Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would never buy a watch from IW, although in the past I've had a couple of kitchen items 😎

I have but that was before i got to know them, at that time only came across them by accident, 4 years ago was looking for a particular Roamer (no longer made) watch which i found on their site, at a good price, for some reason they were just selling off the last few Roamers cheap (obviously not stocking Roamer anymore till recently).

Once i started watching the watch shows regularly, it became obviously what bunch of shysters they are, so although they may show watches i like, and it can be handy seeing them onscreen rather than just a picture, it's off to the web to find an alternative source at a good price, which there always is.

There is nothing wrong with most products on IW, and sometimes they have the best price, but they are just a bunch of crooks that shouldn't be rewarded, buying from them, and the toothless ASA , only encourages them to be even more deceitful than they already are.

A veritable smorgasbord of air putrefying er..purifying scaremongering, supreme extravaganza of terror inducing ebullience, is currently on air with Peter Van Panicspreader and a bloke who looks like he failed the audition for the main part in Kung Fu. Maybe you are bringing a new born baby home this evening, Vohl…Peter says. Course we are, Peter. Great example…Maybe you live near a road, says Kane..Er..yes..Maybe you need two machines on two floors, Kane drones on. Even though they only weigh three ounces each…Peter then decides to light a match and set fire to Kane and the entire studio. Maybe they need the Fire Brigade…We move on…Ryan and a Nokia flip phone from 1898….

That's me home. Spent the night in the cells :(

Basically, I was in B&Q yesterday and noticed they were selling a 2 pack of T bar handles for £6, so £3 a handle. I asked to see the manager to explain they could be selling the handles for £20 each, thus increasing their profits.

Staff refused to get the manager for me and things escalated, I ended up being dragged out by security whilst screaming 'You fools, you FOOLS, those handles are supposed to sell for £20 each, Ideal World know this, SPEAK TO IDEAL WORLD!!!'

Once they deposited me outside, I ran back in the store shouting 'ALL HAIL PETER SIMON, ALL HAIL PETER SIMON, HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS HE DOES!!!'

At that point they phoned the police.

I was only trying to help :(

I was looking at a new Ford Puma in my local showroom the other day, total cost £28,000. The salesperson walked up to me and said 'See that? One alloy wheel, two alloy wheels, three alloy wheels, four alloy wheels. This car has four alloy wheels sir. You're looking at £25,000 right there for those wheels alone.'

I left.

Reynolds is another who is guilty of comparing the watches he sells with luxury watch brand prices, he's often mentions Rolex, Omega etc, yet he never mentions the Swiss brands that are more comparable with the brands he flogs.
Yeah as we've said before they LOVE linking the stuff they sell to luxury brands, A list celebs etc. In that sense they're not daft, they know exactly what they're doing and the market they're targeting. I hopped on to TJC the other night and they were flogging a gold bracelet. The presenter said something like 'very similar to a type of bracelet that Marilyn Monroe loved to wear ...'

WHO THE F**K CARES?!?

Sadly, quite a lot of people evidently, otherwise these channels wouldn't use it as part of their selling technique.

When they show the video clip of the Boneco FAN moving the smoke, the footage is obviously sped up, however there's no text underneath the footage to ensure viewers are aware of this. It looks to be VERY impressive at moving the air, however it would given the footage is maybe 3x or more normal speed ;)

Absolutely no negatives mentioned by Ennis so far, none of the drawbacks of a cordless he mentioned on the Henry shows, just that we should trust him as he deals with loads of vacuums for reviewing and this is a brilliant, incredible, super machine for under a £90, bargain oh and we got the demo in the car, when it was still dirty after cleaning. :ROFLMAO:

That's his get out clause, in other words it's great for the price but probably wouldn't be so great a machine if it cost £150, it's all in the wording. ;)

With some people, you can just tell, as soon as their mouth stops moving, they are thinking "if you believe that, you'd believe anything".

I saw 2 minutes of that furniture show too, a few days ago. Was the last time I tuned in. Straight away, I thought good grief that looks cheap. Had to double take and laugh at the price.
The actual furniture has to be cheap, cause all the manufacturing cost is in the HANDLES, which cost £20 EACH!!!

