Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pegoud??? 52mm mecaquartz??? In what universe is that popular 🤔

He's just speaking nonsense, it's not a meca quartz, it's the Seiko VH smooth ticking range, the quartz is 2 Hz to give it 4 ticks per second. Remember Pegoud is Solar time, same folks that claim Slava movements when they are not , so claiming meca quartz when it is not, is definitely not beyond the shysters. ;)

Peter said on the Pegoud Pilotage watch - "to have a power reserve on a watch of 170 quid is unheard of, blah blah clearance price"

Really?

Well for £46.75 i got this from Parnis, got a discount but normal price was £55, and i bet it's the same Chinese movement inside both watches TY2542.

Parnis  Automatic PA767 (Sea-Gull 2542) 1.jpg

How stupid do IW take joe public for, Punting the £99.99 Beldray "air circulator"......a jazzed up fan in my world.

Anyway Simon Illes is doing a demo to show how far the air travels from the jazzed up fan against a bog standard £20 fan........for a £70 margin plus the energy costs all year round with the jazzed up fan as the jazzed fan is a heater also apparently.....l'll stick with my £20 fan. Why not compare like for like?

Why are IW and every presenter world leaders in over egging everything they sell? 24/7/365 world champions at over egging. Always over egging savings on every item they sell etc etc.....Just a bunch of chancers!

Bad enough they spell tourbillon wrong every time it's in their on screen graphics and on their web site, but now they use the Irish spelling of Whiskey, for a watch that is dedicated to Scotch Whisky, even the watch shows them how it should be spelt.

If you're an uneducated, ignorant shyster then you're guaranteed a job at IW.

Bad enough they spell tourbillon wrong every time it's in their on screen graphics and on their web site, but now they use the Irish spelling of Whiskey, for a watch that is dedicated to Scotch Whisky, even the watch shows them how it should be spelt.

If you're an uneducated, ignorant shyster then you're guaranteed a job at IW.
I always thought they’d eventually sell tourbillons, ever since I read that it was French for a whirlwind. After all, who but Ideal World presenters could be better suited to offering us a load of hot air, endlessly going round and round without ever going anywhere…?

But seriously, it shows how little they know or care about the products they sell. Just ‘pile ‘em high’ and try not to sell ‘em cheap…

Incidentally - I really like your Parmis, Hammy. The batons and numerals look applied rather than stamped and the blueing goes well with the strap.

I always thought they’d eventually sell tourbillons, ever since I read that it was French for a whirlwind. After all, who but Ideal World presenters could be better suited to offering us a load of hot air, endlessly going round and round without ever going anywhere…?

But seriously, it shows how little they know or care about the products they sell. Just ‘pile ‘em high’ and try not to sell ‘em cheap…

Incidentally - I really like your Parmis, Hammy. The batons and numerals look applied rather than stamped and the blueing goes well with the strap.

That's one of the things i find funny about their watch shows, they go on endlessly talking for 45 minutes about the watches, yet tell us nothing actually about the watches themselves ie detailed specs, it's all stupid made up stories of the name of brand and the name of the watch. When they do mention specs, it's usually just the size and when they do mention the movement, it's usually very scant info or totally wrong/exaggerated.
While brand history can be important, it's only important when you're getting a true story of an actual watchmaking brand with actual real history and heritage, not some made up story for numerous resurrected brand names to cover the fact that they all really come from the same company in Hong Kong.
While a lot of Chinese watches are just cheap crap, they also do a lot of good watches, but if buying Chinese i like to do that direct, from a brand that doesn't hide who they are and where the watches are made and price their watches with the true value they are worth, not some fictitious, wildly exaggerate RRPs which we se on IW. Take their Toubillons, the latest offersings from the IW (Earnshaw, Swan & Edgar etc) all have RRPs of around £3,000 and selling around the £1,000, yet go to Ali Express and buy direct from a Chinese brand and you'll find them around the £500 mark, ok you may get caught with tax at customs (approx works out at 28%) although i've yet to be charge any extra when buying from Ali, but it'll still work out way cheaper. Same if you buy Mathey-Tissot from Jomashop in the states, you can make big savings buying from there.

One thing they never mention on all these collectors shows is SERVICING of the watches, all these watches they claim you should insure and will be future heirlooms and will be passed down from generation to generation will need servicing at some point and when the cost of the servicing for the luxury £120 Swan & Edgar watch will be more than the watch cost then folks will realise in 10/15 years time, that the future heirlooms is in fact nothing more than a bucket job when something goes wrong, which it will do.

