Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s funny how IW give you different stories, to suit the product on screen, on different days, just today:-

We had Peter V contradicting Alan Ennis, Alan is always telling us how great the Boneco air shower fan is, as it moves air around faster and moving air is cold air, yet Peter while selling the Beldray Air cooler, says these other fans don’t really cool the air as they are only circulate warm air, only a dedicated air cooler cools the air, who do we believe?
Yeah, that's what they say in places like Sub-Saharan Africa, moving air is cold air.

;)

Watching them promote the Marketplace is embarrassing. Ok so they've obviously been instructed to do so, so in that sense I'm not blaming the presenters as such. However they're doing this thing where they select a product at random and talk about it, all part of promoting this amazing Marketplace. Unfortunately, most of the products seem like typical products you would find on a market stall or bargain store in a shopping centre.

I'll say it again, in a business sense good on IW for trying to diversify, however why on earth would anyone shop on their Marketplace when the biggest version of a global online marketplace already exists? i.e. Amazon.

Bordell on form tonight – “and to have a power reserve, a Reserve de Marche as you say it in the Swiss.”

In the Swiss?:unsure:

It’s French you idiot.

It was the French (Breguet before they moved to Switzerland) that came up with a prototype watch with a power reserve (Reserve de Marche) before WW2 but the Swiss who started using it in watches after WW2. And I suppose we can thank the French for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Swiss brand that first starting using the power reserve as well, seeing as Jaeger was originally a French watchmaker and the LeCoutre family ancesters were originally from France.

It’s also amazing the amount of times ‘Swiss’ / ‘Swiss brands’ are mentioned when flogging Chinese owned and made watches. :ROFLMAO:

Bordell - "what i love about Earnshaw is that they have all this history, and of course in marine navigation and marine chronometers, but they are not frightened to do things differently, and this is the first time that Earnshaw did a watch that was a sports watch, a stainless steel sports watch."

Think you're a bit confused there Jonathan lad, Solar Time's Earnshaw brand have no history in marine navigation and marine chronometers. Thomas Earnshaw of the 1700s does, but as you well know, he and the present day Earnshaw brand are totally different entities separated by a few centuries and absolutely no connection. Copying someone's name and and falsely claiming their history and heritage as your own doesn't make you that person. ;)

Bordell on form tonight – “and to have a power reserve, a Reserve de Marche as you say it in the Swiss.”

In the Swiss?:unsure:

It’s French you idiot.

It was the French (Breguet before they moved to Switzerland) that came up with a prototype watch with a power reserve (Reserve de Marche) before WW2 but the Swiss who started using it in watches after WW2. And I suppose we can thank the French for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Swiss brand that first starting using the power reserve as well, seeing as Jaeger was originally a French watchmaker and the LeCoutre family ancesters were originally from France.

It’s also amazing the amount of times ‘Swiss’ / ‘Swiss brands’ are mentioned when flogging Chinese owned and made watches. :ROFLMAO:

Bordell - "what i love about Earnshaw is that they have all this history, and of course in marine navigation and marine chronometers, but they are not frightened to do things differently, and this is the first time that Earnshaw did a watch that was a sports watch, a stainless steel sports watch."

Think you're a bit confused there Jonathan lad, Solar Time's Earnshaw brand have no history in marine navigation and marine chronometers. Thomas Earnshaw of the 1700s does, but as you well know, he and the present day Earnshaw brand are totally different entities separated by a few centuries and absolutely no connection. Copying someone's name and and falsely claiming their history and heritage as your own doesn't make you that person. ;)
I caught a bit of this show last night. Peter S, one of the greatest orators this country if not the world has never, oops sorry I mean ever know, started talking about when he used to do panto work. Cue stupid voices, stupid faces, the usual guff. The expert/co-presenter feigning laughter.

Then, the great Peter S stopped. A second of silence. Even he had to admit 'I've got no idea where I was going with that!'

The 'comedic' interlude fitted in so well with selling what are supposed to be quality timepieces.

Did any of you catch some of a mattress show yesterday? I think it was a Dormeo, Paul B presenting and the brand 'expert' that does pillows, mattresses etc.

Paul read out an email from a viewer that said pushing fists into a mattress means nothing, we need to see a proper demo. If we assume the email was genuine, Paul thanked the viewer for their feedback and said all types of feedback is welcome, as long as people aren't rude/disrespectful. Fair enough.

So, the brand guy then proceeds to put a glass of water on one side of the mattress and then lay on the mattress and started moving around to replicate moving in the bed beside someone who's sleeping.

Ok, great demo ... if he had actually moved in a more realistic manner. He couldn't have moved any more carefully/softly and he had his eyes glued to the glass of water, no doubt fearful it might tip over.

Such was his confidence in the product :) Ha Ha HAAaaa.

Btw, I mentioned on here x weeks back that I replicated the demo Shona does of sitting down and up on the mattress beside a glass of water. I did it more energetically than she does (whacked my old ar5e up and down pretty forcefully!) on my 10 year old traditional metal sprung mattress and the glass of water hardly moved at all ;)

Whooohoo!!!! the ****** treadmill is limited stock again, and with the other model of the treadmill sold out (I bet they get stock in as soon as it sells out though) no more jenny's story for a while or Hayley mentioning the daily mail walking write ups.
Cue the squeaking mini mobility trainer as a substitute. Boring same old, same old crap :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Reynolds over stating again 😆 the ETA 802 quartz costs a fiver 🤣

I know, when he said "they don't know what's in it" i thought must be a heck of a quartz movement but when he said ETA 802 i spit out my tea over my keyboard laughing. :ROFLMAO:

The numpy collectors are lapping up this nonsense, will he mention which country's army has bought these things. Ok nothing wrong with the watch, but no need for all the exaggerated nonsense.

I know, when he said "they don't know what's in it" i thought must be a heck of a quartz movement but when he said ETA 802 i spit out my tea over my keyboard laughing. :ROFLMAO:

The numpy collectors are lapping up this nonsense, will he mention which country's army has bought these things. Ok nothing wrong with the watch, but no need for all the exaggerated nonsense.
Those that buy these watches on Kev and Peters' recommendation are not real watch collectors are they.

So Kev's just heard of the double-cone Incabloc, even though it's been used for decades.

It's like when he hears something for the first time, then it must be new and nobody else has heard of it before, like the mecaquartz etc.

The more we hear from Kev, the more i'm convinced his experience in the watch trade is nowhere near the 40 years he claims. ;):ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back