Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting times at Ideal Shopping Direct.

They have sold Create and Craft to Hochanda Global Limited.

Makes you wonder the future for IW, it seems IW MD James Martin has left
Apparently Ideal World sales were relatively 'poor' for 2021, presumably made worse by supply problems, and they must still have huge piles of treadmills in their warehouse taking up precious space :)

Hochanda will have to decide whether to rename everything Create and Craft (The Craft Store's a relatively new brand versus Create and Craft which is well-established) and whether or not to keep all the TV channels running which would be expensive for them. Ideal Shopping Direct will continue to run the C&C TV channel for Hochanda in the short term, and it must be nerve-wracking for TV presenters and staff not knowing whether or not they will retain their jobs.

Personally I would have thought closing down the Ideal World TV channel would have been a better option for Ideal Shopping Direct, even if redundancies are very rarely a good thing, though at least Create and Craft presenters won't have to shill Openpay anymore.

Listening to Dave Bradford earlier on Create and Craft. He said I will be as open as I can.

He came out with this week We have merged with the Craft Store, and we are now one company, exciting times for us, more products, more presenters, between the two channels, Nothing is changing you can still join our Craft Club with all the benefits, and you can join theres.

Both channels have different types of clubs, surely make sense to have same club for both channels. He also said they can’t do Flexis during the transitional stage.

was nice to see a presenter spend a couple of minutes without selling stuff and just explaining

Seems to me that C&C is well liked by its audience and community and seems to genuinely have good offerings and fair prices. Especially when it does capped p&p campaigns sometimes shipping heavy packages for little delivery charges.
As for IW, do the decent thing, put it down, put it out of its and our misery!
We nearly got shot of it those years ago when it burned down but did its phoenix impression. Since then it has lost any presenters that felt had any honesty and left us with the 'say anything to sell it' and 'say the opposite tomorrow about a competing product' brigade. I have no sympathy for its demise.

Seems to me that C&C is well liked by its audience and community and seems to genuinely have good offerings and fair prices. Especially when it does capped p&p campaigns sometimes shipping heavy packages for little delivery charges.
We nearly got shot of it those years ago when it burned down but did its phoenix impression. Since then it has lost any presenters that felt had any honesty and left us with the 'say anything to sell it' and 'say the opposite tomorrow about a competing product' brigade. I have no sympathy for its demise.
geez that’s harsh

You should also include the backrooms staff, like buyers, producers, editors & management, as it's obvious a some/a lot of the lies and misinformation is originating from them.

Speaking of lacking honesty
Mason on the black Ohio, who knows all about watches cause he's been selling for years - "if you walked into a shop and saw £1380 and picked it up, you'd think it was money well spent, I've done a lot of watches and i'm feeling nothing but good things from this watch."

Would I heck as like, it's just a big hunk of metal with a bog standard Japanese movement in it, movement which probably cost well under £30 wholesale, as for being 3000mtr water resistant, if you want a 3000mtr watch, you'd be better spending a wee bit more and getting a Zelos Abyss, which is better looking, better finishing and also a better size at 43mm and has a Swiss Sellita movement, an all round better watch and from a brand that DOESN'T hide who they are and doesn't use shysters to spout nonsense about their watches, oh and doesn't use ridiculous RRPs on their web site. ;)

Bordell - "A very bespoke manufacturer, who make watches to military specifications, remember these watches are all made to military specifications, 3,000mtrs is a pretty serious specification."

Solar Time are a "bespoke" manufacturer? get real you numpty. :ROFLMAO:

Question for you Bordell, which military specifications are Solar time building their watches to?
Would be quite interesting to know which military is needing 3000mtr dive watches.

Reynolds back with another World Exclusive tomorrow night.

I assume it's the show pick, the Vostok Europe Ltd Ed Benediktas Vanagas Dakar Legend Black Edition Watch that is the World Exclusive, the rest on the show are definitely not exclusive.

Although not sure why they are claiming it's a World exclusive either. :unsure:

You never know a new management team might change a few things.

Would need need a lot more than a few changes if i was to ever buy from them, needs a complete revamp of the organisations ethos/values and a major overhaul of presenters, guests and the editorial/production/management staff.
Ok a lot of people are quite happy to be lied to, misinformed and conned on a daily basis and still idolise and love IW and their presenters, think this is this weird obsession folks have with celebrities and TV folks where they can do no wrong in some folks eyes, but for me, i'm the opposite, I don't like being lied to or conned, nor do I think companies and their staff should be rewarded for such behaviour nor should they be given a second chance after SO MANY transgressions, especially when they've been repeatedly informed of those transgressions and carried on regardless.

Have to laugh at their latest VTs, promoting their "moving on up", which is a reference to them changing from I think it's channel 23 to 51 on the Freeview EPG. Only only IW does going down the EPG translate into "moving up the the TV listing" and a positive move. :ROFLMAO:

Also no ceramic radiator shows recently either; they must have sold out of them, can't get hold of new stock and the poor warehouse staff keep tripping over treadmills. Though to be fair it appears that the treadmill is now rarely shown this coming week therefore they might have nearly got rid of them all, although we do have the Electricianzzzzzz 'toys' to look forward to on Tuesday evening.

Reynolds - "The YN55 movement inside, a lot of you won't have heard of that movement, it's the latest automatic/mechanical movement from the Seiko group."

Probably a lot won't have heard of the YN55, but most collectors will know by it's original name before Seiko Epson stuck their own rotor on it and called it a YN55 to sell to 3rd party brands, ie it's the Orient F6922 movement, and as i say all Epson did was stick a rotor on it with YN55 and Seiko Epson branding.

Latest posts

Back