Yeah it's a nice watch, and amazing what watches (quality and spec wise) you can get for £50 if you look elsewhere from IW. ;)
:)

Why are IW and every presenter world leaders in over egging everything they sell? 24/7/365 world champions at over egging. Always over egging savings on every item they sell etc etc.....Just a bunch of chancers!
Look, I get the fact they're selly telly presenters hired to do exactly that (i.e. tell us everything they sell is excellent) nevertheless it does make me chuckle, especially when you consider most of the products they sell are ordinary every day products.

I read a 'behind the scenes' article x years back about selly telly and they told of a presenter that was eating some food stuff that was being flogged. 'MMmmm, this is so tasty' they said, chewing away. As soon as the camera was off them and the segment ended, they headed for the nearest bucket and spat the food out ;)

I'd LOVE to see one of them say to the 'chef' to be honest mate, that tastes like utter sh1te!!!

:)

This evening a stand mixer with Dean Wilson with Joe Remblance. Joe showing his knowledge by explaining to Dean how to make puff pastry- only he so got is wrong. Talking about using melted butter, no no no, a block of very very chilled butter is the technique. And he states that its the condensation that gives the layers when any one with any experience of baking should know that it is steam. What a fool! Total k**b!

Not posted on here in years but I used to watch a lot of shopping telly. A few years ago I purchased a vibrapower off ideal world and I used it most days for a year and a half and then earlier this month I saw them selling the Gravit8 vibration machine on ITV and thought at £79.99 on a warehouse clearance and OUR LOWEST EVER PRICE thats a nice upgrade to mine which I havent used for months due to it making a loud banging noise when used which it never used to do.

Paul said multiple times that you are getting a £300 machine which we have sold many many many many many times for £149.99 and today its £79.99. I thought this was good deal as id paid £130 for my vibrapower hiit. Imagine my annoyance when 2 weeks later I see them selling the Gravit8 at £50 and its not on any special event or promotion and then a week later I catch it on ITV again and the graphics say our usual price £79.99 today its £50. So I feel I was lied to and misold and have reported them to ASA for making out I was getting a £300 machine which they have sold many many many many times for £149.99 and I'm getting it at the bargain price of £80 which in fact is their usual price and they are now selling it for £50. A warehouse clearance event used to mean the lowest prices, now its all just marketing.

They should not be selling items cheaper on an non event or promo day than they claim to be during a warehouse clearance event, I've seen a few people on trustpilot claiming they purchased garden furniture on warehouse clearance to then see it sold a week later for £200 less on a normal day. That is not acceptable. They just reply to say "With like all companies, we will introduce different promotions within our shows & events. This means prices on items and postage can change frequently due to the fast nature of our business" The point people are making is they are selling at a higher cost during an event than on a regualr day but they don't seem to get that. As for my review they reported it as spam and I've had my trust pilot account suspended. Nice.

Ideal World really don’t get any better do they even though they have a new owner, but he hasn’t done nothing about it, he just Let’s the same old creepy presenters talk the same rubbish.

Didn’t realise Chef Joe was back, he seems to channel hop like nobody’s business, Ideal World, Create and Craft, Crafters TV, QVC and now back at Ideal World.

As a big Create and Craft viewer, them being taken over, has really improved things, with many of the presenters actually having there own craft brands.

Just saw a advert saying they are going to be having some shows in association with the Range.

Arent Range stores, everywhere if you really want there stuff surely you would go to a store

Me confused :(

I hopped on last night and they were having a clearance sale, Mike M presenting.

How can IW hold a clearance sale? Every show they do, products are 'flying out the door like hot cakes' and if 'we don't check out we'll miss out' and things always go 'down to single figures' so surely they never have any stock left for clearance sales???

Me totally confused :(

;)

Me confused :(

I hopped on last night and they were having a clearance sale, Mike M presenting.

How can IW hold a clearance sale? Every show they do, products are 'flying out the door like hot cakes' and if 'we don't check out we'll miss out' and things always go 'down to single figures' so surely they never have any stock left for clearance sales???

Me totally confused :(

;)

Yeah you have to wonder if everything sells out, how you would need a clearance sale. :unsure:
And doesn't 'clearance sale', as opposed to just a normal sale, not usually mean clearing the dregs of stock of products we won't be seeing again in future?

Latest posts

Back