Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Although I had been watching QVC from its UK launch, plus a few of the other channels, I first became aware of Bid and Price Drop around 2003 when a lady who worked for me recommended it (also my ex's aunty bought a lot of jewellery from there). The first face I saw was Peter Simon and I was actually happy to see him as I thought he was hilarious on Double Dare and had often wondered why he hadn't had continued success like other children's telly presenters. Needless to say after watching a couple more weeks of his 70's style Larry Grayson ripoff act and my questions were answered. I more or less switched Bid off after that

We have Bev, The Queen of Clean and expert talking about Polti & the Vaporella Simply VS20.20 Steam Generator - "1978 Franco Polti designed the boiler the sits inside these units now, because obviously he was going round the big dry cleaners and they've got huge big Ironing systems, so consequently he wanted to bring one small enough for us to use in the domestic market, that's what he did. Blah blah blah."

Very interesting story Bev, just a shame it's not relevant to the Steam generator you're flogging, because contrary to what you are saying, the VS20.20 doesn't have the aforementioned boiler in it. :rolleyes:
VS20.20 is a bog standard Steam Generator Iron with a big water tank, NO boiler.

We have Bev, The Queen of Clean and expert talking about Polti & the Vaporella Simply VS20.20 Steam Generator - "1978 Franco Polti designed the boiler the sits inside these units now, because obviously he was going round the big dry cleaners and they've got huge big Ironing systems, so consequently he wanted to bring one small enough for us to use in the domestic market, that's what he did. Blah blah blah."

Very interesting story Bev, just a shame it's not relevant to the Steam generator you're flogging, because contrary to what you are saying, the VS20.20 doesn't have the aforementioned boiler in it. :rolleyes:
VS20.20 is a bog standard Steam Generator Iron with a big water tank, NO boiler.
Well she has been flogging this iron for months and months so must have thought it was time for a new fairystory to tell

Wow :), I thought a new product was on tonight the COLOP e-mark, then i realised it was a create and craft product at the special offer price of £290 with 10% already deducted.

Same price through Stamps direct and probably a much better service.

Also Pete S keeps saying he's been a shopping tv presenter for almost 30 years...Now that is a big lie.
I'm sure his 1st selly telly gig was at bid which started 2000.
Not only PS has been saying he has been on selly telly for nearly 30 years, Moike Mason has mentioned the same in the past couple of days.

I thought he was an electrician in a former life o_O

New day, same old lies, they just can't stop. :rolleyes:

Hayley on the compost - "It's the nursery's compost, it what they use, they bag it up into plain bags, because thats, you know we are not selling this in store, it's a TV exclusive."

The same plain bag compost from the same nursery operated by You Gardens, can be bought direct from You Gardens own web site or through You Garden's Amazon store or through IW's pretendy nursery/supplier web site Garden Bargains, yeah Hayley very exclusive to TV.

They trip themselves up. Yesterday I caught a few mins of Mike M flogging a Hoover vacuum cleaner. Was rabbiting on about his mum having a Hoover that lasted for years and when it eventually died she went out and bought another Hoover, obviously, because they're so good.

Fine, a nice little story whether true or not.

However, he then went on to mention when folk buy 'other vacuums' that have flashy features etc, they usually end up back with a Hoover because, you know, no one does it like Hoover.

Again you could assert fine, another nice little story, and one that would hold water from a sales perspective if IW only sold the Hoover brand of vacuum. But they don't. They sell a few other brands. So emmm, they're not as good, is that what you're telling us Mike?

Me confused ;)

They trip themselves up. Yesterday I caught a few mins of Mike M flogging a Hoover vacuum cleaner. Was rabbiting on about his mum having a Hoover that lasted for years and when it eventually died she went out and bought another Hoover, obviously, because they're so good.

Fine, a nice little story whether true or not.

However, he then went on to mention when folk buy 'other vacuums' that have flashy features etc, they usually end up back with a Hoover because, you know, no one does it like Hoover.

Again you could assert fine, another nice little story, and one that would hold water from a sales perspective if IW only sold the Hoover brand of vacuum. But they don't. They sell a few other brands. So emmm, they're not as good, is that what you're telling us Mike?

