Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s the Backlounge Inversion Chair…Oh dear.. somebody appears to have expired on the second inversion chair. Oh no, they’ve moved. I mean oh good, they’ve moved. Check with your GP, she says. Have you tried to find a GP to even check you are alive lately?? Let alone to ask about inversion..Back to Den..”My name is Den, and I am sensational…””This is ageless - like me.” Please God no more..

I don’t mean to be rude (well, I do really), but the female watch expert (that’s expert in inverted commas), on with Ryan currently is so incredibly poor. BS aplenty, but virtually nothing of any factual benefit. Apparently, she used to work for Garrard. I’m assuming that’s Garrard Turntables? I mean… she talks a good game, but is playing a very poor match.

I don’t think Grant suffered fools and he was surrounded by them on there 😂

I was bought an older iPhone but I miss my Android and will go back when I can.
I don't know about that, his Instagram certainly makes HIM look like the fool.

I don’t mean to be rude (well, I do really), but the female watch expert (that’s expert in inverted commas), on with Ryan currently is so incredibly poor. BS aplenty, but virtually nothing of any factual benefit. Apparently, she used to work for Garrard. I’m assuming that’s Garrard Turntables? I mean… she talks a good game, but is playing a very poor match.
They were reminiscing, he is the one that auditioned her

They were reminiscing, he is the one that auditioned her

Considering the watches he claims to have bought and have in his collection, then that would explain why she got the job. Considering he knows sod all about watches, so if he's auditioning anyone, with the slightest bit more knowledge of watches than him, they would come across as a horological expert in his eyes. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

Can only think that given her performances and lack of knowledge, she must have been employed as a cleaner. ;)

She only seems to know enough to work as a pretendy expert on selly telly, certainly not enough to work in any decent high street Jewelers, let alone the Queen's Jewelers. :ROFLMAO:

She made up an excruciating story , which she hadn't thought through -some nonsense about her son getting in the car and feeling cold ,then her wrapping him the heated jacket and it warming him up.
I would be surprised if it would deliver heat in that configuration - in any event it was just BS.

That terry toweling jacket is on this afternoon with Sally, wonder if she's gone back to it, after all she did state, once you've worn a heated jacket you won't go back. Although i've a feeling the heated jacket will be forgotten and this terry toweling jacket will be the best thing since sliced bread and she's bought it for herself and others and we must buy it too. ;)

Guys, I am confused! I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable answer to all this.

A few nights back Mike M was selling the radiators and politely warned us they were going to go, website in meltdaaaaaaan etc.

But ...... they were still selling them last night?!?!?

I know it won't be this, but it's almost as if they talk complete and utter BS during their presentations.

What interests me is this ‘down to single figures’ routine they constantly harangue us with. The KEY fact amongst the factless is how many of whatever they are hawking did they have in the first place. Watches seems to be the main culprit. “Only two left,” they say. But did they only ever have two in the first place?? If so, that is a both a misleading and a manipulative use of playing with words. I think they should be forced to say exactly how many they had in the first place compared to how many they have now. That would give us, the shopper, the facts we need to suggest that something IS actually selling very quickly, and we better act now if we want it. Rather than… they may have had just two six months ago and they still have just two now?

What interests me is this ‘down to single figures’ routine they constantly harangue us with. The KEY fact amongst the factless is how many of whatever they are hawking did they have in the first place. Watches seems to be the main culprit. “Only two left,” they say. But did they only ever have two in the first place?? If so, that is a both a misleading and a manipulative use of playing with words. I think they should be forced to say exactly how many they had in the first place compared to how many they have now. That would give us, the shopper, the facts we need to suggest that something IS actually selling very quickly, and we better act now if we want it. Rather than… they may have had just two six months ago and they still have just two now?
I was watching QVC last week (it may have been a Culinary Concepts show but my mind is fuzzy right now so could be mistaken) and the presenter actually stated the starting figure and how many they had sold within the hour. I've heard them do it quite a bit on there. QVC may not be perfect but they're a hell of a lot more professional than the Ideal World shower of shite.

I was watching QVC last week (it may have been a Culinary Concepts show but my mind is fuzzy right now so could be mistaken) and the presenter actually stated the starting figure and how many they had sold within the hour. I've heard them do it quite a bit on there. QVC may not be perfect but they're a hell of a lot more professional than the Ideal World shower of shite.
The likes of TJC do likewise. They show how many sold and remaining. Ok you might argue 'are the figures true though?' which we'll never know, however if we assume they are (true) it puts IW to shame with all the guff spoken around this aspect.

Sneakily with the radiators I don’t think the bit where Peter V sticks the thermometer in the radiator is live, sometimes the word repeat appears, one the other week said filmed before Covid, so when sometimes a radiator is claimed as new, the radiator what you see being demoed isnt

I've been off sick from work today (side effects from Covid booster vaccine). My manager told me to "stay in bed watching rubbish TV" so I saw a bit of Ideal World 🤣. I saw a bit of Sally this morning selling fashion, she was referring to how quickly an order from IW came and said "it's like Amazon Prime"! Love the comparison. Saw someone on later, don't know his name, he was explaining a type of flexi pay really clearly. Saw Creepy Crawley a couple of weeks back being equally clear. Shame Dirty Peter can't do the same...

Miss precision fair bumming up her CV. :ROFLMAO:

And her very first expert opinion of the night is a load of crap, Morphic didn't design the drum mechanism as she's inferring, Red Star watches did, Morphic just copied it, like a load of other Chinese made waches you'll find on Ali at a fraction of the price.

Can't wait for the "professional diver approved" Axwell watches later, diver approved watches with compass bezels. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back