Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So those Mann Egerton watches on TV warehouse at the moment, it's just another brand the Fields family have started up using the name of an old defunct company, like a clone of Swan & Edgar and Gamages. Same crap watches and exact same crap about the watches being spouted by the presenters, they've obviously been given a script from the Fields, Reid said the watch looks like it worth thousands. :ROFLMAO:

So the Fields have their watches on three shopping telly channels now.

TJC - Gamages

TV Warehouse - Mann Egerton

IW - Swan & Edgar

And all three channels are spouting misleading info and outright lies.

So much for shopping telly being regulated by ASA and OFCOM. :ROFLMAO:
It can’t be long before they actually launch the Grace Brothers range.
‘What sort’s that watch, then, mate?’
’Oh, it’s a Mrs Slocumbe’
The mind boggles.

I hopped on last night and they were flogging fake leather chairs that vibrate and heat up. Peter V squeezing the 'leather' as though it and the padding beneath were of the best quality. Cut to Mike M reclining on one of said chairs pretending to be asleep.

I literally burst out laughing.
Haha. IW can be unintentionally funny at times. Yesterday the presenter was trying out the vibration function of one of those faux leather chair and after finding one she liked I noticed she got that look in her eye. I made the first MrsMadcatman have that look once 😉

So those Mann Egerton watches on TV warehouse at the moment, it's just another brand the Fields family have started up using the name of an old defunct company, like a clone of Swan & Edgar and Gamages. Same crap watches and exact same crap about the watches being spouted by the presenters, they've obviously been given a script from the Fields, Reid said the watch looks like it worth thousands. :ROFLMAO:

So the Fields have their watches on three shopping telly channels now.

TJC - Gamages

TV Warehouse - Mann Egerton

IW - Swan & Edgar

And all three channels are spouting misleading info and outright lies.

So much for shopping telly being regulated by ASA and OFCOM. :ROFLMAO:
Thats interesting, wondered if it was a Fields brand, couldn't be arsed to have a look around🤫🤭

Thats interesting, wondered if it was a Fields brand, couldn't be arsed to have a look around🤫🤭

Baby Fields registered the trademark a year ago this month, looks like it was approx June this year that they launched the watches. Mann Egerton only have a few watches on their site at the moment, but even from the few, you can see the similarities are so glaring, that you could easily think you're looking at Gamages or Swan & Edgar watches. Pretty obvious they all originated in the same backstreet sweat shop in China. ;):ROFLMAO:

Here's a handy list of defunct British companies;
Just email the name to your friendly Chinese OEM , and you are in business.
Shaun's ready too ......' the history and the heritage you are buying into here is quite exceptional.
This is a name that was patronised by kings and queens - In fact I believe that this next model , the Artist has a particular association with Winston Churchill .... Johnathan .... '

'Yes indeed Shaun , as we all know Churchill loved to paint , and now each of the limited edition Artist watches has a blob of red , white and blue paint on the reverse of the case, meaning no two watches are the same.... you really are going to have to be quick of you want one of these.'

Baby Fields registered the trademark a year ago this month, looks like it was approx June this year that they launched the watches. Mann Egerton only have a few watches on their site at the moment, but even from the few, you can see the similarities are so glaring, that you could easily think you're looking at Gamages or Swan & Edgar watches. Pretty obvious they all originated in the same backstreet sweat shop in China. ;):ROFLMAO:
Yes the free pen was a bit of a give away along with the watch I saw was called the Guarder with a bullshit historical story behind it, made me think this all seems a bit familiar lol.

BTW the watch winders at £59 + £3.99 p&p on IW, you can get them from Ali for £35 free p & p and Ali have a choice of case finishes.

£41.96 when you checkout as they add VAT , then you may get import tax added when it hits the UK and a £8 post office charge

OK, but Ideal World are claiming a reduction in price from £150. Who in their right mind would buy a basic, one-slot, Chinese-made watch winder for £150? And this particular winder sells on Ali for £35 plus any taxes, and on eBay for £50 (Link available if anyone wants it). So we are back to the ludicrously inflated ‘original pricing’ that IW seem so fond of.

