Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think most of these watches would fit perfectly on Jody's YouTube channel, "Just One more watch" showcasing Ali express' finest 🤣

Jody does like his Ali watches, although he does point out bad stuff when he sees it, but even he would hard pressed to find positives with this lot.:ROFLMAO:
Don' think these would even qualify as Ali Express's finest. ;) Ali's finest would blow this lot out of the water, these would be on a par with entry level Ali watches. :ROFLMAO:

She's mention she's a trained lawyer. She qualified as a Barrister laugh is Barristers have 10 core duty's to adhere to or they could be disciplined, core 3 - You must act with honesty and integrity.

Obviously when you're not doing your Barrister job and acting as a pretendy expert on a TV shopping channel core 3 can be ignored completely.;)

She was always doing her, there's a "Swiss brand out there doing something similar and this morphic.............."

Inferring that the morphic was on a par with the Swiss watch brand.:rolleyes:

so that's two so far on the same show.

Jess in a VT - "It's not a fan, it's an air circulator"

Locke with an e doing the show live - "It's not a fan, it's an air mover"

Boneco - "Air Shower Fan"

Oh and the dictionary Fan - an apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation.

So two actors say it's not a fan but the manufacturer calls it a fan and it matches the dictionary definition of a fan, so who do we believe, two actors or Manufacturer/Dictionary? ;):ROFLMAO:

His continued use of this stupid story only goes to prove that Mason and IW believe their audience is full of brain dead morons that will believe any crap they spout.

I've been looking for this quote for a while and only just found it. My apologies to any of you who have seen this before. It’s from Jeff Freedman, president of Resultco, who as you know are behind many of the watches sold by IW over the last year or so. He actually says that Resultco (so Heritor etc) inflate their RRP in the expectation that the seller (IW) will reduce it, so making it look like a bargain. It’s their sales strategy, no more or less, and they are well aware the watches are not saleable at the RRP. Here’s the quote, from Watch Pro magazine’s interview with him…

“Freedman: …We want our dealer base to make a profit. We accept the consumer’s psychology of never buying a product at retail regardless of brand. Today’s consumer needs to satisfy their mental state to want a discount when making a purchase. To aid the retailer we enhance the retail price with an expectation that the dealer will discount at purchase.“

Its legal, but to me it sure isn’t ethical.

Sticking second hand

Don't worry, these are pre sale models, these aren't what you're getting

Ha Ha HAaaa
When I was young and foolish, I once asked all my relatives for money for my birthday. I then went on eBay (before Ali Express existed, or at least before I knew of it) and spent about £100 on 4 watches. All automatic, all Chinese mechanisms, all very similar in origin and construction to the typical IW offer.
I thought I was the bees-knees.
Well, of course, I’ve bought takeaway dinners that lasted longer than they did!
The longest-lived of the four lasted just less than 18 months (a retrograde Seagull mechanism). Some didn’t make it beyond the month of purchase (a regulator mechanism that looked very much like a Breguet).
But, you know what, had IW been selling their 2021 equivalents as ‘these are cheap and cheerful, and some look pretty good. They won’t last you forever, but they are fun’, and had they been selling them at a price similar to Ali, then I’d not be upset.
It’s all the ‘can‘t believe the price- must be a mistake’ and the ‘get these insured’ that really annoys me. I always picture someone with very little money buying one, perhaps to hand down to a child to remember them by. Maybe it’s because I also came from nothing and I can imagine the people I loved doing that for me.
And yet everyone involved knows full well that those watches, just like mine, will all be landfill long before they reach the 2030’s.

so that's two so far on the same show.
Jess in a VT - "It's not a fan, it's an air circulator"
Locke with an e doing the show live - "It's not a fan, it's an air mover"
Boneco - "Air Shower Fan"
Oh and the dictionary Fan - an apparatus with rotating blades that creates a current of air for cooling or ventilation.
So two actors say it's not a fan but the manufacturer calls it a fan and it matches the dictionary definition of a fan, so who do we believe, two actors or Manufacturer/Dictionary? ;):ROFLMAO:
Sorry Hammy but I believe the actors and demonstrators. Take the guy that does the Bamix show ... he's the ONLY person on the planet that knows it should actually be pronounced BAYmix.

These people know what they're talking about!

Right, I'm away to turn on my water thermodynamic reactor ... the kettle.

;)

I know we're all saying it time and time again, but come on, spouting the guff about not being able to secure one of the barrel watches is, joking aside, pushing it as a story even for selly telly. Does he really think viewers are daft enough to think he couldn't have secured one of these if he wanted to?

There again ...

I know we're all saying it time and time again, but come on, spouting the guff about not being able to secure one of the barrel watches is, joking aside, pushing it as a story even for selly telly. Does he really think viewers are daft enough to think he couldn't have secured one of these if he wanted to?

There again ...
I honestly think that their entire sales spiel is based around a belief that none of their customers ever uses the web to search for similar products or to check prices, quality, reviews etc. It has to be so, or they surely couldn’t, with a straight face, claim the value and quality that they do.
Mind you, with the laptops, phones and tablets they sell, maybe their ‘typical’ customer really can’t access the web…..

Hey, petey loved his wileyfox phone, until it shut down completely, never to power up again. So, I said, "petey, my good friend, do you want an iphone?" his face lit up like james dyson being told he pays no UK tax. So, secretly, I phoned up ideal world, £25 per call, and ordered him a brand new, refurbished iphone 7. Handed the box to him with his brand new refurbished iphone 7, and his face, sank like a uboat. I said to him "what's wrong my friend?" his reply, "oh nothing, just I really wanted an iphone, so thanks" "but everyone has aspirations of owning the iphone 7, and besides, it replaces so many things when you go on holiday, like a 47" telly, 10 books, 10 magazines, alarm clock, radio.." He really does take a 47" telly on the plane.

There again ...

Yeah, I think he does.

In reality, unfortunately, it would seem that many viewers are daft enough to fall for this con artist and his ridiculous stories/patter.

Sheesh, if you're going to have barrel movements, make sure they line up at least 🥺
Yes, so obvious they were out of alignment did my head in 😬🤨 You'd think they'd check these things, like all showing the correct time and date along with any rotating bezels zeroed at 12 😎 Not forgetting actually working lol, before they go to air.

Yes, so obvious they were out of alignment did my head in 😬🤨 You'd think they'd check these things, like all showing the correct time and date along with any rotating bezels zeroed at 12 😎 Not forgetting actually working lol, before they go to air.
I can only think of two ways for this to keep happening (and we have all seen the watches skipping seconds, shedding their hands and sticking at various times)…
1) Ideal world have a small stock of demo watches that they don’t really take great care of. The watches are, in various ways, sub-standard, but IW think their customers will just buy them anyway. OR
2) The watches IW sell have a habit of breaking, in various ways and at various times. But despite this, they are all heirlooms, and must be insured as a valuable, dontcha know!
Whichever of the two it is, I think neither reflects well on IW.

Imagine if it was not a watch but a car. PS would be bellowing ‘just buy it’ as the car did a passable impression of a clown car - wheels falling off, steering wheel not connected to anything, etc. etc.
MM would then explain that this car was not at all like the one YOU would receive.
Oh no. Honest… Yours will have all its wheels properly attached - just like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari or a Maserati (even though it is actually a Morris Marina clone made in China).

Latest posts

Back