Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt these are in the same league as Grand Seiko 😁

Yeah i was editing my post while you were posting.

Things like this just show what lack of watch knowledge Reynolds has, he's on about them launching the hybrid quartz 3 years ago as though it was new then and now this movement again as though the technology is new, both technologies are not new, ok the movement is new but the tech behind it, ie mechanical automatic quartz isn't, spring drive been around for over 20 years.

I hope they actually tell folks that like Solar watches and contrary to what they are saying, the battery inside those watches will need replacing. Probably similar battery as used in Solar watches and Seiko advise they should last for 8/10 years before they won't charge anymore and need replacing, oh and it won't be a £1.50 battery from ASDA you'll need. ;)

Email question - "what sort of maintenance is needed for this watch and how often?"

Kev showing all his expert knowledge - "em, eh, i've got a, (pause) you've got me on that one, em i'm going to answer that tomorrow, gonna phone a friend."

Watch Expert my arse. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: What's the point of him being there to offer expertise when he hasn't a clue about the product.:rolleyes:

omg the dreadful drone guy is back, sprouting utter bullpoo

apparenty you don’t get cameras on a drone unless you pay 800,900, 1000 pounds !!!

Laugh is a few weeks ago they were saying it was the last chance this year to buy a drone and no more till after xmas, yet he's been on multiple times since with drone.

LMAO Kev you're a muppet. :ROFLMAO:

Ian emailed in asking if this new movement is like Seiko's Kinetic movement, which is a marriage of automatic and quartz in the same movement, actually very similar to the "new never been seen before movements" that been around for years.

Kev - "Answer is no it isn't, that was a different system, this is a self generating, it hasn't got the rotor arm that you're all thinking of to power up and give you kinetic workings so to speak." waffles on about emailing details of how it works to anybody that emails in and wants them if he's allowed, then continues "This is something completely different, it's an electric, it's got a (sounded like pizza, think he means Piezo) generating electric system, it's got a storage system, and it distributes the power to the movement to keep perfect timekeeping."

Yes it has, although Seiko call it an oscillating weight, everybody usually calls it the rotor or winding rotor.

Ok so folks can see what they all look like .

Kev's new Seiko Hybrid series Pic & Video

1.jpg

Seiko Kinetic movement

5M43.jpg

seemingly Seiko have stopped producing Kinetic watches, wonder if they've launched these 'Hybrid' movements for 3rd party brands, in a way, they have the tech but not going to be using it in their own watches so make use of it by selling it to others.

Just up and so happy this Monday morning.:)

So happy that last night the collective of IW, Peter Simon and Kev Reynolds managed to make even bigger fools of themselves than they normal do. Last night show should go down as a classic, a reputation killer, especially for Kev Reynolds, should be renamed 'Dumb and Dumber, IW's Dynamic Dumbos'. Peter Simon and Kev Reynolds, two alleged giants of the watch industry, with over 70 years between them in the watch Industry, spent the majority of 1 hours and 30 minute (Mason also did 45 mins in later show) talking about the VEareOne Hybrid Automatic Watch, and especially it's movement, and uttered so much garbage it became painful to watch, brand new technology never before seen in a watch movement, you're the first ever ever to see and own a hybrid automatic quartz movement, is the talk of the watch Industry, doesn't have a rotor blah blah. :ROFLMAO:

Have to say a special thank you to the IW employee, deserves a medal, that unwittingly fed Peter Simon that Kinetic movement email question from the viewer Ian and the question on maintaining the watch from another viewer, in one fell swoop you managed to destroy years of careful planning/story telling which was meant to have viewers believe that Kev Reynolds and the folks at Ideal World are very knowledgeable about watches. Those two questions should have absolutely knackered any confidence/respect that IW's watch collectors have that Kev Reynolds has 40 years experience in the watch industry and knows what he's talking about, he made an absolute fool of himself last night. If IW's watch collectors still believe and trust what he says then they are bigger fools than even i thought. His story telling about the procedure for COSC certification & often repeated stories on Hybrid quartz movements (meca-quartz) are bad enough and should have raised huge red flags against his so called experience in the watch Industry, but last night was the nail in the coffin for his reputation, he's nothing but a charlatan.

