Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Den - "it's probably the most expensive looking piece you'll see, it looks as if you've spent thousands on it, and it's got a movement inside, the automatic hand assembled movement inside that is equal to watches that you spend thousands on, correct me if i say anything wrong."

Miss Gerrards - "no, no, i, i absolutely, i always look at the price point and have to remind myself i'm looking at an automatic timepiece, automatic blah blah."

No problem den, Yeah you're wrong, big time. Pity Miss Gerrards didn't correct you, but obviously she's more interested in getting paid than rocking the boat and telling the truth.

Some of these watch shows are an absolute farce now.
I get that automatic watches are impressive in terms of what they do, however the way IW refer to them, you'd think the technology/engineering had only been invented recently and was almost equal in achievement to putting someone on the moon.

I get that automatic watches are impressive in terms of what they do, however the way IW refer to them, you'd think the technology/engineering had only been invented recently and was almost equal in achievement to putting someone on the moon.
Alternatively either implying that Thomas Earnshaw's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson's still personally hand-assembling limited edition watches whilst dressed in a tweed suit and wearing a monocle, or showing watches being assembled by a small number of smartly-dressed white men in impeccably immaculate surroundings because we can't risk stating that the watches are actually produced by Chinese factory workers otherwise all of our lies will unravel (Swan and Edgar).

I think the presenters are given "buzz words/ phrases" by the "experts" which they then repeat, usually in the wrong places on the wrong watches, that Deknees did it last night, and PS also does it with his Bombay glass etc, really irritating.
And Deeknees reminds me of Grizelda off terrahawks 🤣

The thing that I don't understand about the anniversary watch is why doesn't every presenter own one and wear it on air? And I don't mean one that gets passed around and the presenter sticks it on five minutes before going on air. I mean why isn't every presenter showing off their own limited edition anniversary watch celebrating the company they're proud to work for? Oh yea, I know why they dont. Because they want to offload the shite onto us.
You would have thought Me Mam would have one on, if only to remind him how long he's worked for them for. He tells us every single show but every time he has to second guess himself
"Av worked here at Ideal World now for, oooh 'ow long? *rolls eyes, counts on fingers* twenteh, NOOO, twenteh wun years!" EVERY. FUCKING. SHOW!!!

He claims to have quite a few watches, yet strangely you never see 'My names Shaun btw' ever wearing a watch on IW, on an odd occassion he might have on a watch which is featuring in a show later that day to plug, but i've never seen him wearing one of his own watches.

I see Den is wearing her new Mathey-Tissot watch, change from her usual Cartier watch, she had it on yesterday as well, she made a big play of will i buy or not before deciding she was getting it during the 10.15pm show on Monday night, which is kinda strange, very strange how she got it so quick, IW don't stock the Mathey-Tissot watches, they are send to IW customers direct from watchbase, so no way if she ordered in the usual way would she have had it delivered in time for her to be wearing it yesterday, so I personally don't believe she actually bought one, i think she's been given either free or on the cheap the one they used for displaying in the show and then no doubt at some future point it'll be used a selling point during a Mathey-Tissot show, ie oh this is the watch that Den bought, a bit like Mason's fake 3 year story for the Almaz. Or maybe she's just wearing teh display model and passes it back when her shift is finished.;)

The laugh was, she went on so much about precise accurate timekeeping and these being automatic you would get precise time keeping, but if you ask any watch collector they'll tell you if you want an accurate watch to that standard then you're better off getting a quartz.

I think the presenters are given "buzz words/ phrases" by the "experts" which they then repeat, usually in the wrong places on the wrong watches, that Deknees did it last night, and PS also does it with his Bombay glass etc, really irritating.
And Deeknees reminds me of Grizelda off terrahawks 🤣

Good spot. :)

Deknees was terrible last night, she should never be doing watch shows, she to ignorant on the subject and she wasn't acting as a presenter last night (same as she was the night before with Kev Reynolds), just a overly biased brown nosing cheerleader for some Chinese made watches, made specially for the selly telly market.

Good spot. :)

Deknees was terrible last night, she should never be doing watch shows, she to ignorant on the subject and she wasn't acting as a presenter last night (same as she was the night before with Kev Reynolds), just a overly biased brown nosing cheerleader for some Chinese made watches, made specially for the selly telly market.
Deknees seems to be on a lot this week therefore guessing that one or two presenters could be on holiday.