The issue is not that IW don’t, or can’t, sell some decent products. Like most retailers, some stuff is good, some isn’t (IMO). It’s these kinds of selling techniques that grate on us (well me, at least. And I don’t think I’m the only one.)

£41.96 when you checkout as they add VAT , then you may get import tax added when it hits the UK and a £8 post office charge

Didn't notice that bit, haven't bought from Ali this year, but bought about ten watches in the past and never been charged VAT by Ali, is that something new that's changed since Brexit? But anyway £41.96 it's still well below and a fair saving than the £59 + £3.99 and as Professor Branestawn mentioned, the so called real value claimed by IW of £150.

There won't be any import tax or post office charge if Ali have already charged the VAT, which they send to the Tax Authorities here, so it will just be £41.96 total.

Kev - "Sixty Five T100 GTLS tubes, If you're new to these shows, new to the world of gtls watches, T100 means it's 4 times stronger than regular T gtls tubes."

Same rubbish from Reynolds, the tubes aren't T100, it's the watch that is T100 or T25, that's the total amount of Tritium in the watch, 100 mCi in a T100 and 25 mCi in a T25. And the reason for having 100 mCi of tritium in certain Traser watches is not to make them 4 times stronger or brighter, it's because they have way MORE gtls tubes in them (and one uses the tritium in the numbers on the bezel as well) so you need a lot more Tritium.

Mason - "are you joking, i think my producers been drinking, she's just told me, already half the entire stock of this has sold out."

35 secs later

"60% sold out Kev."

35 secs later

"Kev, 2 left."

So in other words Mike, there wasn't many to start with and saying you think your producer has been drinking was just more of your misleading sales crap which you spout on a regular basis. You're a conman and a poor one at that.:rolleyes:

Mason - "are you joking, i think my producers been drinking, she's just told me, already half the entire stock of this has sold out."

35 secs later

"60% sold out Kev."

35 secs later

"Kev, 2 left."

So in other words Mike, there wasn't many to start with and saying you think your producer has been drinking was just more of your misleading sales crap which you spout on a regular basis. You're a conman and a poor one at that.:rolleyes:
By LAW, if they're going to pull guff like speaking to someone 'in their ear' to ask how many are left, it shouldn't suffice for them to then pull a face towards camera and say to the effect of 'you'd better get a wriggle on!!!' If the conversation has actually taken place, how the heck do viewers know if they've got 5 or 500 left in stock? They should HAVE to tell viewers the number they've been fed ... otherwise shut up with the dodgy sales techniques.

And as you say, we know it's all dodgy guff as things are frequently 'about to sell out' for 2-3 days if not more :) :) :)

Caught a few mins of them selling a mattress last night. The brand guy had the usual small section of uncovered metal sprung mattress that they use to show how rubbish they are. He proceeded to put a glass of water on this to show how unstable/bouncy this type of mattress is.

IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER DOES THAT SMALL DEMO SECTION HAVE THE SAME PROPERTIES AS A FULL SIZED (AND COVERED) METAL SPRUNG MATTRESS. I'VE PUT A GLASS OF WATER ON MINE AND SAT UP/DOWN AND IT HARDLY MOVES!!!

As usual, misleading claims and guff demos.

Caught a few mins of them selling a mattress last night. The brand guy had the usual small section of uncovered metal sprung mattress that they use to show how rubbish they are. He proceeded to put a glass of water on this to show how unstable/bouncy this type of mattress is.

IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER DOES THAT SMALL DEMO SECTION HAVE THE SAME PROPERTIES AS A FULL SIZED (AND COVERED) METAL SPRUNG MATTRESS. I'VE PUT A GLASS OF WATER ON MINE AND SAT UP/DOWN AND IT HARDLY MOVES!!!

As usual, misleading claims and guff demos.

Remember the demos when they had that old (very old) and very soft sprung mattress on a bed frame, the kind of cheap crap mattresses that most folks wouldn't buy in a million years, and they used that to show sprung mattresses had no support. Remember creepy bouncing up and down at the end of the bed when he broke the slats, probably why they stopped doing that demo.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back