Mason on the later show said this watch and movement would give the wearer bragging rights, I just hope to god buyers don't go about bragging to their friends and repeating the utter crap they heard last night. :eek::ROFLMAO:

PS

BTW This post is not aimed at Vostok Europe or fans of their watches, if viewers like the VE watches and want to buy them, fine, nothing wrong with the watches, but I hope they do their own research on the watches and take whatever IW says about them with a huge pinch of salt.;)

Well tonight it's Shaun by the way with Kevin, so let's see if he's learned anything more about his watches 😁 Shaun's a collector you know, he'll want one, if there's any left 😡😎

By the looks of it he's has a lot to learn about his watches. Nothing worse than a salesman trying to flog you a product and trying to pretend they know what they are talking about but in reality they know very little about it.
Strangely for someone with a watch collection you very rarely see 'my name is Shaun btw' wearing a watch, the only watches i see him wearing is advertising one he's flogging later in the day on a show.
Maybe he'll buy two, one for him and one for his 'mam'. ;):ROFLMAO:
Strange how he's always mentioning buying stuff for his mam but he never seems to mention buying stuff for his hubby. :unsure:

Do they really need to have Voll..Vohl…Vel..that Irish 13th century technology expert in as a vacuum expert? Do you even need a vacuum expert to pick up rice particles from a rug? They would be better off with an elderly howling Collie shedding hair and other back end items all over the place - and that’s just for the technology shows.

Oh well, obviously hasn't learned anything overnight, still the world's first hybrid automatic. :rolleyes:

I suppose he can't change direction as it would make him look bad after what he said last night, so continuing along the same lines and hoping most IW viewers are oblivious to the truth.

Kev says it was a unanimous vote/choice to pick the PX84A movement, you know the first hybrid automatic in the world.

The 1st vote.

Seiko NH72 - 28.4%
Seiko PX84A - 25.5%
Seiko YN84 - 23.5%
Seiko YM8J - 18.7%
Citizen 6S11 - 3.9%

2nd vote between top two

Seiko PX84A - 55.6%
Seiko NH72 - 44.4%

Maybe unanimous means something different in Reynold's world but it don't look like unanimous choice to me, especially as it was only second after the first vote.

What i always find strange about the VE polls which Kev claims 200,000 took part in, if true then 99.999% of those taking part in the poll don't buy the watches they vote for.

Remember the 1st VEareOne, limited edition of 600, and you can still buy the last ones online at certain retailers, and 183,000 took part in that vote according to Reynolds last year.

On the new VEareOne, not sure exactly what the linited numbers are, but Vostok Europe stated on their facebook page just after the votes had finished that the limited number would based on pre-orders placed from the distributors by the 14th June. On 22nd June VE said they had received, 798 set order from 14 Countries (various sets are, ie, 1 watch in small dry box, 1 watch in XL dry box and 2 watches in XL dry box etc), so each watch colour would have a limited edition of 399, total 798 for the two colours. So according to Kev 200,000 voted and 800 pre orders, so 0.4% of those who voted will be buying the watch.:eek:

Looks like a lot of folks are more interested in voting for a watch than buying it. :ROFLMAO:

Shaun - "so kevin, this movement, there's no battery in here."

Kev - "no, there's no battery, right i've been rehearsing this all afternoon, there's a lithium-ion re-chargeable accumulator, and that's what stores the power, the electricity basically."

Really can he not just admit he's got it wrong and tell the viewers it has battery in it. :rolleyes:

"lithium-ion re-chargeable accumulator", is just a posh way of saying re-chargeable battery. :ROFLMAO:

Accumulator is sometimes used just so to avoid confusion with battery type, ie Primary & Secondary Batteries, Primary is your 'one use' throw away battery and Secondary is your re-chargeable Batteries, so they are sometimes called accumulator so you know it's a Secondary (re-chargeable) type battery.

