Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gen on one of the polti vacuum accessory brush things.

"do you know, this is one of those products as well, you think how did i do without that, how did i, I never did the top of my wardrobes, i never did the top of my kitchen cupboards."

So Gen wants us to believe, that until Polti came out with this little brush tool for their vacuum, none of us ever knew how to so never cleaned the top of our wardrobes/kitchen cupboards. These IW folk must live in some alternate universe with the crap they come out with. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, they have over 370,000 in the product of the year category, every one is a super, super, amazing, phenomenal bestest quality product, exclusive to IW and at market beating prices.

LMAO just as i finished typing this Gen is on in the background looking at the marketplace.

High pitched and excited.

"Oh my god I love it, they're chair socks, i love that description they're leg protectors, knitted furniture these."

Leg warmers for chairs. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes, VERY high pitched and loud normally, sorry, can stand about 10 secs watching her then need to switch over.

Mobility trainer thingy at the moment.

Sally desperately trying to persuade folk to check out, only cost £12.50 on four flexis.

Everybody spends £30 on the Friday takeaway, so ditch that and you can have this. and if you don't like it you only lose p &p, and whats a fiver.

Fivers a lot for some folk you know Sally, and if a fiver is nothing to you and you don't mind losing a fiver, hey just send some my way.

And it's a bit hypocritical of Sally demanding others to give up their Friday takeaway to look after themselves/health as by the looks of Sally, despite having a treadmill, vibrapower etc, it doesn't look like she's given up on her Friday takeaways. :eek::rolleyes:
When you stop to analyse these channels, especially the likes of IW (and Bid before it) it exposes the fact they don't care about anything else than numbers and getting viewers to buy. Yes, I know that's their sole reason for existing (to flog stuff) but still. The way they talk about 'just get it home' and 'even if you don't need it ...' etc makes the point. It's all about the numbers and getting folk to check out.

Right, listen, you know me, a tell it like it is me.
This is quality, right, sheer quality.
Should be a £1000 watch all day long this.
Look, a genuinely mean this.
Buy it, right, just buy it.
Hand crafted, hand assembled.
It's sublime.
Good luck if you get it, right, a mean, come on, right.
Ok it's not a Milanesey, granted, but it's still right up there.

When you stop to analyse these channels, especially the likes of IW (and Bid before it) it exposes the fact they don't care about anything else than numbers and getting viewers to buy. Yes, I know that's their sole reason for existing (to flog stuff) but still. The way they talk about 'just get it home' and 'even if you don't need it ...' etc makes the point. It's all about the numbers and getting folk to check out.

Yeah, they (IW and shopping telly) are there to make money, but so do every other retail business, but the vast majority of those other businesses mange to do it without throwing ethics and decency in the bin.
Another one of their devious tactics they use, which for me personally ranks them as low life scum and another reason for detesting them, is the way they pretend to the be viewers friends, and everything they do or say is for the benefit of the viewer, cause they really care about our friends (viewers) out there. In reality they are just taking advantage of the vulnerable people/sections of our society, exactly same as scammers do. If they really cared they wouldn't lie, misinform and encourage folks to overspend. :mad:

Yes, VERY high pitched and loud normally, sorry, can stand about 10 secs watching her then need to switch over.

I doubt there is a more annoying person on our TV screens than Sally.

It amazes me that IW have managed to amass such an annoying, dislikable collection of presenters and guests that is humanly possible. It really says a lot of about the rest of the IW organisation if this lot have been selected to represent/be the face of the Company.

Right, listen, you know me, a tell it like it is me.
This is quality, right, sheer quality.
Should be a £1000 watch all day long this.
Look, a genuinely mean this.
Buy it, right, just buy it.
Hand crafted, hand assembled.
It's sublime.
Good luck if you get it, right, a mean, come on, right.
Ok it's not a Milanesey, granted, but it's still right up there.

You forgot to end with "congratulations if you got one"

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, they (IW and shopping telly) are there to make money, but so do every other retail business, but the vast majority of those other businesses mange to do it without throwing ethics and decency in the bin.
Another one of their devious tactics they use, which for me personally ranks them as low life scum and another reason for detesting them, is the way they pretend to the be viewers friends, and everything they do or say is for the benefit of the viewer, cause they really care about our friends (viewers) out there. In reality they are just taking advantage of the vulnerable people/sections of our society, exactly same as scammers do. If they really cared they wouldn't lie, misinform and encourage folks to overspend. :mad:
Tbh you've offended me Hammy. I'll have you know I was on 3 different types of anti-depressants. I then started watching IW and in conjunction, some of the presenters other media work e.g. Paul B's life-coaching videos. It's helped me a great deal, so I for one believe they ARE being genuinely friendly.

Okay, yes, I'm now on 5 different types of anti-depressants and I have to use one of the things linked to below (thank goodness for the Marketplace) however I'm confident this has nothing whatsoever to do with watching IW and other content they put out.

I doubt there is a more annoying person on our TV screens than Sally.

It amazes me that IW have managed to amass such an annoying, dislikable collection of presenters and guests that is humanly possible. It really says a lot of about the rest of the IW organisation if this lot have been selected to represent/be the face of the Company.
As we've said before, yes they (selly telly channels) all have their own faults, however if you compare the likes of QVC with IW, the difference is stark. The former opts for calmer, more professional presenters (in the main) whereas IW ... emmm ... doesn't ;)

Sorry I'm repeating myself, however it does make me chuckle when they're flogging watches and they go all faux-sincere, thanking the manufacturer/supplier for giving them watches to sell.

