Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simon Peters appears to be one of those people who likes to pretend be years older than he really is for comedic effect, presumably? He was a kid on Junior Showtime in the early ‘70s, so he is far from pushing 70 as he was spouting the other day. Late 50s would be my guess. 110 years in shopping television is another one of his fantasies he wheels out on a regular basis, which would actually make him around 145 years old.
He’s always made out he’s older than he is, even on Bid. He looks much older than late 50s, which he is.

Oh must be a mistake with the elife bike price malarkey again, Peter says when he came in this afternoon was £700 and worth every penny. Spoke to someone called steve and he said they are £600 now not £700, but now the web sites gone a further 10% lower to £539.99. Price genuinely being checked, folks on the phone giving grief as Peter speaking.

Wonder where the £700 came from, that Peter is talking about, and why are they phoning they were selling them on the lunchtime show for £539.99, and the same price on the show yesterday, so everybody knows that is the correct price.

And Timbo playing along.

They are all con artists, even the those that appear to be more honest, nicer and pleasanter than the others. ;)
It's weird (from the point of view of the channels and managing their output) that they do this i.e. the faux presenter/guest surprise at prices. Surely they must know that some viewers watch quite a lot of their output, so to do this sort of thing time and time again just makes a mockery of it. In other words, it's SO easy to see through their tactics.

I'd be interested to know if the majority of viewers that buy from these channels see through this stuff and buy because the price suits them, not because they think they're getting a 'genuine' bargain after bargain.

If you watch the likes of TJC it gets almost laughable. Presenters shaking their head in disbelief at the price of every ... single ... product.

Richard Mire is at it again with lies with another Chinese made generic drone he says have features that are £800 but same drone on ebay available in uk for an average £50.00 with more batteries and same features. :giggle:
Ok they cost more £££, but for the prices he bleats on about, you get drones that have features like 4k 60fps cameras. I wonder what the actual spec and quality of the 'HD' cameras is on his drones??? Certainly the footage shown during the presentations looks pretty pants, and it's a brightly lit studio. Be interesting to see the quality of footage from an outdoor shoot.

How DARE you!

I watch IW due to its genuineness, its honesty and its overall values of integrity. There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING to pick holes in!!

;)
Integrity and honesty above all:cool: So Bordell making big claims on the Duxot Swiss movement Claro.
FYI

CLARO Watch SA has been operating in Hong Kong and Greater China for over half a century and it has developed a solid network of relationships within the region. In consideration of this, CLARO made a strategic decision to re-engineer an existing calibre that was readily available from the market. After carefully evaluating a number of options, CLARO selected a traditional, long-established calibre from the Far East that was originally developed by a Swiss group.
Yep, honest lad is Bordell:ROFLMAO:

Sally says if we don't get a good night sleep, we eat more and put on weight, don't function well, more emotional and angry.

That explains a lot, obviously IW presenters don't get a good nights sleep then. ;):ROFLMAO:

Which is kinda strange as they all own and sleep on IW mattresses, you know the greatest mattresses money can buy.

Integrity and honesty above all:cool: So Bordell making big claims on the Duxot Swiss movement Claro.
FYI

CLARO Watch SA has been operating in Hong Kong and Greater China for over half a century and it has developed a solid network of relationships within the region. In consideration of this, CLARO made a strategic decision to re-engineer an existing calibre that was readily available from the market. After carefully evaluating a number of options, CLARO selected a traditional, long-established calibre from the Far East that was originally developed by a Swiss group.
Yep, honest lad is Bordell:ROFLMAO:

Yeah starts life as a sea-gull ST16, disassembled, shipped to Switzerland, re-assembled with a couple of small new components and hey presto, you have the Cl 888 vintage Swiss movement. :ROFLMAO:

It's weird (from the point of view of the channels and managing their output) that they do this i.e. the faux presenter/guest surprise at prices. Surely they must know that some viewers watch quite a lot of their output, so to do this sort of thing time and time again just makes a mockery of it. In other words, it's SO easy to see through their tactics.

I'd be interested to know if the majority of viewers that buy from these channels see through this stuff and buy because the price suits them, not because they think they're getting a 'genuine' bargain after bargain.

If you watch the likes of TJC it gets almost laughable. Presenters shaking their head in disbelief at the price of every ... single ... product.

It all goes back to the viewer demographics, i doubt some of the viewers remember what they had for their breakfast let alone what the presenters said last week. ;)

Somebody emailed the studio the other night during a watch show, they even had a graphic of it, was complimenting another great show, and the viewer had bought a watch, and Peter and the Guest had been hilarious together, fun viewing. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

I know we watch for a good laugh, but that's because of the moronic & idiotic things he does/says, not because of his comedic talents as this viewer was trying to infer. :rolleyes:

I can't remember the product (probably watches) but a few nights back Peter S states ...

I'm definitely buying one of these!

A couple of mins later, same product, Peter S states ...

I'm really tempted to buy one of these!

MMmmm, which is it? It's almost like they're making it all up.

;)
I saw that. He was doing a Mike Mason…..‘please don’t buy this watch, please don’t buy it…….. I want one’

It was a watch, don’t know which one other than it was blue.

Yawn 🥱

Sally flogging the thermo fushion jacket/coat, everybody at IW loves them, once you wear this you'll never go back, obviously meaning you won't be wearing a normal jacket/coat again.

Strange she doesn't mention that when she's flogging other Jackets on IW, ie Regatta, woodland leathers, and more recently some terry toweling looking thing, normally it's it's all about how many jackets/coats she's bought for herself and others.

Sally flogging the thermo fushion jacket/coat, everybody at IW loves them, once you wear this you'll never go back, obviously meaning you won't be wearing a normal jacket/coat again.

Strange she doesn't mention that when she's flogging other Jackets on IW, ie Regatta, woodland leathers, and more recently some terry toweling looking thing, normally it's it's all about how many jackets/coats she's bought for herself and others.
She made up an excruciating story , which she hadn't thought through -some nonsense about her son getting in the car and feeling cold ,then her wrapping him the heated jacket and it warming him up.
I would be surprised if it would deliver heat in that configuration - in any event it was just BS.

She made up an excruciating story , which she hadn't thought through -some nonsense about her son getting in the car and feeling cold ,then her wrapping him the heated jacket and it warming him up.
I would be surprised if it would deliver heat in that configuration - in any event it was just BS.
To be fair to her, I could believe it.

I found myself essentially trapped overnight in some local woods a few weeks back due to a really bad storm. Luckily, I was wearing my heated jacket bought from IW. Not only did it keep me warm, but I wrapped it around a wild chicken I caught ... cooked it in no time, MMmmm, tasty!!!

Latest posts

Back