Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Own up, who emailed in telling Bordell that Duxot are also available on Amazon?🤣 Had him blustering 😂

Shaun looked very sheepish, tried to say they were way more expensive on Amazon, which of course they would be considering the marketplace seller. :ROFLMAO:

And Bordell with Shaun's help, tried to explain and hint that even though they are on Amazon they may be coming from outside of Europe, USA etc, so they are ok with their claim that IW is the only place to get Duxot in Europe.

Which sounds good, but in reality is a load of crap.

They are available here:-

and here:-

And the seller at both web sites is Mainspring Boutique, London, which of course is the retail side of The Dartmouth Brands, Office 23, 2nd Floor Lighterman House, 26-36 Wharfdale Road, London N1 9RY.

Strange that Bordell, the representative and expert guest for all the Dartmouth brands on IW, doesn't have a clue as to the different outlets they sell their watches on, or maybe he was just telling fibs again. ;)

Tonight should be interesting, Emma 'Miss Precision' Boydell brings us yet another brand from Resultco, this time it's the high end Simplify brand, given how these are probably the cheapest of the cheap Resultco brands, be interesting to see how she can sugar coat these cheap alloy, £5 movement watches into horological wonders.:unsure:
Me thinks we will need the bullshit meter for this show.;):ROFLMAO:

I didn't see this. How did it play out? Who brought Amazon up? What was the context? Please tell me more :)
We’ve had an email in said Shaun looking hesitant. It said you can buy Duxot watches elsewhere and he said you can, at the forest, I think he said, meaning Amazon. The pair of them laughed and said they are hundreds more there than what IW sell at.

Must be something in it for them cos they would never read an email out to hurt themselves.

Aren’t they on eBay as well?

It was said when the adverts were on too cos that’s when I caught it

We’ve had an email in said Shaun looking hesitant. It said you can buy Duxot watches elsewhere and he said you can, at the forest, I think he said, meaning Amazon. The pair of them laughed and said they are hundreds more there than what IW sell at.

Must be something in it for them cos they would never read an email out to hurt themselves.

Aren’t they on eBay as well?

It was said when the adverts were on too cos that’s when I caught it

Mainspring have a store front on ebay as well, their pricing there is a mixed bag, odd ones cheap and some close to RRP.
There are also quite a few Duxot private sellers from America on ebay, they'll be watchgang members trying to flog the watches for a profit. The Dartmouth brands supply watchgang with a lot of watches.
Watchgang is a bit like IW, in that, they send you a watch and claim it's worth 5 or 6 times your what you've paid (subscription cost), of course it's full of watches with ridiculous RRPs. And of course some folks think they will make a profit on ebay.

They’ve got the biker chic model on wearing a one size fits all Sugar Crisp dress. It looks like a tent on her but she doesn’t know which colour to go for 🙄

I would hazard a guess, if you look in the mirror, none

Maybe she's going to make curtains out of them. ;)

It's funny how every bit of clothing on IW, according to the presenters (even the men) and models, is incredible, super, gorgeous, beautiful, has a top designer look, would find in any top boutique, should be many times the price, when in reality look like something you'd get in Primark or ASDA, oh and they've all bought them for themselves and every member of their family. :D

Maybe she's going to make curtains out of them. ;)

It's funny how every bit of clothing on IW, according to the presenters (even the men) and models, is incredible, super, gorgeous, beautiful, has a top designer look, would find in any top boutique, should be many times the price, when in reality look like something you'd get in Primark or ASDA, oh and they've all bought them for themselves and every member of their family. :D
Would probably make a decent pair of curtains actually 😁 I don’t know why they don’t adopt that in their selling spiel. How can a garment fit from size 10-22 and look anything other than too big if you’re on the small size?

I see Shaun's doing his best to scratch the watches again. :rolleyes:

Shaun - "you can tell that is worth every pound of that 875"

Emma - " and more, a lot more, this is easily a watch you'd see in a very high end watch retailers windows."

Emma doesn't half spout some rubbish. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Emma - " and more, a lot more, this is easily a watch you'd see in a very high end watch retailers windows."

