Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I probably would as I haven’t a clue what a NH35 is lol

If you're paying £2000 for a watch then you should be researching what movement is in it, as well as a lot of other things, and you would definitely want more than a £30 movement inside it. ;)
One other thing which the show tonight went on a lot about was weight being a sign of quality, it's not, weight just means they've used a lot of metal (in this stainless steel) in the case, which may give it a heavy solid look, but that doesn't mean it's a quality watch. There is absolutely no activity that any normal person would be taking part in that needs a case built to these weights and alleged robustness, it's just been made big and bulky for show, not for quality.
It's one of Seiko Instrument's basic automatic movements used by a lot of microbrands, wholesale Solar Time will be paying max of £30 for the movement, more likely less. They probably source them through Time Module Inc in Hong Kong.

Last edited:
If you're paying £2000 for a watch then you should be researching what movement is in it, as well as a lot of other things, and you would definitely want more than a £30 movement inside it. ;)
It's one of Seiko Instrument's basic automatic movements used by a lot of microbrands, wholesale Solar Time will be paying max of £30 for the movement, more likely less. They probably source them through Time Module Inc in Hong Kong.
Yeah I wouldnt now I know

Ah well Clawley says the Carbon RGMT is really special and unique, certainly looks it, looks like a poor attempt at trying to copy he style/look of Luminox and Traser watches. £1300 RRP :eek:
images.jpeg.jpg

I thought thats a Sinn 👿

So I watched some of the Gamages show on TJC last night. It was a presenter named Mark I think and Fields snr. At one point, and bear in mind they were flogging a watch for something like £99.99, Mark says to the effect of 'Just imagine 10-20 years from now being able to put these on the well known auction sites and stating that you're selling an original Gamages!!!' It then got even better when the Fields guy started nodding and mentioning watches that resell not for hundreds, not thousands ... but millions, yes, millions.

The pair of them were somehow trying to create a scenario to the viewer of 'buy this £99.99 Gamages, plonk it on eBay a decade or so from now and you'll be RICH beyond your wildest dreams!!!'

:) :) :)

So I watched some of the Gamages show on TJC last night. It was a presenter named Mark I think and Fields snr. At one point, and bear in mind they were flogging a watch for something like £99.99, Mark says to the effect of 'Just imagine 10-20 years from now being able to put these on the well known auction sites and stating that you're selling an original Gamages!!!' It then got even better when the Fields guy started nodding and mentioning watches that resell not for hundreds, not thousands ... but millions, yes, millions.

The pair of them were somehow trying to create a scenario to the viewer of 'buy this £99.99 Gamages, plonk it on eBay a decade or so from now and you'll be RICH beyond your wildest dreams!!!'

Plonker 🤭

Yes, can't beat Gamages on TJC with horologer extraordinaire Fields snr, for so much total rubbish and bullsh*t and falsehoods.🤭🤔🤭

Dozy expert on the H2O - "this is non toxic chem, eh, always say non toxic chemical, it's NOT a chemical it's a non toxic solution." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not a Chemical, are really you that stupid? Where do they find these experts, oh I forgot, she's one of IW backroom staff from years gone by, obviously another self appointed and self educated expert. If you going to pretend to be an expert at least educate yourself on the basics. :rolleyes:

The Krupps coffee machine is being repeated now. Mason is presenting with Creepy Crawley demonstrating. Creepy is wearing a barrista apron as though he's moonlighting in Costa. Why? It's insulting our intelligence. Apart from the often repeated issue on here that why do they need two of them to present when one presenter who can demonstrate would suffice. It's not like their on air chemistry is electrifying. Creepy has been demonstrating products for years and Mason calls himself a coffee expert, including repairing the machine itself so one of them could do both jobs to save money.
But my main issue is why has Shaun got changed from a suit to an open neck black shirt and long black apron? Do they think if he's dressed like a barrista, the viewer will think he's more qualified? It just shouts desperation to me.

In 10-20 years time you'll be lucky to get a tenner for it and i'm being deadly serious here.
There is absolutely nothing special about Gamages watches that are going to increase their value or be worth a collector of older watches being interested in it in the future.
They are just cheap generic Chinese watches, produced for these recently formed shyster brands trying to make a quick killing by taking advantage of the resurgence in interest in watch collecting from uninformed buyers.
At least when you buy them direct from China, they charge you the true value, unlike the low life scum businessmen (actually they don't deserve to be called that, con artists is more appropriate) in this country and West in general, that are just out to rip off customers. ;)

The Krupps coffee machine is being repeated now. Mason is presenting with Creepy Crawley demonstrating. Creepy is wearing a barrista apron as though he's moonlighting in Costa. Why? It's insulting our intelligence. Apart from the often repeated issue on here that why do they need two of them to present when one presenter who can demonstrate would suffice. It's not like their on air chemistry is electrifying. Creepy has been demonstrating products for years and Mason calls himself a coffee expert, including repairing the machine itself so one of them could do both jobs to save money.
But my main issue is why has Shaun got changed from a suit to an open neck black shirt and long black apron? Do they think if he's dressed like a barrista, the viewer will think he's more qualified? It just shouts desperation to me.

As i said the other day, it's all smoke and mirrors, an illusion to try and give credibility to their pretendy expert.
Yeah it is an insult to the intelligence of a lot of viewers, but unfortunately, it seems there are a very lot of viewers who fall for this kind of crap, and as Cheeky Chappie has said on numerous occasions, 'IW know their audience' and are milking them for all they can.

