Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They know very well what they're doing dropping statements like this in.

Talking about the mattresses, once covid is sufficiently over and they've all been jabbed, this is what I want to see. One presenter lying at one side of the mattress as if soundly asleep. The other presenter lying at the other side, tossing and turning (not gently, realistically) so we can see first hand how motionless the other person remains. Oh and do it on a bare uncovered mattress that isn't masked with covers.

It's all very well doing the demos on a small section of the pocket springs, get real people on a full size mattress and start moving around as people do in real life, then I might believe you ;)

Yeah, get Rob Locke or Paul Brodel involved, then we'll see just how little motion transfer Dormeo mattress has then. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah, get Rob Locke or Paul Brodel involved, then we'll see just how little motion transfer Dormeo mattress has then. :eek::ROFLMAO:
Yeah, even when they gently roll the dumbbell over the pocket springs, you can see the other dumbbell move slightly. Fine, it's unrealistic to expect no motion. However I expect if you were sharing a bed with someone and they tossed and turned the way people often do (not gently but quite abruptly) even in a mattress with pocket springs, the other person would move quite a lot. Not as much as a traditional mattress perhaps, however not as minimally as IW like to make out.

Don't know if anyone noticed on last night's offerings of S&E watches, the date wheel on a few pieces didn't line up, ie you couldn't see the date, :rolleyes: and the seconds hand in the sub-dial stopped at 20, then jumped twice up to 35:ROFLMAO: Hand assembled quality craftsmanship:cool: Looking forward to tonights offerings

Don't know if anyone noticed on last night's offerings of S&E watches, the date wheel on a few pieces didn't line up, ie you couldn't see the date, :rolleyes: and the seconds hand in the sub-dial stopped at 20, then jumped twice up to 35:ROFLMAO: Hand assembled quality craftsmanship:cool: Looking forward to tonights offerings
Not uncommon for jumping hands or hands not to line up, on a quality built S&E. 😂🤔

Peter & Kev - "Nobody in the world has seen them. "

Garbage they've been on sale for a few years. As for the price, your son's site is selling it for £450 today.

From 2018

I'm pretty sure Aviator is palming off watches they haven't been able to sell elsewhere on to IW.

Oh and the special watch (CS Swiss Military) coming up later has been out for years.

So, diver's watch, why would you need a chrono movement and how could you read it at that depth? Or even operate the pushers 🤔 Can't even read the time due to distortion 😂 A lot of money for basically a watch that'll probably never see a kitchen sink never mind the Marianas Trench 🤣

Omega's Ultra Deep professional was strapped to the outside of a submersible and reached the bottom of the Mariana Trench in 2019, 10,298 mtrs. And Rolex made one prototype which also reached the bottom of the trench but the production run was limited to 3,900 mtr.

Kev's story of the Gagarin is funny, saying the original Poljot 2609 movement was too dear so they put the Poljot 2416B in it instead to get the cheaper price, so IW are selling at £269.99 + £8.99 p & p = £278.98.
Strange my Gagarin with a Poljot 2609 in cost me £278.40 from Germany, 58p cheaper and a more expensive movement. :D

Speaking of Poljot, wearing one today.

Poljot 'Aviator I Chronograph' (Cal: Poljot 3133)
81.Poljot 'Aviator I Chronograph' (Cal Poljot 3133)1.jpg

You guys really know your stuff with watches, it's impressive. I don't even wear one!

CC

That's what happens when you suffer the watch collecting addiction. :ROFLMAO:

I suppose compared to IW presenters and their guests, but in reality compared to other folks on our watch forum I'm pretty much an amateur in the watch knowledge stakes, it's amazing the amount of knowledge some of the other watch lovers have, especially regarding vintage brands, watches and movements.

So, diver's watch, why would you need a chrono movement and how could you read it at that depth? Or even operate the pushers 🤔 Can't even read the time due to distortion 😂 A lot of money for basically a watch that'll probably never see a kitchen sink never mind the Marianas Trench 🤣

The story PS told that he met Kevinski 30 years ago doing a piece for a Sat morn TV programme in Basel and Kev told him he was looking for a special watch warranted a return of Jackanory. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure it was a S&E show I caught 5 mins of last night or night before where the brand ambassador said the watches are fully tested for x days before they're sold ... evidently not the ones they show on IW ;)

I know it maybe seems as though I watch a lot of selly telly, in reality I don't. I'm a serial channel hopper though so do see lots of little snippets here and there!

Something that I've picked up on recently (and you know what it's like, once you notice something it can really irritate you) is the amount of times Peter S makes the statement 'I really do mean this ...' with the faux sincere face.

Having read up on this in the past, when people make such statements, it often infers they internally think the exact opposite e.g. 'I'm not racist but ...'

You should mean EVERYTHING you say when conveying information to viewers Peter, to use this phrase every minute or so infers the rest of the time you perhaps don't 'really mean it.'

Me confused?!?

They were selling a Polti cordless vac yesterday ... but just two maybe three nights previously they were selling the exact same one and we were warned to 'buy now' as they would undoubtedly sell out.

;)

Shona very proud of showing how much the pocket sprung mattresses isolate movement by placing a glass of water on the mattress then ... quite carefully ... sitting up and down near the glass. It doesn't topple over, impressive, right?

Nope.

Without a word of a lie, I've just conducted the same experiment on my 10 year old traditional mattress. Started off by sitting down very carefully, then quite carefully, then plonking myself down with quite a force. Yes the glass moved slightly more each time, however came nowhere near toppling over ;)

Shona assures us she puts her hot cup of tea on her mattress each morning when she takes her breakfast back to bed. I wouldn't have thought the foam would take too kindly to having a hot cup on it ...

I know it maybe seems as though I watch a lot of selly telly, in reality I don't. I'm a serial channel hopper though so do see lots of little snippets here and there!

Something that I've picked up on recently (and you know what it's like, once you notice something it can really irritate you) is the amount of times Peter S makes the statement 'I really do mean this ...' with the faux sincere face.

Having read up on this in the past, when people make such statements, it often infers they internally think the exact opposite e.g. 'I'm not racist but ...'

You should mean EVERYTHING you say when conveying information to viewers Peter, to use this phrase every minute or so infers the rest of the time you perhaps don't 'really mean it.'
He has been doing it for 25 years and has done the rounds of most channels he ain't changing!

Latest posts

Back