I will pass you over to our Guest Expert Peter V.

Sorry Paul Peter is not a guest expert, he is a Jack of all trades guest,

Actually he's a "Jack of no trades" he's just an actor playing at being a guest.

The Roofix demos need changing, it's a really deceitful unfair demo, comparing Roofix with Bitumen Paint, is like comparing a fork and knife and saying a fork doesn't cut as well as a knife, two different products for different roles. Bitumen Paint is not meant to seal leaks, it's for weatherproofing to help prevent leaks occurring in the first place. There is a Bitumen product, with fibres in it, that is very similar to Roofix which is meant to seal leaks, but you won't see it on IW as it would scupper their demo.

I'm thinking of pitching my idea for a new watch range for Ideal World. I think a heritage brand would be a good idea. Perhaps something named after a grand old shop from many years ago. I can't do Swan and Edgar and I can't do Gamages. What about Marshall & Snelgrove? Or maybe the Barrett's Liquormart Colt 45 range? Tandy? Timothy Whites? I've got it - Brentford Nylons Superior Timepieces..

I'm really struggling to decide which one is more irritating: Jess or Shona. Jess' voice goes straight through, but Shona always comes across like she needs a shot of tranquillisers to get her to calm the f* down. She also breaks into song at every available opportunity. Did you know she used to have a successful career in the West End? I'm not sure if she's mentioned it before.

Jess was quieter to start with but has now picked up all the bad traits, mannerisms, lies etc from the others and just behaves like a giddy teenager most of the time, Shona on the other hand is all performance, putting her super, super theatre/acting skills to use. I don't like either as they descend further to the dark side, but would tolerate Jess just slightly more than Shona, Shona is out and out calculated and devious, especially in her pretendy "Interiors Expert" Role.

I'm thinking of pitching my idea for a new watch range for Ideal World. I think a heritage brand would be a good idea. Perhaps something named after a grand old shop from many years ago. I can't do Swan and Edgar and I can't do Gamages. What about Marshall & Snelgrove? Or maybe the Barrett's Liquormart Colt 45 range? Tandy? Timothy Whites? I've got it - Brentford Nylons Superior Timepieces..

or Zavvi, a must for the savvy watch collector. :D

Yeah can't listen to Jess, grating voice. Can't listen to Denniiisssseeee, 24/7 'having a moment' tone to her voice. Can't listen to Genevieve, shouty shouty and grating. Can't listen to Peter S, Mike M or Paul B ... nowt to do with their voices, just find them twatish.

Roofix with Paul B. I’m not a expert at this, but I will pass you over to our Guest Expert Peter V.

Sorry Paul Peter is not a guest expert, he is a Jack of all trades guest,
Did Peter V have a suitcase on set?

When you have Roofix you won't need these ...

(proceeds to pull various power tools, a JCB digger, a crane, a dumper trunk, roofing felt, roofing tiles, roof joists and scaffolding poles out of the case)

It's all for attention, most of them are actors, media folk, all extrovert types, all have this insane need for the limelight and are desperate attention seekers.
Yeah, slightly in their defence, it's their job to turn up and wax lyrical about whatever they're selling, whether a £5000 watch or a £19.99 tabletop oven. Hence them sounding equally excited regardless of the product.

Yeah, slightly in their defence, it's their job to turn up and wax lyrical about whatever they're selling, whether a £5000 watch or a £19.99 tabletop oven. Hence them sounding equally excited regardless of the product.

I would allow them a little defence if it was limited to just being wax lyrical about the products, but they go way over the score, and not only do they lie and feed the viewer with a lot of misleading info but also act like a bunch of annoying prats.
Loads of folk in retail in the UK, who can wax lyrical about the products they are selling, but they don't behave in the manner that IW folk do, can you imagine going in to get a phone and the saleperson plonks a suitcase on the counter, full of stuff you won't need to carry around with you or buying a mattress and the salesperson kneels at the end of the bed and descends into an inane monologue? ;):ROFLMAO:

And now we have the Morecambe and Wise / Two Ronnies tribute act. Pair of ****** idiots. ;)

That really expensive Mathey-Tissot Ltd edition that Peter Simon is easy worth £3500 and must insure and talking like it's new today, when they've had it on a few times before, one was on ebay recently, went for £880, that's a £319 loss in a few months, for whomever bought it off Ideal world.

They need to be honest to folks and tell them very few watches will make you money, even bargains will end up with you losing money when you sell, of course for watch collectors like me, that's not a problem as i don't sell my watches, but if i did i would never expect my watches to go up in value or even keep it's value.

Oh haven't heard the ETA story for a while. :ROFLMAO:

Baselworld only mentioned once up to now 😂 some bonny watches but nothing to cross the road for 🤔 He was doing the Vostok earlier, and mentioned Swiss etc in the description, 🤔 Japanese movement, cases stamped in China (probably) assembled in Lithuania, where does Swiss come in all that?🤣 beaten by hammy

Latest posts

Back