Ok I'll leave it now :)

I hopped on last night and the 'expert' was lying on their back on a mattress they were flogging. They said ...

You couldn't do this on a traditional metal sprung mattress because you'd have springs digging in your body left right and centre

WHAT KIND OF METAL SPRUNG MATTRESSES DO THESE NUMPTIES BUY?!? I have one and it's over a decade old. Never have I felt a spring dig in to me because THE ENTIRE MATTRESS IS COVERED IN THICK WADDING or whatever it's called.

Ah wait a minute, I think I know what's happened here. IW is referring to the metal sprung mattresses you can buy that have no wadding/fabric covering on them whatsoever, it's just the metal structure. They're quite popular with people, I'm sure we've all seen them in bed stores, right?

Sorry IW, I apologise.

Looking forward to Sunday's pick of the day, should be fun listening to them explaining a meccaquartz movement especially as their description is totally wrong. ;)

Pick of the day is:-

IW web site - "Swan & Edgar Limited Edition Mechanical Quartz Racer Automatic Watch with Genuine Leather Strap"

Meccaquartz movements are NOT Automatic.

IW web site - "Seiko Mechanical Quartz Hybrid Automatic movement - Quartz / Mechanical hybrid"

Meccaquartz are NOT Hybrid Automatics movements either, Hybrid Automatics is just Seiko Epson's name for Seiko's old Kinetic movements which they no longer make for their own watches but have now started selling to third party brands through Seiko Epsom/ Time Module (Hong Kong).

I hopped on last night and the 'expert' was lying on their back on a mattress they were flogging. They said ...

You couldn't do this on a traditional metal sprung mattress because you'd have springs digging in your body left right and centre

WHAT KIND OF METAL SPRUNG MATTRESSES DO THESE NUMPTIES BUY?!? I have one and it's over a decade old. Never have I felt a spring dig in to me because THE ENTIRE MATTRESS IS COVERED IN THICK WADDING or whatever it's called.

Ah wait a minute, I think I know what's happened here. IW is referring to the metal sprung mattresses you can buy that have no wadding/fabric covering on them whatsoever, it's just the metal structure. They're quite popular with people, I'm sure we've all seen them in bed stores, right?

Sorry IW, I apologise.

You know it's like everything on IW. When comparing a product they have two variations.

If they are selling a cheap product and trying to exaggerate its quality, then the comparison is done with a luxury product, which of course it's neither like nor the same quality, but they strongly imply, without actually saying, that it is.

Then the other option is, if they have a decent enough product, but not luxury, then they use a reverse tactic where they will compare it against the lowest quality product available which nobody actually buys (although they don't say that) to imply that their product is indeed good/top quality, better than the competition but in reality it's not top quality just average.

They were selling yet another air conditioning unit , and you could hear the racket it was making coming through on your telly.
The presenter - don't know his name, the bot with the specs- said he likes an air conditioner to make a noise , cos it tells him it's working.
I expect he drives a tractor instead of a car for the same reason.

They were selling yet another air conditioning unit , and you could hear the racket it was making coming through on your telly.
The presenter - don't know his name, the bot with the specs- said he likes an air conditioner to make a noise , cos it tells him it's working.
I expect he drives a tractor instead of a car for the same reason.
Them pretending you can just "wedge" the window kit into a UK style window is rubbish. All the air blown out will be replaced by hot air from outside. Also pretending the window kit is often £30/40 extra is nonsense, they all include them. 8000 BTU is also a waste of time except for tiny little rooms. Also pretending it is climate friendly because they no longer use CFC's from decades ago is laughable.

A phantasmagorical, veritable smorgasbord of a watch extravaganza this evening with Mick ‘Upside Down Head’ Mason and another apprentice billiard ball horological guru of wisdomness. RGMT watches. Sounds like a mid-1970s’ senior trade union official’s timepiece. An RRP of £136000, was it? My hearing aids are not what they used to be…Knocking them out tonight for just under 400 squids. Marvellous…Looking at the style of these vaatches (good old Marcel Drucker)..they wouldn’t seem out of place on the wrist of the lead singer of The RAH Band, circa The Crunch in 1977. Coming up… a Quatro Sparkling Drinks hour, followed by The Asti Spewmanti and Garcia Half Price Wines Special…

Latest posts

Back