Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The sale of C&C and planned changes for IW are interesting. I've said before, longer term, selly telly can't survive in its current format. Younger folk (future customers) watch less and less 'sit down' scheduled telly, preferring to watch on mobile devices as and when they feel like it. So it's no surprise expanding online forms part of the strategy.

I've not watched IW for weeks and I bet they're still flogging the same old stuff, fronted by cringe presenters.

With the advent of Amazon and other online giants, why the f*** anyone still wants to buy from places like this goodness only knows. As their older audience start to depart this world, they'll increasingly be up against it.

I remember (Peter Sherlock?) perched on a barstool saying with a smug look on his face 'we're not going anywhere' on Bid ... a few weeks later they shut up shop ;)

Totally agree.

While up to now the online market has had a steady growth and the effect has been mainly felt on the high street, i think the coronavirus situation has led to many, many more discovering the benefits of online shopping and with the infinite choice, and as you say with viewing habits changing and the decline in viewing of linear channels, then it's probably only a matter of time before the TV shopping channels suffer a fatal blow (similar to many well known names on the high street) from the decline in viewership & growth of online shopping.

Although IW have an online presence, I have to say their market place is a very, very poor effort in comparison to the likes of Amazon and unless they improve very dramatically then they will have to be happy will a smaller slice of the retail market than they have at the moment.

Although there is one benefit to the hoped demise of the IW linear channel, the dishonest shysters at IW will finally being removed from TV screens in folks homes, something which people like OFCOM & ASA should have done long ago. IMO being out of a job is the very least some of these lying con artists deserve.

I like IW in small doses. Love how the models interact. I am a cushion walk fan…..! Have some easy wear pieces that serve their purpose. I find it down to earth. As I say in small doses.

I like IW in small doses. Love how the models interact. I am a cushion walk fan…..! Have some easy wear pieces that serve their purpose. I find it down to earth. As I say in small doses.
I used to be like that i.e. watch in small doses although mainly to get a laugh. Now they just irritate me. Without a word of a lie, I hopped on last night, first time in weeks, and they were flogging the mulberry silk stuff. Old Ray was droning on about how this material is great for everything but cleaning the kitchen sink, then the camera panned to Peter who was rubbing the silk over his face and pulling a stupid gurning face.

I lasted all of 30-40 secs and turned over. Granted, I'm far rom their target audience ;)

They're all market stall con men/women. There's a thread on here about a different channel where one of the presenters is flogging stuff as being 'designed by her' i.e. her range. Someone bought some of the stuff and noticed the remnants of another brands label in one of the garments. Turns out they're designed and flogged by someone else but they also sell to others who can then re-sell under a different brand.

So much for the stuff being 'designed by the presenter' ;)

I used to be like that i.e. watch in small doses although mainly to get a laugh. Now they just irritate me. Without a word of a lie, I hopped on last night, first time in weeks, and they were flogging the mulberry silk stuff. Old Ray was droning on about how this material is great for everything but cleaning the kitchen sink, then the camera panned to Peter who was rubbing the silk over his face and pulling a stupid gurning face.

I lasted all of 30-40 secs and turned over. Granted, I'm far rom their target audience ;)

They're all market stall con men/women. There's a thread on here about a different channel where one of the presenters is flogging stuff as being 'designed by her' i.e. her range. Someone bought some of the stuff and noticed the remnants of another brands label in one of the garments. Turns out they're designed and flogged by someone else but they also sell to others who can then re-sell under a different brand.

So much for the stuff being 'designed by the presenter' ;)
Yes apparently Destello on Gemporia. I do have some lovely scarves from them. Some other prices too. I purchased cable jumpers from Paul James and Cotton Traders at great prices.

Peter Simon has a Rolex as well. I’ve never been quite able to see if it’s a real one, or one of those I used to get pushed at me every time we went into Lucky Plaza when we lived in Singapore. They were some fakes- the gold used to wear off on your wrist, leaving a green band that looked like you’d got a bit too close to the jolly green giant. But then, I never paid more than £5 for them.

You would have thought they would wear solar time Inc watches they shill out with fake history's though, the only semi decent watch brand they do are Vostok Europe and even they have cheap movements in and don't get me started on those kids watches electrianz, they would be better off coming out with a Dartmouth watch at least it would be closer to notani bros solar time company.

I have only see one of the presenters wearing a watch they claim to have bought from IW, Den with her Mathey-Tissot Edmond. Many of the presenters claim to have bought watches from IW, but yet too see any of them wearing one on screen.
Only guest who wears IW watches, apart from the pretendy experts wearing them for promotional purposes during a watch show, is Alan Ennis.