At least during the little bit I saw of her watch show there was a moment of honesty when she said that she didn't know what something did, but still it's not a good look for a watch show presenter. Also another watch had a "beautiful, riveting, solid, heavyweight case". Though tonight she said that an eLife electric bike had "power assisted steering"...

Plus this watch has some classic Delorean build quality with the day indication stuck between Monday and Tuesday (y)

Delorean 1.jpg

That Police G Force watch is was ugly.

They're say latest release, but other web sites are saying a discontinued and Amazon say G force watches have been on sale since 2016. :unsure:

Wish Noddy would stop saying they are only one of two brands who are officially licensed products of the Swiss Confederation, without the full story then it's a very misleading statement, makes them sound special or better than other Swiss Brands.
They are only officially licensed products, because they want to use 'Swiss Military' on their dials, and as 'Swiss Military' is a trademark owned by the Swiss Confederation, then they have to pay a license fee, and meet Swiss Made criteria, to use it, hence they are an officially licensed product and can legally use 'Swiss Military' trademark.
But considering 99.99999% of Swiss brands have no intentions of using 'Swiss Military' on their watch dials, and even though they meet the same 'Swiss Made' criteria and in some cases to a higher standard, then there is no point in them paying and becoming an Official Licensed product of the Swiss Confederation, be a waste of a lot of money. ;)

Deknees seems to be on a lot this week therefore guessing that one or two presenters could be on holiday.

At least during the little bit I saw of her watch show there was a moment of honesty when she said that she didn't know what something did, but still it's not a good look for a watch show presenter. Also another watch had a "beautiful, riveting, solid, heavyweight case". Though tonight she said that an eLife electric bike had "power assisted steering"...

Plus this watch has some classic Delorean build quality with the day indication stuck between Monday and Tuesday (y)

View attachment 22162

I noticed that on a Raoul U Braun watch as well, I'm wondering if when the day is changed on those watches it's like two clicks/stages to change/set the day, then that might be someone just not setting the day properly, also one of the downsides of these day/date sub dials that are changed/set by the pushers, press when you're not supposed to, ie if she's thinks she's starting a chrono and you can start to change the day/months etc. Does that make sense.
What i noticed a lot as well was, although the time seemed correct for the later night show, because quite a few of the watches had the 24 hour sub dials they were actually set to morning times, ie at 10 o clock at night on the show the watch watch showing 10 o clock, but it was 10 am not 10pm on the 24 hour dial. Also one watch was set to august instead of September, think they just set these the time etc at the last minute and don't check them properly.

Probably Peter Simon, he usually shares most of the evening watch shows with Mason and Shaun. Peter Simon is not listed on shows this week, he did a late show on ITV 12.45am Monday morning and is not on again till Saturday, back for Swan & Edgar. :ROFLMAO: Quite a few TBC for shows in the next few days so maybe trying to juggle the presenters that are available. Of course it's not just holidays, lot of them are freelance so may have other work on this week, don't think i've seen Shona this week.

He claims to have quite a few watches, yet strangely you never see 'My names Shaun btw' ever wearing a watch on IW, on an odd occassion he might have on a watch which is featuring in a show later that day to plug, but i've never seen him wearing one of his own watches.

I see Den is wearing her new Mathey-Tissot watch, change from her usual Cartier watch, she had it on yesterday as well, she made a big play of will i buy or not before deciding she was getting it during the 10.15pm show on Monday night, which is kinda strange, very strange how she got it so quick, IW don't stock the Mathey-Tissot watches, they are send to IW customers direct from watchbase, so no way if she ordered in the usual way would she have had it delivered in time for her to be wearing it yesterday, so I personally don't believe she actually bought one, i think she's been given either free or on the cheap the one they used for displaying in the show and then no doubt at some future point it'll be used a selling point during a Mathey-Tissot show, ie oh this is the watch that Den bought, a bit like Mason's fake 3 year story for the Almaz. Or maybe she's just wearing teh display model and passes it back when her shift is finished.;)
I smell BS with all the 'I'm going to buy one of these after the show' ... 'I bought one of these for my mum' ... 'guys (pretending to speak to someone off camera) can you put one of these aside for me' stuff.

I'd love to see a chart, showing how often each presenter has made such a remark over the last year against how often each remark has actually been true. I suspect the stats would speak for themselves.

