Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shona loves the size of the first Nubeo watch, it absolutely dwarfs her wrist, bit like the picture the other day. :ROFLMAO:
I caught only a few mins of the show. I'm a bit bored with all of it for now, same old same old. Each to their own but those large watches look, to me, ridiculous.

And, for the few mins I did watch, Shona was a pleasant enough change to ...

£40!
4 FLEXIS!
SWISS!
40 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
QUALITY!
LIMITED EDITION!
30 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
SWISS!
£40!
SWISS!
HEAVY!
50 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
SWISS!!
SWISS!!!

I caught only a few mins of the show. I'm a bit bored with all of it for now, same old same old. Each to their own but those large watches look, to me, ridiculous.

And, for the few mins I did watch, Shona was a pleasant enough change to ...

£40!
4 FLEXIS!
SWISS!
40 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
QUALITY!
LIMITED EDITION!
30 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
SWISS!
£40!
SWISS!
HEAVY!
50 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS!
SWISS!!
SWISS!!!

Yeah, know what you mean about being bored, watch less and mainly watch shows, being addicted to watches myself, i like to point out lies and misinformation for anybody thinking of buying but maybe doesn't really know much about watches. Even if it stops just one person being fleeced by the con artists, then it's worth the aggravation. ;):ROFLMAO:

Although watching, seeing which guests brands choose to represent them and watching how they behave, also helps me decide what brands i will be avoiding like the plague, even away from Ideal world. And it's a growing list.
I feel that if brands willingly have lying con artists, to represent their brand and help promote their products on IW with lies, misinformation and gross exaggeration, then that brand will join IW on the black list of companies/brands i will NEVER buy from again, no matter how good their product is. There are plenty of alternatives out there that don't sink to the lows of appearing on shopping telly, a sales platform, which seems to attract and abound with con artists, liars and stupid attention seeking fools.

Oh and in the background, is one product I will never ever use, Protocol, and the simple reason James Greenwell, hey the product may be good, no idea, but he is enough to ensure no sale. I absolutely detest characters like him. :mad:

Eh? PS, " why is it called the paramount?" The other fella, " we always name our watches from history, from Blenheim palace, Churchill, all the famous who shopped at Swan and Edgar, that's why it's called the paramount" ???????wtf 🥺

The Swan & Edgar guy just waffles a load of senseless nonsense which has no relation to the name and the watch. :ROFLMAO:

How come all their watches are covered in pvd? Why not just the 312 ss? 🤔

Cheeky chappie pointed that out before as a reason for not liking them and their cheap look, personally don't think it's even PVD think it's some cheaper plating technique, it looks like the chrome plating you get on cheap alloy cases, it's also probably a lot cheaper for the Chinese to do plating of watch cases on mass rather than getting a nice polished Stainless steel case finish.

All of these "Chinese" chrono watches have the same button functions, the 2 o'clock button alters the day, the 4 o'clock alters the month, there is no functional tachymeter stopwatch 🤔

The Chinese are bad for calling watches chronographs when they are not, none of these can be used as a stopwatch, they are just standard watches with day/date/24HR/small seconds/day-night sub dials.

I think the brands want the mechanical movements, with a chrono look, but at a cheap/affordable price, which they get with the sub dials/pushers they use, of course if they went full chrono with mechanical movements then that bumps the prices up or they could switch to quartz to get an affordable priced chrono but then they lose their main selling point, ie mechanical watches at affordable prices.

Oh speaking of cheap Chinese products it's Beldray time. :ROFLMAO:

A couple of nights back Peter S was flogging toys with the toy 'guru' that has been in the toy business 'for more years than I care to remember' says Peter. Who gives a sh*t?!?

According to this 'guru', the following is going to be THEE toy of Christmas 2021, yep, that's his prediction.

I'll wait with interest to read all the articles later in the year about the remote control car that's flying off the shelves with demand outstripping supply. After all, remote control cars are such a new concept, I'm sure it's what every child is hoping for ...

Swan & Edgar took 6 months to design their watches.

And they decided to produce a sports watch.

So they took 6 months to design a sports watch that is only 30 mtrs of water resistant, splash proof but no swimming, has no chronograph so can't be used as a stopwatch, but it has a tachymeter dial. So in other words everything but a sports watch.
Yeah they definitely put a lot of thought & effort into designing that "sports" watch. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hope you've got some knitting or crossword book to do, could be a while.😉

It's a simple question regarding the ladies watch, should be a dawdle for the con artist, sorry meant "Expert" guest to answer in seconds, after all they keep saying to email in with any questions we have.

I've a feeling I'm being ignored, must not like me anymore. :(:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back