Me confused ;)

That's what happens when they exaggerate the quality of a product and claim it's the best on the market, in this case your post is about a cordless vacuum cleaner (but the same pattern happens with EVERY, and trust me, it's with EVERY product they sell), fine if it's the only cordless vacuum they sell, but when, as you said, they sell quite a few cordless vacuums from various brands, and make the same claims with each one, then it just makes them look like a bunch of liars & a con artists.

Shona on my pillow - "then when you find out you love my pillow, you've got a 10 year guarantee, WHAT!!!!
I can't think of anything else
, you know, that something that has, you know maybe with a new house you might get."

Shonas at it again with the over acting, everything is brilliant, incredible, super super, even a bog standard Iron board is incredible/brilliant. :ROFLMAO: And then faux excited surprise at the guarantee length and can't think of anything else apart from house that would be guaranteed that long. Really Shona? Have you forgotten some of the brands you're an ambassador/expert for ie Emma Mattress etc.

She really is nauseating to watch, when she starts acting as the over excited and surprised presenter.

Shona doing the Emma mattress just now - "Yes the 10 year guarantee is incredible, when you think about, I was trying to work out what else you could potentially get that's got a 10 year guarantee and the only thing I could come up with was a new build house."

Really Shona, have you forgotten the My Pillow show already, it's only been 72 hours since you came out with the EXACT same crap. ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I really wonder what friends and Family of IW presenters say to them in private about their constant lying, behaviour etc, or maybe they all have a laugh together at how easy it is to lie and con so many stupid IW viewers. :unsure:

Once again they are trying to flog the cheap uncomfortable looking tubular garden furniture that they say you cannot buy anywhere else, try looking harder Ideal world.
something similar here.

I appreciate that business is all about making money, and the bigger the gross profit the better. So, companies that make tubular steel furniture must be laughing all the way to the bank. Their cost price for making this stuff must be quite low given what the end product is i.e. welded sections of steel (albeit treated with a paint of some description) a few padded cushions and a bit of glass. Granted the wholesale price won't be near £500-600, however this product has 'massive markup' all over it. Good business model, don't get me wrong. However whether it's fashionable or not, surely it can't be overly comfortable to sit on, especially if your back/side/arms rest on the tubular steel. It's a 'no' from me but would be boring if we all liked to same stuff.

I appreciate that business is all about making money, and the bigger the gross profit the better. So, companies that make tubular steel furniture must be laughing all the way to the bank. Their cost price for making this stuff must be quite low given what the end product is i.e. welded sections of steel (albeit treated with a paint of some description) a few padded cushions and a bit of glass. Granted the wholesale price won't be near £500-600, however this product has 'massive markup' all over it. Good business model, don't get me wrong. However whether it's fashionable or not, surely it can't be overly comfortable to sit on, especially if your back/side/arms rest on the tubular steel. It's a 'no' from me but would be boring if we all liked to same stuff.

Totally agree.
I would like to be sitting on something with a bit of a backrest and more sturdy and to not rely on a cushion gor support.

Jane Plan again last night. And yep, as usual, plates jammed packed with fruit & veg that obviously has to be bought separately. It all looks very tasty because of this additional food dressing. You do see the Jane Plan product on the plate, if you look really really closely there's a small dollop of something in the middle of each plate.

Appetising? Emmm ....

To be fair it has a good number of positive reviews online. There again it also has a fair few negative ones as well.

See Reynolds has started the watch show with his rubbish about the origins of Vostok Europe.

Also see he's changed his tune as to what is meant by "limited edition" for the Expedition N1, originally a few years ago he said there would only ever be 3,000 cases made for the Expedition N1 range across the 8 original colour ways/configurations (same for all the different madels like Almaz, Energia etc) but now he's saying it's 3,000 of each of the colourways/configurations, ie 3,000 of the original colours, 3,000 of the new colours and so on, so in other words when folks bought an Expedition N1 thinking they would have 1 of 3,000, in reality it's going to be 1 of god knows how many.

Latest posts

Back