Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I was thinking the very same thing about his many years in shopping television - 30 plus of them. I don't recall there being any UK shopping TV channels before QVC's launch in the later '90s, other than something very short lived they show clips of Rob Brydon appearing on several years earlier. I thought Simon first appeared shopping TV wise on Bid in the early 2000s. So where he gets 30 years from, I cannot work out.

Mason also seems to have known and worked with IW guests for quite a few years longer than I can place him on shopping television for?
It's probably much closer to 20 years give or take a few years either way, however Peter will be referring to the RRP years, and as we know RRPs are always much higher ;)

It's probably much closer to 20 years give or take a few years either way, however Peter will be referring to the RRP years, and as we know RRPs are always much higher ;)
When he's presenting with Kevin Reynolds he sometimes says they have been working together for 'nigh on forty years'.
He's round the bend.

When he's presenting with Kevin Reynolds he sometimes says they have been working together for 'nigh on forty years'.
He's round the bend.
Unless Reynolds was his straight man on Double Dare - Double the RRP and Dare to Quote the Full Price as the 1st Instalment

Foghorn Varney - "so that's why you heard that there is no PTFOE in there, there's none of these chemicals in there that we may have had in the past."

You're dead right there Varney, no PTFOE in those pans, there again, there's no PTFOE in any pan ya idiot. If you going to sell a pan and get technical, at least make sure you know what you're talking about and more importantly what it's called. ;):ROFLMAO:

Foghorn Varney - "so that's why you heard that there is no PTFOE in there, there's none of these chemicals in there that we may have had in the past."

You're dead right there Varney, no PTFOE in those pans, there again, there's no PTFOE in any pan ya idiot. If you going to sell a pan and get technical, at least make sure you know what you're talking about and more importantly what it's called. ;):ROFLMAO:
He's slowly turning into Peter Simon it seems...

Anyway he was fronting tonight's Nordgreen watch show of which I only saw for a few seconds because of him, though the watches looked like Skagen ripoffs probably made in China for all I know about them.

Yeah he's on at 10 ish, although for the life of me, i don't know why they would have such a qualified technology & household appliance expert reduced to flogging the Snore Wizard. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Back off Hammy, BACK OFF! In his earlier years before he found fame as a 'multi-expert' on selly telly, Peter spent 5 years studying both the history and science of snoring at the 'Stop Effing Snoring Institute' based in Arbroath. So he's well placed to flog a piece of moulded plastic that is apparently a wonder cure for snoring. A piece of plastic that probably costs about 20p to make.

Shona on my pillow - "then when you find out you love my pillow, you've got a 10 year guarantee, WHAT!!!!
I can't think of anything else
, you know, that something that has, you know maybe with a new house you might get."

Shonas at it again with the over acting, everything is brilliant, incredible, super super, even a bog standard Iron board is incredible/brilliant. :ROFLMAO: And then faux excited surprise at the guarantee length and can't think of anything else apart from house that would be guaranteed that long. Really Shona? Have you forgotten some of the brands you're an ambassador/expert for ie Emma Mattress etc.

She really is nauseating to watch, when she starts acting as the over excited and surprised presenter.

Sally’s been advising to buy for Christmas. I turned straight over 🙄

I would imagine the Sally Jacks cult (sorry meant her social media family) for the brain dead probably need lots of reminding of how to live their lives, they obviously have a severe shortage of grey matter between their lugs, so constantly reminding them on what to eat, what to wear, what to slap on your face and what events to buy for is essential for them.;)

Simon Lies was doing a blue magic or Shitazzle show a few weeks ago and brought up Pervy to the presenter. He was saying that he himself had been doing demonstrating and shopping telly for about 21 years which was longer than Peter as he'd only been doing it for 20 so that takes him back to starting on Bid or Price Drop. All this shite about doing it for 30 or 40 years is just that. He was the UK's first Ronald McDonald 40 years ago so unless Kevin was playing Hamburglar or Grimace then he's talking out of his arse!

New product launch tonight. Mason with an electric seated elliptical trainer. Basically you sit there, put your feet on it and it pedals itself. So yet another "fitness" product with negligible benefits that you should do your own research on (ie it does **** all!). Yet again they'd rather flog snake oil over regular home gym equipment that actually gets you fitter. Needless to say the phones and internet are already in meltdown!

Simon Lies was doing a blue magic or Shitazzle show a few weeks ago and brought up Pervy to the presenter. He was saying that he himself had been doing demonstrating and shopping telly for about 21 years which was longer than Peter as he'd only been doing it for 20 so that takes him back to starting on Bid or Price Drop. All this shite about doing it for 30 or 40 years is just that. He was the UK's first Ronald McDonald 40 years ago so unless Kevin was playing Hamburglar or Grimace then he's talking out of his arse!

It's nothing but fabricated stories with Peter and the rest of the presenters and pretendy experts, some of them are just out and out pathological liars, delusional idiots, they've told some many lies that they've forgotten what the truth is anymore, it's long gone from their memory banks. ;)

New product launch tonight. Mason with an electric seated elliptical trainer. Basically you sit there, put your feet on it and it pedals itself. So yet another "fitness" product with negligible benefits that you should do your own research on (ie it does **** all!). Yet again they'd rather flog snake oil over regular home gym equipment that actually gets you fitter. Needless to say the phones and internet are already in meltdown!

It's hilarious how EVERY product IW sells is the best, brilliant, super, incredible, nothing is simply good or ok, and every product causes a meltdown or the internet to break down. :ROFLMAO:

I well remember Peter Simon’s debut on the bid up set up. He was ’tutored’ live on air by Andy Hodgson. PS was a total bag of nerves and so much so I actually felt empathy for him ! This was not even at the inception of bidtv etc. Certainly it was not thirty years ago as he claims. I am watch daft, and if he did appear on telly selling/promoting watches thirty years ago , it must have been on a tv channel that dodged my satellite dish. I have been around for a good few years longer than Peter Simon , and I’m even older than Kevin Reynolds , the ‘father of time’ as he is called. Two faculties I have managed to retain are the ability to count correctly and the discernment between truth and fabrication 😊

Latest posts

Back