Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was it daddy Fields? He's the one that's been on before on the TJC with Gamages.

Gamages is just a brand name like Swan & Edgar, but i'm guessing, as it's a bit hard to find company information on them, but would assume it's part of Fields Luxury Ltd as they are the same address in London as Swan & Edgar. And of course baby fields is the sole Director/shareholder.

A lot of watch brands on IW, with high rrps, seem to be stuck with introductory prices as well. ;):)
Yeah I think it was him. Look, I know I'm my own worst enemy, joking aside I think I need to stop flicking onto these channels for a long time! But it does get tiresome to watch and listen to the drivel. Just stop and think for a sec. They're flogging us a watch for £100, throwing in a free gift meant to be worth £70 ... and they're trying to tell us the watch should be selling for £600?!? Aye, whatever.

Funnily enough, yes I'm a glutton for punishment, I've literally just flicked on to TJC now and they're still flogging the Gamages watches. Me confused. Last night they kept saying they were about to sell out, hardly any left in stock so grab 'em now, 'now' being last night.

And yet 24 hours later you still have stock ...

#SomeonesTellingPorkies

Yeah I think it was him. Look, I know I'm my own worst enemy, joking aside I think I need to stop flicking onto these channels for a long time! But it does get tiresome to watch and listen to the drivel. Just stop and think for a sec. They're flogging us a watch for £100, throwing in a free gift meant to be worth £70 ... and they're trying to tell us the watch should be selling for £600?!? Aye, whatever.

Funnily enough, yes I'm a glutton for punishment, I've literally just flicked on to TJC now and they're still flogging the Gamages watches. Me confused. Last night they kept saying they were about to sell out, hardly any left in stock so grab 'em now, 'now' being last night.

#SomeonesTellingPorkies

Surely use the same script as Ideal world. :ROFLMAO:

Just having a look, just a presenter at the moment, maybe a bit late for Daddy Fields, they're just the same as Swan & Edgar watches in different colourways and Gamages name on them.

I know what you mean, being a glutton for punishment, and you're right the constant drivel and lies is boring, but I'm a stubborn auld git and part of me feels determined too continue watching and let others know what lies are being spouted. ;):ROFLMAO:

Even if it only saves one person being conned, then it's worth it.

Of course once the lockdown is over, and light nights and fine weather arrive, then viewing will decrease. ;)

#SomeonesTellingPorkies
I foolishly ordered a Gamages watch for Mr Twirl for our anniversary. 1st payment taken same day. Watch didn't arrive as expected. Phoned a couple of times to be told that they were waiting for stock. When I queried if they actually had any stock when I placed the order they said no. I am assuming that they place the order when they know how many they need. I was very lucky, according to Trust pilot, in that I received a refund promptly.

I foolishly ordered a Gamages watch for Mr Twirl for our anniversary. 1st payment taken same day. Watch didn't arrive as expected. Phoned a couple of times to be told that they were waiting for stock. When I queried if they actually had any stock when I placed the order they said no. I am assuming that they place the order when they know how many they need. I was very lucky, according to Trust pilot, in that I received a refund promptly.

I hate when companies do that.

If it's not in stock, when they've given the impression it is, then they should inform the customer asap, not the customer only finding out when the item is overdue and contacting the company. Nothing worse than waiting for an item you're expecting only to find out after contacting the seller that it wasn't in stock after all and you have an unknown wait for the item.

a lot of these companies fail to realise, it doesn't just matter how good the products they sell are, but it's also very important how good their customer service is. Poor customer service is a sure fire way to put people off from returning.

Just seen this on twitter....from 2 days ago .... 6 replies in 2 days
Rob Locke
@roblockeontv

Feb 26

Twitter, please help. I'm serious. Let's use your power for good. My ultimate goal is to be the next actor to play The Doctor. It's my calling. It's the role I was born to play. I AM The Doctor. Please unleash your retweeting, viral, social-media force. #BBC #DoctorWho
The man is absolutely delusional. The thing is, he actually believes that this tweet will create a social media storm with millions of his fans retweeting it and bringing him to the attention of the Beeb higher ups. Every one of his shows will be an audition, showcasing his range of accents and his wacky style.
I don't mind Rob normally, he's a tit but he doesn't give a **** whether we buy the shite that he's flogging because he has bigger ideas for himself and his career. At least he's not a complete scumbag like Mason or Berk. However, now he's going to be even more insufferable than before.

