Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is no holding Peter "the lying conman" Simon back, no waffling, no wasting time, just straight into lie after lie. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On Nubeo - "We're going to do a Nubeo special, now just on this, Jim and I can genuinely say, this is I think one of the most successful young watchbrands in the last 5 years, Probably around the globe. Now had the pandemic not occurred they would have been flying high, I mean they were talked about in Industry magazines, World Fairs. They are a young group of designers, American designers with Swiss based engineering, and they've become phenomenal, genuinely phenomenal. Their watches in their catalogue range are anywhere from £1000 to £7000 on any given day of the week. Blah, blah,m blah"

oh and

"Let me just explain, Nubeo was an inspiration of a group of young American designers blah blah."

On the prices - "The only reason they are doing this, is to promote the Nubeo brand name and it really is going to reach dizzy heights in watchmaking, they're hand assembled, they are assembled in Switzerland."

Yet if you want to contact Nubeo they are in London and their web site is run from London by The Dartmouth brands who are in turn run from Hong Kong where the watches are hand assembled by Solar Time. Yeah Peter they truly have strong American and Swiss connections. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As for the prices, they don't have any watch near £7000 and anyway the prices that are on their web site are highly inflated RRPs. I blame Invicta for all these brands copying their marketing tactic of ridiculously inflating RRPs and giving big discounts at sale.

Peter still saying they are an American brand and Swiss made, ****** liar. :rolleyes:

Oh and Clawleys been around and seen the the production, nice trip to China was it Jim.

Peter moaning there is never enough stock.

Clawley says - "We're always fighting for stock with the American distributor."

Huh, why would you be fighting for stock with the American distributor, you work for the distributor, The Dartmouth brands which is a subsidiary of the brand owner, Solar Time. There is no American distributor, there is Solar Time / The Dartmouth Brands, that's the distributors of Nubeo watches. There are retailors in the states, but no distributors. ;)

What you should have said is, you Peter (IW) are fighting with other retailers for stock, we (The Dartmouth Brands/Solar Time) can only give you (IW) so many watches at a time, as we have to supply other retailers, here, in Europe, Asia and America with watches as well.
Of course you can't say that, cause that then gives away the false story about the brand and where the watches originate that you and IW have concocted.

BTW, nothing against Nubeo watches, decent enough quality, if folks like them fair enough, not for me, too big, but they are Chinese made (apart from an odd special) and owned.

Last edited:
Oh both are lying to hide the Chinese connection.

Peter said again "they're American company."

Jim with a beetroot face, trying hard to hide the truth - "originally American company with a Basel production office, but then it's it's changed and evolved over those years."

Peter - "they're about 5/6 years old aren't they."

Jim - "they are older than that, 1990s"

Lies, lies and damn lies.

The 1990 Nubeo were originally Swiss and made in Switzerland, the American connection was Kobe Bryant who teamed up with them and they made a watch for him and a range (Mamba IIRC) developed from that, he pulled out and they went bust.

Solar Time picked up the name and they've been Chinese owned and made ever since.

Jim said Gav's going to give him into trouble for going to buy another watch instead of the Magellan.

Everybody go, who the **** is Gav?

Here's Gav, Jim has mentioned this bloke Gav a few times in shows, but never really tells you who he is, which is not surprising as that would give away the Solar Time connection with all these brands if he did.

Disgusting innuendo from PS tonight, tight buttocks, 2" of wrist, young production crew etc. 🙄 That Magellan looks nowt like a Richard mille 🤣 and with a meca quartz 😎 VK 63 probably 😁
Yeah I'd go as far as to say he disgusts me. The face pulling, 70's working mens club 'jokes', the complete and utter RUBBISH he spouts about products. Why the heck he's not been put out to selly telly pasture goodness only knows. One can only conclude his shows get decent sales numbers ... which as we've said before perhaps says something about the IW audience.

Remember the demos when they had that old (very old) and very soft sprung mattress on a bed frame, the kind of cheap crap mattresses that most folks wouldn't buy in a million years, and they used that to show sprung mattresses had no support. Remember creepy bouncing up and down at the end of the bed when he broke the slats, probably why they stopped doing that demo.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah and they had the bare faced audacity if memory serves me correctly to say 'and this is a relatively new high quality mattress' ... yeah ... that had evidently been run over by one of your stock room fork lifts a good few times!!!

Weedkiller time.

Alan 'Green fingers' Ennis says pulling weeds out is a no no, as you leave bits of the roots in the ground and it will grow back. Ok got ya Alan.

Alan says use RHS weedkiller as that burns the leaves and cuts off the food supply to the roots and they will die off. ok got ya Alan.

Oh but wait a minute, if destroying the leaves with RHS cuts off the food supply to the roots and then they will die then surely pulling the weed out with all it's leaves will do exactly the same thing, would it not Alan? ;)

Or you could just tell the truth and tell the audience that RHS weedkillers is a surface killer only kills the leaves and roots of baby/annual weeds, most perennial weeds will grow back as RHS weedkiller isn't strong enough to kill the roots of these, you need the Glyphosate weedkillers for that.

So in reality, pulling weeds out or using RHS weedkiller will have the exact same result, RHS will just save you backache. ;):ROFLMAO:

Kev on the YN84 - These movements are incredibly hard to get, Seiko use them for their own upmarket collection, I think and I haven't seen these movements used by any other company except Vostok Europe."

Utter garbage, Firstly Seiko don't use the Seiko Epson YN84 in any of their upmarket watches or any of their watches for that matter, as it isn't strictly one of their own branded movements, and secondly other brands do use the movement, Orient use it as it's one of their movements that Seiko Epson have stuck their own rotor on and called it YN84 to fulfill the requirements needed by Vostok Europe and a small Japanese brand Master Works. It's an Orient movement rebranded (Just a different rotor with Seiko Epson and YN84 crudely stamped on it) as a Seiko Epson movement.

Of course, in reality the movement does belong to the Seiko Group, as Orient is part of Seiko now, but the Orient brand, watches and movements still keep their own distinctive identity within Seiko.

Do the ITV bosses not care what they show, just as long as they have content to air? Powerglide is on the overnight show with Dirty Peter. He's describing in great detail how a man of his age drips after having a wee. Using all his comic talents like pauses and face pulling, I'm sure someone backstage must be laughing because none of the viewers are. He might as well shout down the camera "I'M PETER SIMON AND I DRIBBLE PISS EVERYWHERE I GO!" because subtlety is not his strong point.

Do the ITV bosses not care what they show, just as long as they have content to air? Powerglide is on the overnight show with Dirty Peter. He's describing in great detail how a man of his age drips after having a wee. Using all his comic talents like pauses and face pulling, I'm sure someone backstage must be laughing because none of the viewers are. He might as well shout down the camera "I'M PETER SIMON AND I DRIBBLE PISS EVERYWHERE I GO!" because subtlety is not his strong point.
Aaw my gawd, they will be selling incontipants next! Just sayin!

Latest posts

Back