I heard that too (about seeing Simplify in a very high end watch retailer’s window). My first thought was of my local high street. We have a jeweller on one side, and a market ground opposite, which does a second-hand ‘flea’ market on Tuesdays (or did).
So maybe you would see Simplify here in the jeweller’s window. As a reflection from the stalls on the flea market opposite…

Exactly. Again, stop and engage the brain. They say 'should be selling for hundreds more ... should see these in high end retailers' blah blah blah, so why don't we see them on sale for hundreds more in high end retailers?!?

Shaun said to (Emma?) last night 'and can you give us a few words as to what Simplify stand for?'

Following a few secs of silence, she mustered 'emmm, they stand for simple, straightforward designs' or words to that effect. This is where they lead themselves down rabbit holes. Because everything they sell is promoted as being the best thing since sliced bread, it can become difficult to muster up bullsh1t for products that are what they are i.e. lower end good enough for the price products.

Exactly. Again, stop and engage the brain. They say 'should be selling for hundreds more ... should see these in high end retailers' blah blah blah, so why don't we see them on sale for hundreds more in high end retailers?!?

Shaun said to (Emma?) last night 'and can you give us a few words as to what Simplify stand for?'

Following a few secs of silence, she mustered 'emmm, they stand for simple, straightforward designs' or words to that effect. This is where they lead themselves down rabbit holes. Because everything they sell is promoted as being the best thing since sliced bread, it can become difficult to muster up bullsh1t for products that are what they are i.e. lower end good enough for the price products.

And that would be a huuuuge rabbit hole. :ROFLMAO:

And your assessment of Simplify is bang on. (y)

A wee bit of exaggeration is fine, but when Emma and IW get going, it's well beyond exaggeration.
The watch in question that was £875 RRP, which Shaun said worth every pound of £875 and Emma said should be a lot, lot more, and could easily see in a high end jewelers window, was selling for £169, has the Hangzhou 2189 movement inside, that’s based on an older Seiko movement, and approx £20 retail from Ali, so not an expensive movement but not a dirt cheap £5 movement either. It has quite a solid looking bracelet, with sold end links, and a decent Stainless Steel case with display back, so all in all, £169 sound about right, probably just on the dear side, comparing it with other fashion type brands they would be up against, not my type of watch but if it was i would be looking to find it cheaper and most definitely wouldn't be paying more than £169. Not sure what their quality control is like, so could be a big negative if it's poor.
So Shaun saying it's worth every pound of £875, Emma says should be a lot, lot more, means either they are very ignorant on watches or they are deliberately trying to deceive viewers. Personally i see it as a bit of both in Shaun's case, probably more ignorant than he realises and then is easily led to believe the rubbish about quality and RRPs he's fed from guests and his earpiece, but in Emma's case, where she's claiming to have this expert and in depth knowledge of watches and the watch industry, then while she's pretty ignorant (actually comes across as very), her main emphasis is on being deceitful, she's up there at the top for the crown of the most crooked guest on IW, and given the amount of liars they have that's some going.

Although it's funny listening to their garbage, it's also sad that there will be a lot of folks who will fall for the garbage, and to be honest, I'm mystified how such a deceitful person is allowed on a National TV channel and can openly con/lie to viewers and nobody in authority, whether that's OFCOM or ASA etc, seems to give a damn. It's really is disgraceful that this is allowed to happen.

OK end of Rant. :ROFLMAO:

And that would be a huuuuge rabbit hole. :ROFLMAO:

And your assessment of Simplify is bang on. (y)

A wee bit of exaggeration is fine, but when Emma and IW get going, it's well beyond exaggeration.
The watch in question that was £875 RRP, which Shaun said worth every pound of £875 and Emma said should be a lot, lot more, and could easily see in a high end jewelers window, was selling for £169, has the Hangzhou 2189 movement inside, that’s based on an older Seiko movement, and approx £20 retail from Ali, so not an expensive movement but not a dirt cheap £5 movement either. It has quite a solid looking bracelet, with sold end links, and a decent Stainless Steel case with display back, so all in all, £169 sound about right, probably just on the dear side, comparing it with other fashion type brands they would be up against, not my type of watch but if it was i would be looking to find it cheaper and most definitely wouldn't be paying more than £169. Not sure what their quality control is like, so could be a big negative if it's poor.
So Shaun saying it's worth every pound of £875, Emma says should be a lot, lot more, means either they are very ignorant on watches or they are deliberately trying to deceive viewers. Personally i see it as a bit of both in Shaun's case, probably more ignorant than he realises and then is easily led to believe the rubbish about quality and RRPs he's fed from guests and his earpiece, but in Emma's case, where she's claiming to have this expert and in depth knowledge of watches and the watch industry, then while she's pretty ignorant (actually comes across as very), her main emphasis is on being deceitful, she's up there at the top for the crown of the most crooked guest on IW, and given the amount of liars they have that's some going.