We've been trying for 4 years to get these, so can I just say thanks to Bill, Ben, Jill and Jan for working tirelessly behind the scenes to make this possible.

Of course, it's all done as a kind of reverse psychology to make viewers feel grateful.

Viewers, STOP, THINK!

NEVER are they doing you the favour. YOU are doing THEM the favour by watching and buying ;)

Sorry I'm repeating myself, however it does make me chuckle when they're flogging watches and they go all faux-sincere, thanking the manufacturer/supplier for giving them watches to sell.

We've been trying for 4 years to get these, so can I just say thanks to Bill, Ben, Jill and Jan for working tirelessly behind the scenes to make this possible.

Of course, it's all done as a kind of reverse psychology to make viewers feel grateful.

Viewers, STOP, THINK!

NEVER are they doing you the favour. YOU are doing THEM the favour by watching and buying ;)

I chuckle even harder when Peter Simon is thanking folks that either don't exist anymore or never did, or if their descendants do they have nothing to do with the brands anymore.

He thanked the Duxot family for allowing them to have Duxot appearing on IW, even though it's not the original Duxot brand just the Chinese resurrecting an old brand name, but there NEVER was a Duxot family, Duxot was an old sub brand of Doxa (Doxa mainly did Divers, Duxot mainly dress watches), who were started by a guy called Georges Ducommun, who has been dead a looooong time.

The early days of Earhshaw on IW, he thanked the Earnshaw family. :ROFLMAO:

He also thanked a certain family, can't remember their name off hand, think it was Harrison, but they had transferred this Swiss brands headquarters to America back in the 1960s, bad memory but think it was lucien Piccard, so he thank thanked the Harrison Family for allowing them to have Lucien Piccard on IW. But the Harrison family had sold off the brand many years ago and Lucien Piccard has changed hands quite a few times since, going from Swiss Made watches, to watch with Swiss movments, to now being 100% Chinese watches.

I chuckle even harder when Peter Simon is thanking folks that either don't exist anymore or never did, or if their descendants do they have nothing to do with the brands anymore.

He thanked the Duxot family for allowing them to have Duxot appearing on IW, even though it's not the original Duxot brand just the Chinese resurrecting an old brand name, but there NEVER was a Duxot family, Duxot was an old sub brand of Doxa (Doxa mainly did Divers, Duxot mainly dress watches), who were started by a guy called Georges Ducommun, who has been dead a looooong time.

The early days of Earhshaw on IW, he thanked the Earnshaw family. :ROFLMAO:

He also thanked a certain family, can't remember their name off hand, think it was Harrison, but they had transferred this Swiss brands headquarters to America back in the 1960s, bad memory but think it was lucien Piccard, so he thank thanked the Harrison Family for allowing them to have Lucien Piccard on IW. But the Harrison family had sold off the brand many years ago and Lucien Piccard has changed hands quite a few times since, going from Swiss Made watches, to watch with Swiss movments, to now being 100% Chinese watches.
I have to be honest, whenever I'm leaving a certain well known UK retailer, I always say to the assistant 'Can you please pass on my thanks to Michael Marks and Tom Spencer, I had a great shopping experience today.'

;)

Give Peter his due, he can be relied on to come out with some classic guff!

As we've said before, yes they (selly telly channels) all have their own faults, however if you compare the likes of QVC with IW, the difference is stark. The former opts for calmer, more professional presenters (in the main) whereas IW ... emmm ... doesn't ;)
How can you say qvc presenters are better than the market traders on ideal world,Del Boy,Knuckles,Queen Julia,really are no better,the list goes on.
Del Boy I even have to count my fingers are not missing,after watching the pushy pushy check out your basket mantra.

Was having a quick look at the Traser/Vostok Europe show that was on the graveyard shift from the night before, with Reynolds and Lock with an e.

Before we even got to the first watch, during Kev's intro to the brands, Kev came out with his rubbish (fabricated) story about the origins of Vostok Europe, the story that has them moving from Moscow to Lithuania 18/20 years ago, because it was the closest place to Russia inside the EU (made exports easier). Which is really strange as Kev's in the video made by R2A watches (American Distributor) from 5 years ago, during a tour of Vostok Europe factory, where Igor gives the true story of their origins, and it doesn't entail moving from Moscow to Lithuania 18/20 years ago or anything to do with being in the EU. :rolleyes:

Kev on the GTLS tubes in a Traser T100 P67 Super Sub watch – “they give off beta particles, they will self-illuminate, basically tritium is injected into glass phials, sealed, tritium bounces around, the electrons hit the sides of the tube and they give off light energy in the form of light.”

Oh how wonderful, a scientific explanation of the process from Kev, shame its wrong though.:ROFLMAO:
Electrons from Tritium hitting the sides of a glass tube won’t be self- illuminating and giving off the light that we see in a GTLS tube.

But he is partially on the right track just missing an important detail, ie would have been much better if he had mentioned that there is a chemical (a Phosphor, which one used will depend on colour of light required) lining the inside of the tubes, and it's the chemical reacting when it's exposed to the radiation given off by the decaying Tritium that gives off the light seen in GTLS tubes.

He also said, about the Traser watch, you’re getting T100 tubes, which again is wrong, it’s a T100 watch. T25 or T100 is how much Tritium (25 mCi of Tritium or 100 mCi of Tritium) is in the whole watch not the individual tubes, how much Tritium is in each tube is dependent on number and size of tubes in the watch.

Latest posts

Back