Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see that the show was also selling swiss movement watches which was slated off by kevinski several days ago.

At least moike never mentioned that this watch was a display model.
You lot don't know your watches.

IT'S OBVIOUSLY A DESIGN FEATURE!

I read about this in an industry magazine. The TOP quality watches that should be selling for TENS of THOUSANDS now have a feature whereby components within the watch come loose. The watch is constantly monitoring how its weight feels to the wearer on their wrist. If the watch senses any weight imbalance, it temporarily releases components from their usual position to redistribute the weight so it feels more even to the wearer.

If you could see that exact watch today, the components will have reattached themselves to their correct places within the watch.

It's a good job I'm here to keep you guys right ...

Christ me, talk about bumming up fellow presenters, today takes the biscuit, creepy displaying a severe case of brown nosing. :eek:

Alan Ennis demonstrating waterless wash and wax, you know the highly scientific & technical demo of spray, wipe and polish.

Creepy - "and a big thank you to our Science expert, Alan Ennis."

Science expert? If he's a science expert, then after working 30 odd years as a Lab Technician i must be Einstein, Hawking, Newton et al all rolled into one. :ROFLMAO:

He's a ****** actor/presenter ya numpty, he's no expert, let alone a Science expert.:rolleyes:

Anyone spot 2 (the luminous part) of the indices had fell off the blue Sputnik watch bought to us by that quality manufacturer, CCCP 😄🤔🤭

Remember Solar Time are the manufacturer, CCCP is just one of their many brand names they use.

They are so amateurish with their presentations, harping on about high quality etc and then showing a watch with flaws. :ROFLMAO:

I see that the show was also selling swiss movement watches which was slated off by kevinski several days ago.

At least moike never mentioned that this watch was a display model.

Yeah, Kev has now mentioned that a few times, think he's not happy with guests and presenters misrepresenting the origins of a lot of these lower quality watches from China. As Kev says, just cause it says Swiss movement on the dial (or even Swiss Made) doesn't make them Swiss watches or manufactured to a higher standard. Most of these Swiss movement watches, use movements that are assembled in Ronda's Thailand plant.

You lot don't know your watches.

IT'S OBVIOUSLY A DESIGN FEATURE!

I read about this in an industry magazine. The TOP quality watches that should be selling for TENS of THOUSANDS now have a feature whereby components within the watch come loose. The watch is constantly monitoring how its weight feels to the wearer on their wrist. If the watch senses any weight imbalance, it temporarily releases components from their usual position to redistribute the weight so it feels more even to the wearer.

If you could see that exact watch today, the components will have reattached themselves to their correct places within the watch.

It's a good job I'm here to keep you guys right ...

Is that the same magazine that features glowing revues for the luxury Swan & Edgar watches?

Yeah, Kev has now mentioned that a few times, think he's not happy with guests and presenters misrepresenting the origins of a lot of these lower quality watches from China. As Kev says, just cause it says Swiss movement on the dial (or even Swiss Made) doesn't make them Swiss watches or manufactured to a higher standard. Most of these Swiss movement watches, use movements that are assembled in Ronda's Thailand plant.
Okay it's not really the same, but it's a bit like buying beef in the supermarket that has a Union Jack on the packaging. 'Ah' you think, 'this is British beef.' Then, on closer inspection, it's beef from outside the UK that's packaged in the UK ;)

They are still trying to flog the cheap uncomfortable looking tubular furniture this morning, Peter V reckons "this is the sort of seating that you will see on a deck of a yacht in Monte Carlo" :ROFLMAO: I nearly peed myself with laughter.

Hayley also said she saw a two seat rattan set with a small table in a garden center for over £1000 :unsure:

They are still trying to flog the cheap uncomfortable looking tubular furniture this morning, Peter V reckons "this is the sort of seating that you will see on a deck of a yacht in Monte Carlo" :ROFLMAO: I nearly peed myself with laughter.

Hayley also said she saw a two seat rattan set with a small table in a garden center for over £1000 :unsure:
Yeah, no matter how you look at it, whether it's currently fashionable or not, at the end of the day it's literally some rectangular sections of steel welded together with some cushions thrown on top. I bet it's REALLY comfortable resting your arm or your side/back on the sections that aren't cushioned.

I heard the guff about 'you see this sort of furniture on multi-million pound yachts' ... SO WHAT?!? Even if true, doesn't make it any more comfortable. Just another sales technique, link the product to aspirational living to entice folk to buy.

I noticed in the last couple of watch shows, someone's been mischievously filling their baskets with all the various models 🤔 naughty, but funny 🤣 Listening to monster Mike and PS admonishing the perpetrator was hilarious 😁
How do they know it's maybe genuine? After all, they CONSTANTLY bleat on about the MASSIVE savings when buying watches from them. So maybe it's a trader buying them all at £399 to sell for the RRP of £1,299. You know, the price IW tell us these watches would sell at all day long.

Be careful what you preach ...

Very much enjoying the Hoover extravaganza of phantasmagorical sheer magnificence on IW (the only company I’ve encountered with a website with a “Decline and Leave non-option if you don’t like cookies). Mason is making great use of the ‘Hoover the floor’ general meaning for using a vacuum cleaner in general parlance. Strangely, or not strangely, he never mentions this when flogging other brands. Peter Vol..Vohl...Vole...the Irish, Dutch bloke and newly returned IW technology guru (where did that Grant go?) is singing the praises of this ‘digital, brushless’ machine. “It will never wear out,”he tells us. He then goes on to show us how the brushes work so well on the stairs. Marvellous!

Oh no..It’s over. Remember to wash your masks, wear your hands...be good to each other Mr and Mrs...

Meltdown Mike is flogging collagen along with Collagen Man - Mike is claiming he takes it everyday , natch !!!!
Mike is claiming it stimulates hair growth. Surely this is in breach of ASA regulations ????
There is also the irony , as Meltdown Mike is bald and Collagen Man has the world's worst hair transplant.
You couldn't make it up.

Speaking of being in breach of ASA, Bordell is smashing their guidelines tonight, he is in all out con artist mode tonight. Seemingly according to Bordell the present day Earnshaw brand is connected with the original Earnshaw watchmakers, with all their history and heritage.

Oh and according to Peter, the free watch roll is a free gift courtesy of the Earnshaw Family. :eek::rolleyes:

Must have been the Chinese branch of the Earnshaw family? ;):ROFLMAO:

Was having a bit of a snoop and came across some unfavourable remarks about Dirty P. This from a member of the live collector Vostok shows and, according to DP, one of their friends and big Vostok buyer. Kevin supposedly emailed to and fro a lot so DP surely would have been discussed.

Garden bargains this evening dirty lying pervy Pete said there were over 700 5* reviews for the compost??
when I looked there were only 207 reviews :unsure: the lying bas*##d.

Also Pete S keeps saying he's been a shopping tv presenter for almost 30 years...Now that is a big lie.
I'm sure his 1st selly telly gig was at bid which started 2000.

Yes, I was thinking the very same thing about his many years in shopping television - 30 plus of them. I don't recall there being any UK shopping TV channels before QVC's launch in the later '90s, other than something very short lived they show clips of Rob Brydon appearing on several years earlier. I thought Simon first appeared shopping TV wise on Bid in the early 2000s. So where he gets 30 years from, I cannot work out.

Mason also seems to have known and worked with IW guests for quite a few years longer than I can place him on shopping television for?

Latest posts

Back