Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unless Simon Peters and his ticking oppo were the watch presenters on Satellite Shop in 1989, 32 years doesn’t make any sense, other than them serving them for crimes against time discrepancies. He just seems to say the first thing that comes into his Kiwi browned head. Questionable fact or outright fiction doesn’t seem to bother him in the slightest.

Unless Simon Peters and his ticking oppo were the watch presenters on Satellite Shop in 1989, 32 years doesn’t make any sense, other than them serving them for crimes against time discrepancies. He just seems to say the first thing that comes into his Kiwi browned head. Questionable fact or outright fiction doesn’t seem to bother him in the slightest.
From the hills and dales of the mountainous Netherlands to the flat expanses of the Rockies in North America ...

Doesn't anyone remember PS selling these watches on live and kicking in the 90's then!, as one evening on Ideal with Kevinski he reckoned they met whilst in Geneva doing the kids tv show one Sat morning and he had a interest in watches then. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That sounds like a plot to a new version of Total Recall starring Kev and Peter.;)

Had to laugh at Paul B selling the treadmill last night.

We're not selling you this!
WE'RE NOT SELLING YOU THIS!!

Then went on to say about getting it home to 'try it' blah blah blah.

No matter how you look at it, selly telly presenters are doing exactly that, selling stuff. No? They're presenting. They're giving product and price info. They're encouraging viewers to buy the products. In my book, just cause it's on telly, it's still selling.
He was correct this time because he didn't sell it to me!

Does Ronald McDonald wear a watch?

image.jpg

I guarantee that watch is worth significantly more than any 'timepiece' that Gollum and Kevinski have attempted to shill on IW in the recent past. Given they were ?a giveaway, designed for children, and never intended to be kept, I suspect there aren't a huge number of them knocking around in mint condition. I'm possibly entirely wrong with this, but it's my guess.

I guarantee that watch is worth significantly more than any 'timepiece' that Gollum and Kevinski have attempted to shill on IW in the recent past. Given they were ?a giveaway, designed for children, and never intended to be kept, I suspect there aren't a huge number of them knocking around in mint condition. I'm possibly entirely wrong with this, but it's my guess.
Also guessing that "Made in Switzerland" was genuinely a more valuable proposition in 1976 than it is nowadays, and wouldn't shock me if that watch was capable of better timekeeping than Ideal World's modern "Swiss Legend" (haha) junk either (y)

Also guessing that "Made in Switzerland" was genuinely a more valuable proposition in 1976 than it is nowadays, and wouldn't shock me if that watch was capable of better timekeeping than Ideal World's modern "Swiss Legend" (haha) junk either (y)
Yes, exactly - I think 'Made in Switzerland' doesn't mean 'transited through Switzerland and had a screw changed en route' in that particular vintage.

I remember when the town in which I was living then got its first McDonalds - and it would have been in the late 70s. It made the Wimpey, the established option, look like something out of the mid-1950s. Genuinely quite exciting.

They (the presenters) have obviously been sent another email from management on how to sell ... oops sorry I mean how not to sell.

Rob LockE was selling, oops sorry I mean not selling, last night and he said the following, although to me looked a bit uneasy spouting this guff ...

We don't want you to buy it, we want you to try it! Get this home for £25 and, if you like it, buy it then by paying the remaining flexis.

The same line a few of them now trot out. Ok, I guess on one hand you could assert we've been doing this for years e.g. buying a product then returning it for a refund if it doesn't meet our expectations. Heck I know someone that years back ordered a tape to tape VHS recorder, used it to copy a few tapes then sent it back for a full refund. However to me that's slightly different than a retailer actively promoting the mantra of 'don't buy it, try it!'

Yes, exactly - I think 'Made in Switzerland' doesn't mean 'transited through Switzerland and had a screw changed en route' in that particular vintage.

I remember when the town in which I was living then got its first McDonalds - and it would have been in the late 70s. It made the Wimpey, the established option, look like something out of the mid-1950s. Genuinely quite exciting.
To this crowd, Swiss automatically equates to quality, the same as heavy does.

They (the presenters) have obviously been sent another email from management on how to sell ... oops sorry I mean how not to sell.

Rob LockE was selling, oops sorry I mean not selling, last night and he said the following, although to me looked a bit uneasy spouting this guff ...

We don't want you to buy it, we want you to try it! Get this home for £25 and, if you like it, buy it then by paying the remaining flexis.

The same line a few of them now trot out. Ok, I guess on one hand you could assert we've been doing this for years e.g. buying a product then returning it for a refund if it doesn't meet our expectations. Heck I know someone that years back ordered a tape to tape VHS recorder, used it to copy a few tapes then sent it back for a full refund. However to me that's slightly different than a retailer actively promoting the mantra of 'don't buy it, try it!'

Mason's one of the worst for saying that. It's a bit of a con as they know not all will return as they can't be bothered or forget and it gets passed the timeframe they are allowed.
And despite how they word it you have to buy it to try it and as their T & Cs state any possible money back will depend on condition item is in when returned.

Latest posts

Back