Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Shop HQ's web site, have to give them some thumbs up for at least a wee bit of honesty. Against the watches under description they have Movement & Watch Country of Origin.

So for the likes of Tissot - Movement Country of Origin - Switzerland
- Watch Country of origin - Switzerland

Against Thomas Earnshaw watches - Movement Country of Origin - China.
- Watch Country of origin - China

CCCP - Movement Country of Origin - China.
- Watch Country of origin - China

But aren't Nubeo and Ballast solar time trademarks though??.

Yes, both are owned and made by Solar Time in Hong Kong, and are distributed through their subsidiary, The Dartmouth brands (located in london and as i say, they, The Dartmouth Brands, are responsible for distribution of the all the Solar Time brands and run the web sites etc).

Last edited:
"We love our monarchy" says Mike.

"Speak for yourself" says me.

What a load of tat these coins are. Should be on the back of Sunday paper magazines.

That Nubeo Mars watch is a big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stard of a watch (with sincere apologies to any big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stards reading this), though I'm sure that any big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stards reading this will be worth more than the £50 watch the Nubeo Mars obviously looks despite the quite frankly astonishing RRP they've plucked out of mid-air for the big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stard watch they're selling (y)

And I'm sure 'tur-bill-on' isn't how you pronounce 'tourbillon' either, Peter Simon :poop:(y)

He’s doing fashion now, which he’s been asking for ages to do, apparently….why?

He keeps randomly saying ‘now forgive me…’ I can’t

He’s just said Genevieve is home now and wishes her well….?

For those missing Rob Locke he is currently on Create and Craft just sitting there
Good grief - what did all the nice cutting and sticking ladies do to deserve that?

I did notice that he'd lost enough weight to be able to stand for at least some of a three-quarter hour. When he was at his fattest, he was always seated, and usually making uncomforable references to his weight.

That Nubeo Mars watch is a big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stard of a watch (with sincere apologies to any big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stards reading this), though I'm sure that any big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stards reading this will be worth more than the £50 watch the Nubeo Mars obviously looks despite the quite frankly astonishing RRP they've plucked out of mid-air for the big heavy-looking chunky fat b'stard watch they're selling (y)

Talking of Rob Locke...

And I'm sure 'tur-bill-on' isn't how you pronounce 'tourbillon' either, Peter Simon :poop:(y)
Yes but remember, weight = quality ;)

I am never sure how the status of the Craft IW is compared to that of the main channel? Do the shopping channel presenters see themselves as the elite of the two? I know I have seen that man from On The Buses who must be nearly 110 now, looking like he’d lost a fiver and found a halfpenny when he was having to cover on it. Has Mason ever done it? “Now, Mike,(always beware of people talking about themselves in the third person) far from wanting me to spread mass panic, Michael, mass panic I am not allowed to spread. But if you don’t buy those coloured buttons, that sewing machine and that paper folding kit immediately, you are going to deeply regret it, and generally your life is ruined forever.”

I did have a look at Locke last night - well as much of him that you can fit on a home cinema screen borrowed from The Empire Leicester Square. He certainly appeared somewhat deflated with the man creating shapes of Conservative MPs out of bubble wrap. Maybe he should do more of this kind of work on that channel, to deflate himself even more often.

Its a strange one, because most of the Create and Craft Presenters, have worked for Ideal Shopping Direct for years most worked on IW before they bought in the Bid up lot.

Dean Wilson, Has been a presenter for Create and Craft for over 10 years, and thats the guys second time working for them, Presenter of the year for like 9 years, Martyn Parker has presented on the channel since day one, worked on IW before, Dave Bradford, Been at C&C since day one on and off, Nigel May has been around forever, worked on IW also for many years. Loen Love, has worked for Ideal Shopping before the fire, started as a Model. Become a presenter after the fire, Andy her husband, was a IW presenter up to a couple of years ago.
Dan Bancroft was a producer before becoming a presenter.

Its strange as you could say Create and Craft, have more longer established presenters.

Changing topic. If any of you bought any Westminster Collection stuff, tell Westminster Collection to not send you any letters you will end up getting like 4 a week

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That bleeding treadmill is back but again the model they run out of last week with the ski poles.
I'm sure they get the stock in just to keep Jenny in a job with her story. :cry:

A very strange Vostok Europe show at 1800, creepy doing the showing and modelling of the watches, Hayley doing nowt as she probable can't with those horrendous nails (reminded me of a platypus bill) and Kevin doing the explaining/selling, a little bit of overkill. :ROFLMAO:

How many presenters does it take to sell an overpriced watch on Ideal world.........

Hayley asked Igor or eyegore as she pronounced what makes Vostok special and he went quiet, then he never had a straight answer, he should go in politics.

It's so strange, Kevin pronouncing his name as Egor and Hayley saying Igor the whole show, surely she must realise she's saying it wrong, they've both said it about a hundred times and been different every time, yeah it's spelt with an I but it's pronounced E gor, bit like when Mason, who claims to know about space, rockets et al, kept pronouncing Wernher Von Braun last name wrong. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back