Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That brand new buckle has been done for security, so secure, he can't open it 🤣 I have several Steinhart Watches and these mathey Tissots are just the same, except Steinhart uses ETA 2824 or sellita movements and better quality 😎

Yep, it's a nice looking watch, but there a quite a few alternatives out there with similar movements (The 505 is from Ronda's affordable range, not even one of their top quartz movements) for the same price or like you says with better movements for a wee bit more.

Den was at it earlier flogging coats, said snow and freezing temps was forecast and only days away.
Cold weather? She doesn't know what she's talking about, I'm not cold (but I'm on holiday in Tenerife🤣). The hotel TV doesn't have Ideal World but there's good wi-fi so I can keep up to date on what is going on in the world of Selly Telly. If you're interested it's 25 degrees in the daytime!!

What's funny is when their flogging the ceramic heaters or treadmills then it because none of want to be outside in the cold, yet with the hot tub, they're saying there's nothing better than being out in the snow and cold with family & friends in a hot tub. :ROFLMAO:
They wouldn't want to be in a hot tub with my family🤣🤣

Ah well obviously their request for emails to the studio are only for positive emails from the ignorant happy clappy crowd, Kev's just repeated his claim that Vostok Europe are the only company in the world to PVD the back of a watch. :rolleyes:
Well they read the one from Mark 🤣

Cold weather? She doesn't know what she's talking about, I'm not cold (but I'm on holiday in Tenerife🤣). The hotel TV doesn't have Ideal World but there's good wi-fi so I can keep up to date on what is going on in the world of Selly Telly. If you're interested it's 25 degrees in the daytime!!

It's a sweltering 9 degrees here at the moment. :)

I wonder where they keep them all? All those desirable, great value treadmills they never sell out of? I can picture hundreds of thousands of them lining the abandoned streets of Varosha or Pripyat covered in dust or some other more worrying coating
With Peter and Voldemort walking past, pulling their ceramic radiators on a string 😂

Kev also loves to say "listen to this" as though he's away to say something really important, but it's usually a let down.

Oh Kev just asked Peter and I assume the audience, what other company in the world PVD plates the back of their watch (Mason's Almaz) rose gold like Vostok Europe, name them he said, Peter said Vostok Europe, well just emailed the answer to IW as I have a Frederique Constant with a rose Gold plated back, hopefully Kev will acknowledge this fact. ;)
:)
Yep. I have a Raymond Weil with a PVD back (had it at least 10 years as well, so Kev - not only is what you say not so, but it hasn’t been so for a very long time).
I also have a couple of Dreyfuss (part of the Rotary group) chrono watches with both PVD backs and ETA 7750s in them. By what I hear on IW, these aren’t the mid-range workhorse chronographs I thought they were (basically the ETA Valjoux 7750 was designed as a non column-wheel chronograph, to save on cost, and even had some plastic components in early models, again to save cost). Oh no. These are ‘luxury’ timepieces, impossible to buy any more (except from Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Longines etc etc). And obviously, the PVD backs must be a figment of my imagination.
I was given a different Dreyfuss when I left work, with a 2824-2 in it and a hunter case - the back of this is also rose gold PVD.
I do wish these ’experts’ would actually know something about their products…

Well Shona may have had an eye operation to help with her dodgy eyesight, shame she didn't get an operation to cure her of her conitis. She's back with the whole never seen anything else with a guarantee that long etc when doing the My Pillow, which has a 10 year guarantee, show last night, yet a few hours later, in the early morning show, she was flogging the Dormeo with a 15 year guarantee. Aye nothing changes.

And this morning we have Alan Ennis and Hayley going crazy over the E-Cloths £25 for 8, don't know how many times they've mentioned how marvelous, super they are as the remove 99% of bacteria as though it's doing something special that no other microfiber cloth does. Wonder if they know that even their cheap microfiber cloths 40 for £15 do exactly the same thing. ;)

Yep. I have a Raymond Weil with a PVD back (had it at least 10 years as well, so Kev - not only is what you say not so, but it hasn’t been so for a very long time).
I also have a couple of Dreyfuss (part of the Rotary group) chrono watches with both PVD backs and ETA 7750s in them. By what I hear on IW, these aren’t the mid-range workhorse chronographs I thought they were (basically the ETA Valjoux 7750 was designed as a non column-wheel chronograph, to save on cost, and even had some plastic components in early models, again to save cost). Oh no. These are ‘luxury’ timepieces, impossible to buy any more (except from Tissot, Certina, Hamilton, Longines etc etc). And obviously, the PVD backs must be a figment of my imagination.
I was given a different Dreyfuss when I left work, with a 2824-2 in it and a hunter case - the back of this is also rose gold PVD.
I do wish these ’experts’ would actually know something about their products…

You know, it kinda confirms what i've believed all the time, all this he's been been in the watch trade for 40 years, that he spouts is just a load of rubbish.

When you listen to him speaking about movements, cases and finishing, he sounds like some newbie watch collector with a limited knowledge of horology and what's available out there and who has just learned about this/that particular information and it's really exciting and ground breaking for him, it's all new and a wonder to him, why he goes overboard when he's describing it, but for folks who been collecting watches for a lot longer, it's all old info. It also seems that what he's learning or what he knows is limited to what he's picked up from the few brands that he's selling, he seems to know very little outwith of these brands.

It’s the ceramic radiators scareathon time. “Well, I don’t want to scare you..but have you ever seen a frozen solid old grannie discovered in an icy room after six months?” “Well, I am not trying to panic you, but do you know what it was like to freeze to death in Captain Scott’s tent?” And so on…

Apparently the new ice age is due to start on November 26th on the IW weather service. BBC says 5 degrees and a moderate breeze…

Shaun is getting in his words "emotional" about a Vostok Europe watch and as ever he REALLY may buy this watch.........before Mason buys it.

Kev has interjected to inform us this watch has been at the bottom of the North Sea........Brilliant thanks for that wee piece of info Kev i'm sold ⌚

I saw him on one coffee show with Mason and Mason was saying to him that they were getting a lot of emails asking if he was single. :confused: Kinda says a lot about IW's coffee connoisseurs. ;):ROFLMAO:
I caught a few minutes of that show. When I saw the new presenter my first thoughts were, It's Mr Bean selling a Beem coffee machine (the brand name). I suspect Mason was having a laugh when he suggested that he was stirring up the passions of certain viewers.

Only on IW would they describe the watch in the on screen graphics as 24ct Tiger Dial and the Expert say the tiger is 24ct gold lacquered and then hold up a certificate from Mathey-Tissot which says the Tiger is 18ct gold plated and an other part of the dial is stone lacquered.

Do they ever check the details of what they are selling. ;):ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back