Maybe it’s my Cerebal Palsy Dumbness.

But I caught the end of the Swan & Edgar show, they had a watch which had been over allocated, firstly how can that happen, because surely when a item is sold, the computer would take the Amount down, so when it goes down to 0, the operator should have to say sorry we’ve none left. But Peter was still encouraging viewers to order it.

Then after there was a Beldray scrubbing brush, or as Peter called them BelRay, it was a odd looking thing, basically a electric toothbrush with different heads

Maybe it’s my Cerebal Palsy Dumbness.

But I caught the end of the Swan & Edgar show, they had a watch which had been over allocated, firstly how can that happen, because surely when a item is sold, the computer would take the Amount down, so when it goes down to 0, the operator should have to say sorry we’ve none left. But Peter was still encouraging viewers to order it.

Then after there was a Beldray scrubbing brush, or as Peter called them BelRay, it was a odd looking thing, basically a electric toothbrush with different heads
Given that someone previously said their stock control system removes items from sale if items are placed in online baskets but not 'checked out'/paid for, the only possibility is that the watch is now out of stock through online orders (all stock is in online baskets/paid for) but there are also people calling their phone lines, and given that nearly all calls to their sales department are for items on-air then that could result in 'disappointment' for callers.

However it has been claimed that their call centre can remove item(s) allocated to online orders especially as a lot of people put item(s) in online shopping baskets but never go through the checkout process (I've done that with other retailers and guessing nearly everyone has done that if only to see what postage costs are like), hence 'Check out your baskets' of course, though I would have thought there would usually be a 'timeout' process whereby items are placed back in stock if items remain unpaid for after a while.

Given that someone previously said their stock control system removes items from sale if items are placed in online baskets but not 'checked out'/paid for, the only possibility is that the watch is now out of stock through online orders (all stock is in online baskets/paid for) but there are also people calling their phone lines, and given that nearly all calls to their sales department are for items on-air then that could result in 'disappointment' for callers.

However it has been claimed that their call centre can remove item(s) allocated to online orders especially as a lot of people put item(s) in online shopping baskets but never go through the checkout process (I've done that with other retailers and guessing nearly everyone has done that if only to see what postage costs are like), hence 'Check out your baskets' of course, though I would have thought there would usually be a 'timeout' process whereby items are placed back in stock if items remain unpaid for after a while.
IW's 'stock control system' is most likely an Excel spreadsheet being updated by a stockroom apprentice ...

Sorry I need to say this again, caught some of the S&E show last night with Peter S and the brand guy who looks like an extra from Only Fools & Horses. Those watches look like plastic. They look cheap (yes I know they are but you get what I'm saying, IW would have us believe they're worth hundreds if not more.) And do they not realise, from a brand perspective, it does nothing but cheapen the whole experience by constantly bleating on about £70 free gifts.

Peter S only seems to have one presenting technique when selling watches. Shout, constantly. Mention the words 'automatic' and 'Milanesey' as often as possible. Shout, constantly.

I did laugh when he said 'Trust me on this, right' and I thought 'wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you' ;)

In 10-20 years time you'll be lucky to get a tenner for it and i'm being deadly serious here.
There is absolutely nothing special about Gamages watches that are going to increase their value or be worth a collector of older watches being interested in it in the future.
They are just cheap generic Chinese watches, produced for these recently formed shyster brands trying to make a quick killing by taking advantage of the resurgence in interest in watch collecting from uninformed buyers.
At least when you buy them direct from China, they charge you the true value, unlike the low life scum businessmen (actually they don't deserve to be called that, con artists is more appropriate) in this country and West in general, that are just out to rip off customers. ;)
Totally agree. If we are completely honest, I’d be a little shocked if it was still going in ten years’ time. None of my Chinese mechanisms is, and our local watchmaker simply said she couldn’t get parts and if she could they would vastly exceed the value of the watch.

Clawley it's a £1500-£2000 watch any day of the week.

So why you selling it at £180?

And who in their right mind is paying £2000 for a watch with an NH35 in it.:rolleyes:
This has to be one of the biggest red flags to viewers. If people are buying products knowing fine well the price they've paid is around what the thing is worth in retail terms, fine. However, I suspect quite a few will be thinking they've grabbed a genuine bargain, saving hundreds if not thousands.

Isn't it amazing these channels bring us product after product after product at ridiculously low prices. It must be true, cause the presenters are genuinely shocked at the prices, every ... single ... time.

When you think about it, they should register themselves as charities, given they are evidently selling almost everything at cost or a loss.

<sarcastic mode off>

Totally agree. If we are completely honest, I’d be a little shocked if it was still going in ten years’ time. None of my Chinese mechanisms is, and our local watchmaker simply said she couldn’t get parts and if she could they would vastly exceed the value of the watch.
Jealous, eh?!?

I've bought 5 x S&E and 5 x Gamages watches over the past couple of years, average price £129.99. My plan is to put them all on eBay in the year 2035 and I'm confident each will net me minimum hundreds of thousands EACH. I have complete faith and trust in what Field snr and the presenters say about the current and future value of these pieces.

There are a lot of mugs on this forum, but I ain't one of 'em!

;)

Latest posts

Back