Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just been watching made in Britain. Don’t know how old the programme is but one section had two brothers who got together to make Bremont mechanical watches. It showed the actual building of a watch by watchmakers who have learned their craft over many years. The watch would sell for 3K.
Bremont make very nice watches, sponsored the English Rugby team (ahem)🤔

Was just about to say here we go again, fashion watches with a "name" on the front, can't see why car manufacturers need to get involved with cheap watches 🙄
Money, it's all about money, anyway they can use their name to make more money and they'll do it. Same as Ferrari watches or Renault waterless wax, a name can make you money no matter how good or bad the product is. ;)

That new presenter is at least, half decent 👍 she even mentioned the nh-70 movement 😎 thank God she's on with Shaun by the way and not Peter Slimons 😂

i think she has notes on the back of that big card in front of her. ;)

While she is better at describing the technical aspects of the watches, she is letting herself down with exaggerating the quality of the watches, the amount of times the word luxury has been said tonight is ludicrous. :ROFLMAO: If she was just honest and said that Maserati was decent fashion watch then she would get a gold star from me for her presentation, but the exaggeration means she doesn't get a pass mark, she's is better than Fields, Bordell, Boydell, Clawley though, so she should at least be happy with that for her first show. :ROFLMAO:

Shaun says he already has 2 Maserati watches in his collection. Think it would be a good if Shaun did a SOTC in one of these shows, so we can admire his collection of Luxury timepieces, many acquired from IW at bargain prices. :ROFLMAO:

So not only do people ask Mason about his watches, now everybody that sees him in his Lakeland leather jacket, says "I'm not saying this for effect, everybody that see me walking with this jacket, they say, I'll tell you what Mike, that jacket you've got is absolutely gorgeous, where did you get it from". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good job he didn’t buy the regatta one he had on the other week. They’d probably tell him how he looked old and hard up.

When IW say, you can win a £1000 bundle of IW products, is that £1000 using the fictitious RRPs or using the bargain show prices? :unsure:
Think they really should clarify, cause there will be a heck of a difference in bundle contents depending on which price they are using, £1000 won't go far using the RRP prices. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Maybe it’s a bunch of the £70 pens.

Good job he didn’t buy the regatta one he had on the other week. They’d probably tell him how he looked old and hard up.

:eek:

Hey leave Regatta alone, I have Regatta Jackets, not the luxury ones IW do, but still cost me £25 off ebay, and they don't make me look old and hard up, I already look old and hard up before I put it on. ;):ROFLMAO:

So not only do people ask Mason about his watches, now everybody that sees him in his Lakeland leather jacket, says "I'm not saying this for effect, everybody that see me walking with this jacket, they say, I'll tell you what Mike, that jacket you've got is absolutely gorgeous, where did you get it from". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A similar thing happens to me on quite a regular basis. A bit like this ...

Person: You still wearing that old jacket?
Me: Yeah, bought it in Asda 10 years ago for £29.99, now p*ss off!

I see the Renault "when it's gone it's gone, you won't see again" waterless wax is slow in selling out.
And I see Hayley being a bit misleading with her sales patter, Hayley screaming "We will not see this again, sadly The Renault F1 team is no longer, so this is your last opportunity, I'm stocking up" & "40% gone and you will not get this again".

Actually Hayley, a Renault F1 team will still exist, it's just changing it's name to help promote Renault's sports car brand Alpine, it's the same team (one or two staff changes) based in the same locations and same owner etc etc. So technically you are correct in saying you won't see this waterless wax with Renault F1 Team branding again, but in reality you will see the product again, but with Alpine F1 Waterless Wax branding instead. ;)

Latest posts

Back