Standard Disclaimer: No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Kevinski Reynoldski has one of the best laughs in showbusiness and his appearances on Ideal World are legendary. It is here that he regales viewers with tales of the CEO’s of some of the world’s most prestigious watch firms: Albongo Freezero of Matty Tossot, Igor Nosocksy of Lowstock, Edgar Voloducky of Avibrator, are just some of the names that get a regular mention.

And Kev’s never been short of a tale or two when it comes to his long-standing association with these luxury brands, including:

• The time when Matty Tossot kept their factory open over a bank holiday weekend so that he could take delivery of a Rolly Polly Special Edition watch.

• A brush with death as Russian bandits tried to hijack his van full of Lowstocks! Not only was Kevin’s life in serious peril, he also faced the heartbreaking loss of Mike Mason’s repeatedly sold out watch. Igor Nosocksy saved the day, sending a crack team of ex-military watchmakers to the rescue.

• And who could forget the breathtaking account of the handover of Avibrator’s latest watch, when Edgar Voloducky flew in on a stunt plane, performed a 360° loop the loop, and dropped the timepiece right into the top pocket of Kevin’s tuxedo.

Kevin is perhaps best known for his pairing with Ideal World’s resident comedian Peter Simons. The two first met many years ago at Basil World. Coming directly from a successful run as a Liberace warm up act in Las Vegas, Peter was spotted entertaining a bemused crowd in the discount leather strap isle. Impressed by his Les Dawson style gurning, Kevin immediately recognised him as someone who could bring gravitas and value to the world of horology.

As well as their sparkling repartee and comic timing, developed over many years, this dynamic duo are also known for their trademark specialty light act. At some point in their Ideal World show, the studio lights will be dimmed and a camera will zoom in to a watch and a torch. The merest hint of torchlight is enough to stimulate a dazzling light show as the magical tubes in the watch dial are brought to life

It is here we see the full impact of Peter and Kevin’s highly polished routine, as they both weigh in with their theatrical observations: “Ain’t it amazing!” is Peter’s opening salvo, with Kevin adding a devastatingly effective comment about just how expensive the magical tubes are. Absolutely brilliant!

And finally, we must give a mention to Kevin’s most loyal customer, Dave Loaded. Not only has Dave purchased nearly every watch that has been brought to air, he also encourages viewers to buy watches, and even features in Kevin’s yearly cash-flow projections. Such patronage hasn’t been forgotten, with Dave getting the occasional favourable mention on the show, to the extent that he could almost be regarded as some sort of friend. Almost.

That’s just the sort of class we’ve come to expect from Kevin. I doubt we will ever see his likes again.

I am not so sure how many watches Ideal sell in one show because there are no true indicators

At least with TJC you can see how many have physically sold (ok a small number won't be checked out but usually not many on there)

between 8am-10am Sunday Morning the gamages watches sold were 578. For me that seems high and I would be amazed if Ideal sold that many in the same time period especially at that time of the day

Could be wrong

RE Locke (twat) he tweeted at weekend swiftly deleted moaning he couldn't get a PS5 (and saying they were lying about stock LOL), one of the replies stated it was rich coming from him after he had said a collectable had been sold and was still on sale 2 months later (it was) some will tell you Locke doesn't pressure sell :)

He swiftly deleted his moaning tweet

Standard Disclaimer: No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

Kevinski Reynoldski has one of the best laughs in showbusiness and his appearances on Ideal World are legendary. It is here that he regales viewers with tales of the CEO’s of some of the world’s most prestigious watch firms: Albongo Freezero of Matty Tossot, Igor Nosocksy of Lowstock, Edgar Voloducky of Avibrator, are just some of the names that get a regular mention.

And Kev’s never been short of a tale or two when it comes to his long-standing association with these luxury brands, including:

• The time when Matty Tossot kept their factory open over a bank holiday weekend so that he could take delivery of a Rolly Polly Special Edition watch.

