Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter Simon was reminiscing about his supposed friendship and working relationship with the late Tommy Cooper on the ITV Sodastream show last night. As usual this consisted of vague references, with no specific details that could be verified.

There is a definite patttern when Peter Simon reflects on his 'showbuisness' past: a name or event will be mentioned, there will be a generalised sentimental 'memory', but there will never be anything substantial that could be confirmed by research. I once heard him talk about his time in Las Vegas, implying that he was appearing as some sort of act. A friend who is something of an encyclopedia on the history of Vegas and its many artists, was quick to give his verdict on Peter Simon's Las Vegas appearances: the name Peter Simon had never once appeared in all his years of research.

I would suggest that Peter Simon's reflections on showbusiness are, for the most part, a complete fantasy, designed to create a mythology around his past, and act as a useful filler when he's not spouting lies about the products he's selling.

Peter Simon was reminiscing about his supposed friendship and working relationship with the late Tommy Cooper on the ITV Sodastream show last night. As usual this consisted of vague references, with no specific details that could be verified.

There is a definite patttern when Peter Simon reflects on his 'showbuisness' past: a name or event will be mentioned, there will be a generalised sentimental 'memory', but there will never be anything substantial that could be confirmed by research. I once heard him talk about his time in Las Vegas, implying that he was appearing as some sort of act. A friend who is something of an encyclopedia on the history of Vegas and its many artists, was quick to give his verdict on Peter Simon's Las Vegas appearances: the name Peter Simon had never once appeared in all his years of research.

I would suggest that Peter Simon's reflections on showbusiness are, for the most part, a complete fantasy, designed to create a mythology around his past, and act as a useful filler when he's not spouting lies about the products he's selling.
Peter has also alluded to a relationship with the late comedian Dave Allen. He used to say that all the details of his rumbustious showbiz career would be revealed in his 'book'.
There is no book of course.

He has alluded to a friendship with the late comedian Dave Allen , and also promised that details of his rumbustious showbiz career would be revealed in his 'book'.
Don't hold your breath.

I watched over an hour of that show in disbelief. Not only (Christ I'm beginning to sound like him now!) did he infer he'd worked with the legendary Tommy Cooper, but he actually said he used to do the club circuits with Tommy, Jimmy Tarbuck and Kenny Lynch.

Now bearing in mind Tommy Cooper died in April 1984 when Pete was 21, it obviously must have been previous to this. The only claim to fame he'd had at that point was a brief spell on Junior Showtime 9 years earlier.

So he could have been talking about a period between the late 1970's and early 80's. Throughout that period up until Tommy Cooper's death, those three were legends of entertainment, three of the biggest stars the UK had at that point and any one of those three would have been the headline act wherever they were playing. And yet Peter Simon, our Dirty Pete, said last night that he followed Tommy Cooper after his act to complete silence (that part I can believe). The only way I can see Peter Simon following Tommy Cooper on stage is with a brush and shovel. Born bullshitter.

Peter has also alluded to a relationship with the late comedian Dave Allen. He used to say that all the details of his rumbustious showbiz career would be revealed in his 'book'.
There is no book of course.

He has alluded to a friendship with the late comedian Dave Allen , and also promised that details of his rumbustious showbiz career would be revealed in his 'book'.
Don't hold your breath.
Well last night he sent his regards to Stanley Baxter although he stopped short of calling him a friend. Maybe he just used to borrow Stanley's old frocks!

I think PS watches old Sunday night at the palladium, or big night with the stars and imagines himself being the compare, or a version of Bruce Forsyth, who thought he was Sammy Davis Jr. He's delusional. He'll retire to one of those showbiz homes and tell anyone who'll listen how big he was during the war, 😁

PS never appeared on Sunday Night at the London Palladium. The dates don't match, plus even though some episodes have been wiped, every episode with each guest is easily searchable online these days so he's only trying to fool the easily fooled.

