Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cannot believe the crap they sell on Ideal World! Plus hidden in the terms and conditions it states when purchasing from Ideal World you our purchasing items from our market place. (Yeah right more like off the back of a lorry) If any problems develop you have to contact the brand not Ideal World. So if its dormeo you have to contact them. Mind you contacting Ideal World in itself is a difficult process. Indian call centre charging premium rate. Emails back and forth need i say anymore. Also another thing to do is always check reviews on trust pilot. TJC is just as bad dreadful customer service.

I cannot believe the crap they sell on Ideal World! Plus hidden in the terms and conditions it states when purchasing from Ideal World you our purchasing items from our market place. (Yeah right more like off the back of a lorry) If any problems develop you have to contact the brand not Ideal World. So if its dormeo you have to contact them. Mind you contacting Ideal World in itself is a difficult process. Indian call centre charging premium rate. Emails back and forth need i say anymore. Also another thing to do is always check reviews on trust pilot. TJC is just as bad dreadful customer service
Until about a year ago, IW had a dreadful TrustPilot rating. Literally, they classified IW as ‘bad’. Almost every rating was a 1*. Suddenly the site was flooded with very short 5 star reviews. It’s clear that someone at IW was given the task of improving the scores, but the question is how those many short, almost non-specific 5* reviews are being achieved? Are they genuine? The turn-around in scores was amazing. One way or another it left a bad taste, for me, in TrustPilot.

I'm not a watch lover but I can't wait for the next Vostock show with Pervy Pete and Conman Kev proclaiming the watches rich Russian military heritage whilst subtly dodging mentioning Putin trying to start WW3.

"Gerrit while you can! It won't be here much longer! Neither will most of Europe!"

"This Vostock is made from the very shells fired over Kyiv. Buy it! Just buy it!"

I'm not a watch lover but I can't wait for the next Vostock show with Pervy Pete and Conman Kev proclaiming the watches rich Russian military heritage whilst subtly dodging mentioning Putin trying to start WW3.

"Gerrit while you can! It won't be here much longer! Neither will most of Europe!"

"This Vostock is made from the very shells fired over Kyiv. Buy it! Just buy it!"

Tonight might be interesting, Bordell is on with Ballast and CCCP watches, be interesting to see what his sales pitch will be be or maybe they will drop them from the show.

Back to what we've said before, they certainly know how to push the right buttons of their target demographic ;)

I might have been impressed if they'd been to the moon, carried there by Peter Simon, launched on a one way trip by NASA, with a little rocket to deploy once there to send the watches back to earth.

I would have been impressed if the watches had been even as far as they were claiming, both Bordell and the IW presenters mentioned a few times that the watches had went above/beyond the the Earth's atmosphere. 30,000 mtrs is nowhere near being above/beyond the Earth's atmosphere, if it was the watch wouldn't have come back down to Earth so quickly. :ROFLMAO:

Surely they will have sufficient self awareness to not even try and sell these watches tonight of all nights. We will wait and see…

Although they are still listed in the program schedule, all of them are now listed as not available, out of stock, and the CCCP brand is no longer listed under watch brands.

See they're saying Swiss movement, which is not quite accurate, it's Swiss parts, meaning the movement was assembled in Hong Kong, not Switzerland.
I bet they would say "Swiss movement" even if the watches were made in China and they happened to pass through Switzerland, hence the 'movement'. Bunch of liars.

I bet they would say "Swiss movement" even if the watches were made in China and they happened to pass through Switzerland, hence the 'movement'. Bunch of liars.
As Hammy said, with IW it’s so often ‘Swiss Parts’ rather than ‘Swiss Made’.
Basically, ‘Swiss Parts’ means the Chinese assembler was eating a Toblerone when putting it together.

I hopped on the other night and Peter S was selling a Samsung vacuum. Was on with Simon whatever his name is. As an aside, the show was a genuine embarrassment, well it was for the 5 mins I watched. Peter doing STUPID singing rhymes, pulling STUPID faces, double entendre all over the place. Totally off-putting to watch. To think I used to find him mildly amusing.

Anyway, my point is he said something like this ...

'It's Samsung, right! Top world manufacturer, right! TVs, washing machines, vacuums, right! Just go and buy it, right! It's probably going to be the best vacuum you've ever owned!!!'

Ah, there's the old selly telly get out of jail free card. Probably, possibly, might, could, should. And emmm, what does that say about all the other vacuums you sell?!?

Muppets.

One of the movements which appears in one of Bordell's watches, has Bordell hailing it is some great Swiss movement made by a family watch movement maker in Switzerland. In reality it was a Chinese Sea-gull movement, ST16, send to switzerland disassembled and then re-assemble with a couple of small Swiss parts. With the cost of the Swiss parts and labour being more than the rest of the movement then, unfortunately, it could claim to be Swiss made under the present criteria that exists.

As Hammy said, with IW it’s so often ‘Swiss Parts’ rather than ‘Swiss Made’.
Basically, ‘Swiss Parts’ means the Chinese assembler was eating a Toblerone when putting it together.

Bet it wasn't a Swiss Toblerone either, since the Americans bought the company i bet it's made in China as well, probably next door to the sweat shop the watch assemblers, Ying & Yang work in.:ROFLMAO:

Get a grip IW, Totally out of order, Peter Simon is on with Alan selling Spray and Leave.

Peter is selling a sprayer pump and i'm not being over the top here but he is hands on rubbing and hugging a spray bottle then asking it how was that for you?

The man has NO shame 6PM on a Saturday and IW happily let him act in this manner, he has also said in his innuendo tone "Just squeeze it in.....to your basket!" and he has also stated "I like a clean path to my back door" The guy needs removed from TV ASAP, He needs to take a long hard look at himself. :sick:

Latest posts

Back