Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter is making it sound like the Baikal watch is really special, in construction and accuracy etc, and very limited, only 100 made, but it's just an N1 rocket with Baikal Icebreaker written on the dial and there will be 3000 N1 Rocket watches in it's Limited edition range, so there isn't going to be a shortage of watches in that construction or accuracy. ;)

On the Mathey-Tissot famous five relaunch, which Kevin said they launched the first two earlier and now launching the next two, well two of the first one sold are on ebay, have been for months as nobody is buying it, the ones on ebay can't be sold and one is trying to get £850 (the other £900), that's £450 less than IW price and well, well below the value that Kevin and Peter are trying to imply it'll be worth after years in a safe. As we've said before, virtually every watch bought on IW will be losing value before you've even got it delivered to you, you can lock it away for 30 years, won't make any difference. This pair are implying these watches are an investment, they are not.

Kevin - "YN84 so rare so hard to get a hold off"

Actually the movement itself is not rare or hard to get hold off, it's an Orient movement they use in their own watches, it's only rare if you want the movements that Seiko Epson bought from Orient and stuck a rotor on with the engraving YN84, and it's a very basic engraving at that, to fulfill the request for a movement with certain specs from Vostok Europe. Seiko didn't have one, Orient did, so Epson bought and rebranded an Orient movement to fit the bill.

Eddie had a sale on today I believe, stopped trying tbh 😟 always sold out 😎

Yeah, i was tempted to get the yellow/blue Caribbean, but behaving, no more till new year, need to reduce first. Normally ok with the time-factors shop, i'm usually all ready to go, been able to get what i want most times, think there was just once i was too slow, that was the time 600 of the PRS-25 were sold in a couple of minutes.

And now it's the ideal world 21 years watch with the Union flag, Kev not mentioning that, but just 21years🤔 bigging up the sellita SW 200😎 which I'm wearing tonight in my CW trident Pro 600😎
Having IW on the back is a big negative for that watch.

Kev making a big deal about it having the SW200 with Incabloc, but also not mentioning that it's has the Novadiac from Incabloc, for cheaper calibres, they have the 3 leaf spring and single cone instead of the rectangular spring and double cone you find in elebore and higher grade calibres.

BTW the SW200 in your CW has a rectangular spring so you know it's higher grade SW200 than the one in the birthday watch. ;)

Having IW on the back is a big negative for that watch.

Kev making a big deal about it having the SW200 with Incabloc, but also not mentioning that it's has the Novadiac from Incabloc, for cheaper calibres, they have the 3 leaf spring and single cone instead of the rectangular spring and double cone you find in elebore and higher grade calibres.

BTW the SW200 in your CW has a rectangular spring so you know it's higher grade SW200 than the one in the birthday watch. ;)
And I have the cosc in my Dartmouth 👍😎

I feel I'm missing out, none of my watches have pvd coating, or gtls tubes 🤔 must be worthless 😂

Would that mean that,

Peter Simon's Rolex
Peter V's Rolex
David Fabbro's Rolex
Sean Crawley's Hydroconquest
Simon Iles's Yaught-Master II
Mason's Omega
Shona's & DeKnees's Cartier Tanks

are all worthless crap? :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just thinking after posting, there is a common theme there with that list, severe lack of IW's Chinese horological wonders. ;)

Latest posts

Back