He did however appear in one Children's Royal Variety Performance in 1987 which he's mentioned a few hundred times (different to the proper Royal Variety Performance later in the year which he's never appeared in). Now 1987 would have been peak Double Dare Peter Simon, throwing gunge everywhere, slipping on gunge, getting covered in gunge. Now that's true variety!

See China doll from Elizabeth Grant comparing EG sales with a Boots store to show how they can have such good prices, she asked a sales assistant friend how many skin sets they had sold in a week, 20, while EG at a recent promotion on IW sold 13,000.

Maybe she should compare like for like, ie IW is available on TV across the whole of the UK, while one Boots store isn't, now if you compare all boots stores which would cover the same population, then if every Boots store sold 20 skin kits in a week, then Boots in the UK would have sold over 46,000 sets.

See China doll from Elizabeth Grant comparing EG sales with a Boots store to show how they can have such good prices, she asked a sales assistant friend how many skin sets they had sold in a week, 20, while EG at a recent promotion on IW sold 13,000.

Maybe she should compare like for like, ie IW is available on TV across the whole of the UK, while one Boots store isn't, now if you compare all boots stores which would cover the same population, then if every Boots store sold 20 skin kits in a week, then Boots in the UK would have sold over 46,000 sets.
China Doll is that Mrs Botox 2022

Let me say this first of all. People, whether buying for themselves or a gift, can obviously buy whatever they want. And budget is often a consideration, we get that.

However, I must admit, if I was buying beauty stuff for the lady in my life e.g. birthday or xmas, I'd be more inclined to buy either the brand I know she swears by or, failing that, a well known brand at the prestigious end of the scale.

Might EG be just as good, as in the actual product inside the tub? Yes, of course. However it's often to do with so much more than that. This is why global brands ARE global brands, because of years of heavy investment in marketing, backed up by a decent product.

It comes back to the scene from 'The Office' where David Brent buys a Sergio Georgini jacket, attempting to emulate the cool regional manager who wears an Armani jacket. Might the Sergio Georgini product be as good? Yes. For a 10th of the price? Yes. Okay unlikely but you get my point.

But which would you rather have?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Rob Locke (with an e) has left IW?

I used to enjoy Rob’s late night banter on ITV but he hasn’t been seen in weeks. And furthermore, he no longer presents the collectables show with Gary, that’s twice now he’s been absent.

Rob and Gary were once inseparable. So to see the collectables show being aired without them together must mean Rob’s flew the nest.

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Rob Locke (with an e) has left IW?

I used to enjoy Rob’s late night banter on ITV but he hasn’t been seen in weeks. And furthermore, he no longer presents the collectables show with Gary, that’s twice now he’s been absent.

Rob and Gary were once inseparable. So to see the collectables show being aired without them together must mean Rob’s flew the nest.
I saw him a couple of weeks ago presenting a carpet washing machine with Simon Lies. But that's the only time I've seen him in the four weeks since I've been able to watch IW again (issue where I couldn't watch live TV). I hope he hasn't left as he might be a tit but he's a better tit than some of the rest.

Reg Varney is saying Top Gear is the brand of Waterless Wash and wax no it isnt

It's Assured Products that is selling it, neither the BBC or "Top Gear" are involved with it being on IW.
I suppose a better description would have been Assured Products, the manufacturer, and seller of this waterless wax, have licensed (Paid BBC Worldwide, who own the trademark, royalties) to use the 'Top Gear' branding/name, same as they did with other waterless wax which they sold featuring the Renault, Williams, etc names, and the same as they do with RHS, Spear & Jackson & AA products.

My name is Shaun BTW was doing the graveyard shift with Swan & Edgar watches, you know that brand that uses another companies history and heritage for as their own.

Seemingly they use the same packaging as £10,000 watches. :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It really is amazing how easy and comfortable the presenters and guests on IW are with lying through their teeth, and spouting nonsense about the watches and brands that feature on their watch shows.

Think i would die of shock if they ever have an honest and balanced watch show. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back