Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is the problem IW (and other selly telly channels) surely have these days, numerous other retailers (many with an online presence) who are equally competitive or better on price, and of course who usually sell many other options. Yes, selly telly had the novelty factor and to an extent a captive audience years ago as in pre Internet days, however I just don't see how they can survive in years to come as more and more people will be Internet savvy by default and will check almost every purchasing decision online to see if they can get it or something similar for less cost.

IW appear to have stopped selling things like mobile phones on TV, meaning that the remaining market of people who don't have such products but may consider buying one as an impulse purchase must now be too small to be economically viable for them. Nowadays it's mainly the impulse purchase staples such as vacuum/carpet cleaners, kitchen equipment, clothing and beauty products plus financial services (pensions, wills), items aimed at collectors as well as seasonal products such as garden equipment and overpriced tat toys.

IW appear to have stopped selling things like mobile phones on TV, meaning that the remaining market of people who don't have such products but may consider buying one as an impulse purchase must now be too small to be economically viable for them. Nowadays it's mainly the impulse purchase staples such as vacuum/carpet cleaners, kitchen equipment, clothing and beauty products plus financial services (pensions, wills), items aimed at collectors as well as seasonal products such as garden equipment and overpriced tat toys.
They would tell you they havent had Electronic items due to the World Situation.

How dare you! The toys IW sell look TOP quality, the BEST plastics, made to LAST ...

... not :)

eLife bikes with Prat Pervy Pete now who has said all you have to do is straighten the handlebars and put air in the tyres, but the tyres are solid puncture proof you TIT. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently they are shocked to see them still in stock as he reckoned they would sell out last thursday, also he said its worth £3000 with all the extras like mudguards worth £100 :unsure:

Notice how Bordell won't tell Peter what he's saying is wrong, he just makes sure he carefully words his replies to keep himself on the right side without pointing out to Peter he's in the wrong.

Peter on the Infinity Swiss - "we have got, now this Swiss Eagle right (actually was Infinity Swiss), I promise you go and buy this, we're talking a Swiss Made watch aren't we?"

Bordell - "We're talking Swiss movement inside there, this is Infinity Swiss, this is a chronograph inspired by motorsports, it's bold, it's big, it's got a carbon dial there, it's a Swiss movement as you said, blah blah."

That's not what he said, he said Swiss made, Swiss made & Swiss movement are two different things.

One thing you can't deny about Peter S though is his wide verbal repertoire when presenting.

Honestly ...
Can I say, honestly ...
Honestly, can I say ...
Right, listen, honestly ...
I've got to just say, honestly ...
Right, honestly, can I just say, honestly ...
I mean, honestly ...

Tbh I'm surprised he was never snapped up by the Royal Shakespeare Company. His range is amazing.

It must be worrying the IW staff and presenters as it's become very apparent how the range of products seems to have shrank a great deal and I don't think that's down to COVID.
Tonight's overnight show for example is home fitness. What are they offering? The Vibrapower plate and the inversion table, neither of which have any proven health or fitness benefits from reputable sources. It's great that they have an electric bike but there's more than one model they could be offering.
The home fitness market has boomed this past year due to people shut in. Why haven't Ideal World taken advantage of this by offering quality exercise bikes, running machines (not that flimsy linear walker) and weight sets, dumbbells etc?
Instead they trot out the same few items that don't do anything for fitness. It's almost as though they have chosen to con their viewer, rather than sell quality items. Their business model is flawed as the consumer realises they've been ripped off and don't return.
I fear it won't be long before they start flogging worry angels and blue lapis globes.

As a viewer of Create and Craft as well, I sometimes wonder which Is there main channel.

Nellykins sums up IW just right.

But Create and Craft have new products every day, Expert Guests Many with years of Experience who the viewers like and respect. Overall a better presenter line up, many who were moved from IW, when the Bid rejects appeared, Dean Wilson being an example. Viewers have voted him Favourite Presenter for Like 8 years, you would think if you have a presenter liked as much as Dean IW would want to use him.

IW and there ooh the World Situation is wearing a bit thin

As a viewer of Create and Craft as well, I sometimes wonder which Is there main channel.

Nellykins sums up IW just right.

But Create and Craft have new products every day, Expert Guests Many with years of Experience who the viewers like and respect. Overall a better presenter line up, many who were moved from IW, when the Bid rejects appeared, Dean Wilson being an example. Viewers have voted him Favourite Presenter for Like 8 years, you would think if you have a presenter liked as much as Dean IW would want to use him.

IW and there ooh the World Situation is wearing a bit thin
Create & Craft, should be rebranded as '99% Card Making Channel' ;)

Some of you may remember that on a previous eLife bike they couldn't even spell the word 'Electric' properly or similar? Well take a look at this picture from last night and see if you can spot something...

Swift Upside Down.png

Yes, some 'genius' at the eLife factory had put the 'Swift' logo on the bike UPSIDE DOWN :ROFLMAO:🤣🤣

Some of you may remember that on a previous eLife bike they couldn't even spell the word 'Electric' properly or similar? Well take a look at this picture from last night and see if you can spot something...

View attachment 21081

Yes, some 'genius' at the eLife factory had put the 'Swift' logo on the bike UPSIDE DOWN :ROFLMAO:🤣🤣
I did notice on the next show that they'd swapped the bikes around so it was showing the right way up on the other side of the bike 😂

Latest posts

Back