And as we've said before, SO WHAT?!? OOhhhhhh, the presenter has bought one, it must be a great product, I'll therefore buy 10 of them.

The laugh was, she went on so much about precise accurate timekeeping and these being automatic you would get precise time keeping, but if you ask any watch collector they'll tell you if you want an accurate watch to that standard then you're better off getting a quartz.
Don't tell Peter S that, a certain word makes up 1/2 his vocabulary during watch shows!!!

automatic!
AUTOMATIC!!
AUTOMATIC!!!
AUTOMATIC!!!!

View attachment 22162
Let's not forget when selling heaters a year or so back, she advised us the thermostat on their heater was 'sensing the temperature from all 4 corners of the room' or some such guff.

Talking of heaters, given we're going into winter, I suppose viewers will be subjected to multiple heater shows in the not too distant future!

Let's not forget when selling heaters a year or so back, she advised us the thermostat on their heater was 'sensing the temperature from all 4 corners of the room' or some such guff.

Talking of heaters, given we're going into winter, I suppose viewers will be subjected to multiple heater shows in the not too distant future!
The same ceramic heater as last time but with a different brand name on the box? Check.

Showing outside winter footage even if it's quite mild in the UK? Check.

Outrageously inaccurate weather forecast making out next week's going to be colder than inside your freezer cabinet? Check.

"Only heat the room you're in not the whole house"? Check.

Mr. Charisma himself with temperature probes and heat-sensitive camera waiting for something to happen? Check.

"It's still getting hotter even after I've turned off the power"? Check.

Can't wait (y)

That's disrespectful to my good friend, and master of everything, Petey V.

Had them around mine last winter, super people. Petey kept going into every room with his thermometer, checking the temperature, telling me to switch to ceramic, as they retain the heat. I told him "sold", but where can I buy these heaters? He told me ideal world, then Gen screeched check out your baskets, even though I had nothing in my basket yet.

I smell BS with all the 'I'm going to buy one of these after the show' ... 'I bought one of these for my mum' ... 'guys (pretending to speak to someone off camera) can you put one of these aside for me' stuff.

I'd love to see a chart, showing how often each presenter has made such a remark over the last year against how often each remark has actually been true. I suspect the stats would speak for themselves.

And as we've said before, SO WHAT?!? OOhhhhhh, the presenter has bought one, it must be a great product, I'll therefore buy 10 of them.

Top of the list has to be Sally, Deknees & Hayley, listening to them they buy EVERYTHING.

So either they are on really, really good money, as the amount of stuff they are buying runs into a lot of money, there is hundreds of one off items they claim to buy, but then there is all those health, cosmetic & eating stuff they have to buy repeatedly on a regular/monthly basis, which they all claim to use (even the blokes 😲:ROFLMAO:), Elizabeth Grant, CBD, Protocol, Hair Gain, Bambeautiful, Fabulift, Jane Plan, etc. or it's all a pack of lies.

I think there’s a bit of Illness going around that building.

The other day Create and Craft had Dawn Wheeler who is a expert, presenting, because of staff shortages, She done both, presented and experted, and performed both tasks well.

So why do IW, have 2 experts, when surely if you have Shona as a expert, she could do both.

I think there’s a bit of Illness going around that building.

The other day Create and Craft had Dawn Wheeler who is a expert, presenting, because of staff shortages, She done both, presented and experted, and performed both tasks well.

So why do IW, have 2 experts, when surely if you have Shona as a expert, she could do both.

It's all smoke and mirrors, an illusion for the casual viewers, having a presenter and an expert, is an attempt give legitimacy & credence to the expert, casual viewers are thinking oh wow, we must have a bona fide expert here so listen & believe every word they say.

Of course there is also a lot of regular viewers who have bought into all the cock & bull and firmly believe that the likes of Shona, Alex, Clarys (not sure of spelling), Simon, Alan etc are all bona fide experts and already believe all the crap they spout, they don't need fooling.

And then there is the minority of viewers, like us here, with common sense, who know it's nothing but a bunch of media con artists pretending to be experts and most of what they are spouting is nothing but rubbish, sometimes just over hyping products, sometimes just exaggerating quality and other times outright lying about a product, just one big con game acting scenario for them.

And finally there is those with the most common sense, the vast majority of the British public who wouldn't give the likes of IW or their experts/presenters the time of day and never watch stupid selly telly channels. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back