• A brush with death as Russian bandits tried to hijack his van full of Lowstocks! Not only was Kevin’s life in serious peril, he also faced the heartbreaking loss of Mike Mason’s repeatedly sold out watch. Igor Nosocksy saved the day, sending a crack team of ex-military watchmakers to the rescue.

• And who could forget the breathtaking account of the handover of Avibrator’s latest watch, when Edgar Voloducky flew in on a stunt plane, performed a 360° loop the loop, and dropped the timepiece right into the top pocket of Kevin’s tuxedo.

Kevin is perhaps best known for his pairing with Ideal World’s resident comedian Peter Simons. The two first met many years ago at Basil World. Coming directly from a successful run as a Liberace warm up act in Las Vegas, Peter was spotted entertaining a bemused crowd in the discount leather strap isle. Impressed by his Les Dawson style gurning, Kevin immediately recognised him as someone who could bring gravitas and value to the world of horology.

As well as their sparkling repartee and comic timing, developed over many years, this dynamic duo are also known for their trademark specialty light act. At some point in their Ideal World show, the studio lights will be dimmed and a camera will zoom in to a watch and a torch. The merest hint of torchlight is enough to stimulate a dazzling light show as the magical tubes in the watch dial are brought to life

It is here we see the full impact of Peter and Kevin’s highly polished routine, as they both weigh in with their theatrical observations: “Ain’t it amazing!” is Peter’s opening salvo, with Kevin adding a devastatingly effective comment about just how expensive the magical tubes are. Absolutely brilliant!

And finally, we must give a mention to Kevin’s most loyal customer, Dave Loaded. Not only has Dave purchased nearly every watch that has been brought to air, he also encourages viewers to buy watches, and even features in Kevin’s yearly cash-flow projections. Such patronage hasn’t been forgotten, with Dave getting the occasional favourable mention on the show, to the extent that he could almost be regarded as some sort of friend. Almost.

That’s just the sort of class we’ve come to expect from Kevin. I doubt we will ever see his likes again.

Shame we can only give one, but that post deserves multiple likes. 👏(y):ROFLMAO::)

Brilliant lol😂🤣😂🤣😂😉

Dee Knees liberally rubbing her hands with the Elixinol Hemp Oil saying how lovely it smells. Educator Chris haha obviously not listening as he says it’s suitable for men as well as women as it’s a neutral smell.

She then says her mantra of how she can’t tell you anything that’s not true blah blah.....

Dee Knees liberally rubbing her hands with the Elixinol Hemp Oil saying how lovely it smells. Educator Chris haha obviously not listening as he says it’s suitable for men as well as women as it’s a neutral smell.

She then says her mantra of how she can’t tell you anything that’s not true blah blah.....

Mason last night at launch said there is "no way" the stock will last past 11pm

wrong Mikey

This morning Ayley "this won't make the afternoon shows"

wrong Ayley

Even more strange is the balm Ayley said at 9amish this morning "no real point showing the balm as only 44 left"

Well by the end of Denise's show at 730pm it is still in stock.

Mason last night at launch said there is "no way" the stock will last past 11pm

wrong Mikey

This morning Ayley "this won't make the afternoon shows"

wrong Ayley

Even more strange is the balm Ayley said at 9amish this morning "no real point showing the balm as only 44 left"

Well by the end of Denise's show at 730pm it is still in stock.
Yeah they’re ‘not trying to rush or hurry you in any way, shape or form’ are they?

This watch expert I have never seen before I quite like her seems friendly upbeat and concise

Did just laugh though when she said this is the "competizione" which means competition

Yeah they’re ‘not trying to rush or hurry you in any shape or form’ are they?
Mason you could see the panic in his eyes as nothing was shifting the more he repeats it the quieter they are imo

I think Ayley was being honest about the 44 left which worries me sales-wise that is shocking

Masarati watch

NH70 is just the skeleton version of the NH35, which seems to be the stock movement for all their autos.

The Traguardo, as Shaun says, quality is second to none, lovely line up tonight and amazing quality, yeah especially with the £10 miyota inside it.:ROFLMAO:

Shaun's amazed prices are so low, oh their introductory prices. :ROFLMAO:

And despite what "my name is Shaun BTW" these are just fashion watches, not luxury or high end quality watches, think Diesel, Police, Timberland, Armani Exchange,etc.

Latest posts

Back