Shaun - "so as ever with an automatic movement, our own physical movement, swinging of the arm, charges up but it's stored in this lithium-ion, what do you call it again?"

Kev - "re-chargeable accumulator."

Shaun - "we've never had this technology before?"

Kev - "no."

Kev obviously is totally ignoring Kinetic watches now even though it's the same technology. Take the Seiko 7D48 kinetic movement, it's a Hybrid automatic quartz movement, it has an MT920 battery inside it to store the power, the MT920 is a lithium-Ion re-chargeable battery. Technical specs and parts for Seiko Kinetic movement in this link.

Oh and I notice today it's got a rotor now. :ROFLMAO:

And he worded things slightly differently tonight, he still saying first hybrid automatic, but then added, "i could be wrong, but as far as i'm aware there isn't another watch with a hybrid automatic out there."

That's his get out from being unable to admit he's wrong, that fact we all heard that email being read out and the Kinetic movement being mentioned and he's still being stubborn just make him look even more stupid.

Ok last post on the subject.

From researching it looks like the PX8 series is just the Seiko 5M8 series Kinetic movements that Seiko used in their own watches and no 3rd party brand had access to till now. The different number is just because Epsom allocate different numbers when selling to 3rd party brands, ie NH35 when Epson sells them but in Seiko watches it's called 4R35 and they're made in different factories. It looks like Seiko Epson are now going to sell the Kinetic movements to 3rd parties but calling them Hybrid Automatics instead of Kinetic, but they're the same thing. Reynolds story with this movement is a bit like the story he had for the Seiko YN movements in a couple of other Vostok Europe watches, ie supposed to be special movements from Seiko Epson and only VE used them, but in fact they were just Orient Movements with, with poorer finishing, and a Seiko Epson branded rotor stuck on them.

The watch on IW has the PX84A has the exact same functions and movement looks almost identical to the 5M84A, ie days function in a semi circle and date at 3 o clock position.

on the Epson site they have:-
PX82A with date, Seiko have 5M82A date Kinetic Movement
PX83A with day/date, Seiko have 5M83A day/date Kinetic movement
PX85A GMT movement, Seiko have a 5M85A GMT kinetic movement.

Oh and Vostok Europe aren't the only folk selling these hybrid automatics, they're on Ali already, even a skeleton version of the PX85A GMT.

Having watched a little bit of yesterday's VEareOne nonsense presentation, surely they will quickly dump the "It's not a battery" nonsense soon if it's merely covering for someone's mistake; after all they treat IW viewers as if they have the collective memory span of goldfish therefore they're free to contradict themselves as many times as they like (y)

Incidentally on the back of the VEareOne watch there's an engraved reference to IW UK so there must have been a special, erm, allocation for Ideal World.

Having watched a little bit of yesterday's VEareOne nonsense presentation, surely they will quickly dump the "It's not a battery" nonsense soon if it's merely covering for someone's mistake; after all they treat IW viewers as if they have the collective memory span of goldfish therefore they're free to contradict themselves as many times as they like (y)

Incidentally on the back of the VEareOne watch there's an engraved reference to IW UK so there must have been a special, erm, allocation for Ideal World.

Think they've sold them all now, so doubt they will appear again much to Reynolds relief. Can't believe the amount of rubbish that was spouted over the VE shows, you could allow a wee bit of latitude for ignorance in the first show, although really poor preparation by Reynolds, but the shows after that no excuse. Reynolds, despite his claim to have worked in the watch industry for decades is pretty ignorant in his watch & movement knowledge and seems to be repeating what he's being to told by others, but whomever is feeding him that info is feeding him incorrect info which he is taking as gospel.

I noticed that too, but the other distributors have even better case backs. Thanks to those all being pre-orders from individuals (unlike Reynolds batch) The Polish one has 'Polska Edycja' Polish Edition on it and will have the buyers name and limited edition number engraved on it too. I know which version of the watch i would rather have and it ain't IW's. ;):ROFLMAO:

zegarki_2021_dekiel_veareone.jpg

Latest posts

Back