Although it's funny listening to their garbage, it's also sad that there will be a lot of folks who will fall for the garbage, and to be honest, I'm mystified how such a deceitful person is allowed on a National TV channel and can openly con/lie to viewers and nobody in authority, whether that's OFCOM or ASA etc, seems to give a damn. It's really is disgraceful that this is allowed to happen.

OK end of Rant. :ROFLMAO:

Let's face it, at the end of the day they're selly telly talking heads. Switch them on and off they go. They could be selling a £9.99 product or a £9,999,99 product and their excitement/bullsh1t levels are pretty constant. It's what they're paid to do.

Could anyone do it (talk for hours about different products)? No. In that respect they do what is required of selly telly presenters, some of them better than others. And I don't doubt it's sometimes more difficult than it looks (god I've to talk for 45 mins about a £39.99 fan.)

Having said all that, it doesn't excuse the garbage they spout, although you do have to wonder to what extent they're encouraged to do so by their superiors. If the £££ is rolling in, I doubt taking a moralistic approach is high on the agenda ;)

I'm saying this all jokes aside, it is kind of like a market of old, when you walked along and heard men/women bellowing from each stall '3 FOR A TENNER!!' ... 'THEY HAVE THE VERY SAME DISHCLOTHS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE MADAM!!'

That's IW. I wonder if they're proud of that?

Jess – “what I love about android phones is the fact that, you know the other big brand of smart phones you might be looking at potentially to buy. You get that smart phone, you can’t use normal earphones with it, you’ve got to buy an adapter, if you want to connect it to a computer you struggle because sometimes you need that brand, it’s a little bit difficult, sometimes you kinda get railroaded into having to get everything that brands entails. What I find with an android is it gives you more choice, ok. That’s why I love android phones, my mum always had one, my best friend, they will never go to Iphones ever, and that’s the other big brand. I always find with an android sometimes you get a bit more, em, technology at your fingertips, a bit more choice if you will, customise it to how you like it.”

Geesh, you never hear a word of that negativity from Peter V, regarding Apple when they are flogging the Iphone. ;)

Wonder if we’ll ever see Jess doing an Iphone show? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let's face it, at the end of the day they're selly telly talking heads. Switch them on and off they go. They could be selling a £9.99 product or a £9,999,99 product and their excitement/bullsh1t levels are pretty constant. It's what they're paid to do.

Could anyone do it (talk for hours about different products)? No. In that respect they do what is required of selly telly presenters, some of them better than others. And I don't doubt it's sometimes more difficult than it looks (god I've to talk for 45 mins about a £39.99 fan.)

Having said all that, it doesn't excuse the garbage they spout, although you do have to wonder to what extent they're encouraged to do so by their superiors. If the £££ is rolling in, I doubt taking a moralistic approach is high on the agenda ;)

I'm saying this all jokes aside, it is kind of like a market of old, when you walked along and heard men/women bellowing from each stall '3 FOR A TENNER!!' ... 'THEY HAVE THE VERY SAME DISHCLOTHS IN BUCKINGHAM PALACE MADAM!!'

That's IW. I wonder if they're proud of that?

I firmly believe a lot of what they are spouting comes from others, too many similar stories or similar misinformation to be just solely down to the presenters making it up, sure they'll add lib here and there and even add embellishment to fill 45 minutes, but the main gist of the misinformation will be coming from the backroom staff.

I doubt some of them have any morals, so as you say wouldn't be high on their agendas, but for some of them given they are freelance and their behaviour could effect other potential work then you would think they wouldn't sink to the low of the "no morals" crowd, but none of them seem to care how bad they are behaving, maybe they've been drinking to much of the cool aid from all the positive emails they receive from the stupid crowd.

Latest posts

Back