Peter V wears a Rolex submariner.
Mason wears an Omega Seamaster.
Sean Crawley wears mostly his Longines Hydroconquest, but on special occasions like Xmas & New year he wears his Cartier Santos, with the gold bezel.
Den, Sally & Shona all have Cartier watches as well.
Jess and Hayley mostly wear their Apple watches.

Shaun "me mam" Ryan never wears one of his own watches, despite having a big collection. The only time you'll see Shaun wearing a watch is for promotion of a show later in the day, 99% of on-screen he doesn't wear a watch.

Alan Ennis, wears Vostok Europe a lot and likes to do a bit of brown nosing and pointing out he bought them from IW.

Oh and Mr "check my teeth" Dormeo wears a Rolex.

Varney, wears a right varied collection of crap. :ROFLMAO:

Got myself a RGMT 3000m watch 😎

Attachments

• 1642859974823.jpg
    1642859974823.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 74
Mason trying to scare folks into buying - "when the stock is gone, it is gone, that's your lot."

Strange you have any stock left Mike, Peter said the other night if everybody checked out their baskets there would be none of the Ohios left, yet everyone of the colours is still in stock tonight. :unsure:
Tonight's watch show was apparently 'unscheduled', obviously meaning they had trouble shifting the ugly RGMT abominations therefore had to show them again. Though their Cadola watches looked nicer if still vastly overpriced for what they are.

Tower Vacuum show tonight selling this.

Alan Ennis to Den - "I thought i would correct you with something, you said this is not something you would see everywhere. This is a vacuum you will see nowhere because Tower understand the importance of Ideal World and the reach we have and i promise you this, this is only available here, they launched it here and they want it to be exclusive here for as long as possible, so the only people that can get this are the Ideal World viewers."

Ain't it just great when you can trust every word that the IW pretendy experts says? :unsure:

Amazon

Oh and a bit later Den - "And i hope you know us well enough here at Ideal World to know were telling you the truth, as we see it and experience it live in the studio, we're telling you the truth."

Oh Den, we really do know you bunch very well indeed, and truth is definitely one thing Ideal World isn't know for telling, infact it's quite the opposite, we know you very well for being a bunch of liars, hypocrits, con artists, shysters etc etc, everything but being honest & truthful. ;):ROFLMAO:

Tonight's watch show was apparently 'unscheduled', obviously meaning they had trouble shifting the ugly RGMT abominations therefore had to show them again. Though their Cadola watches looked nicer if still vastly overpriced for what they are.

They actually did change the schedule, Morphic with Miss Precision was supposed to be on, must have been changed yesterday or early today, was on the schedule for Wednesday at the start of the week but has been shunted to next week now. Although I don't know if the reason for the change is due to Morphic watches being stuck at customs, as they seem to have plenty for shows tonight, they have 29 different Morphic models (in various colours) in stock. Maybe as you say the previous show with RGMT didn't go as well as planned, ie the Ohios which should have sold out in the previous show, still didn't sell out tonight either, they are ALL still available to buy.

Yeah, some of the Cadola look nicer, but still wouldn't buy one of their or any other Solar Time watch again, even if the price was right, the fact they (Bordell/Clawley both of whom work for The Dartmouth brands/Solar Time) try their hardest to give a false and misleading brand story and make every effort to hide the true story of the brand and who is behind the brand puts me off buying.

What a strange way of being able to find out (or not find out) customer opinions on the products that they sell. Having been curious to find out why 11 customers had given Jane Plan one star, I clicked on the reviews drop down box again, assuming the reviews would appear below the product page. But no…the box does nothing other than give the hard numbers. Ah…these are TP reviews, so there must be direct link to each specific product one on the IW product page. Er..no. Nothing. Inaccessible best describes it. I wonder why?? At least QVC’s are visible on their own website.

Jane (not a diet lol) plan, just overpriced ready meals you can get similar for under a quid each in a discount supermarket. They should make up there mind are they a diet or a healthy eating plan, I personally think overpriced miniscule portion diet is more apt.

What a strange way of being able to find out (or not find out) customer opinions on the products that they sell. Having been curious to find out why 11 customers had given Jane Plan one star, I clicked on the reviews drop down box again, assuming the reviews would appear below the product page. But no…the box does nothing other than give the hard numbers. Ah…these are TP reviews, so there must be direct link to each specific product one on the IW product page. Er..no. Nothing. Inaccessible best describes it. I wonder why?? At least QVC’s are visible on their own website.

Here's trustpilot 1 star revues for Jane Plan.

I always laugh at the way they are so adamant it's not a diet, but a healthy eating plan, yet sell her book which is called The Jane Plan Diet, they really do think viewers are stupid. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back