Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They’re flogging a cocktail blender tonight. Basically a normal drinks/smoothie maker but aimed at making cocktails. Complete waste of time and money considering they give you a standard metal cocktail shaker in the box which is far superior for making cocktails than a high speed blender. As soon as you add ice it smashes it up making every drink a slushie, which most cocktails are certainly not meant to be.

Peters giving it the old spiel “It brings back those memories of far flung holidays, not uuuhhnleh, (reads off card) a Bellini, a margarita”. And then into the salty rim jokes. When does this clapped out Duncan Norvelle wannabe retire? Can we have a whip round to make it sooner?

I don't watch much selly telly nowadays (it was only ever for the amusement factor anyway) but I happened to see Peter Simon on with a bloke doing some cooking demo; I can't even tell you what the product was, some pressure cooker type thing I think. Anyway, the cringe factor of PS has increased a hundred fold since the last time I saw him. It's like watching some fifth rate end of the pier show. The bloke appears trapped in the 1970s. Totally embarrassing.
I hop on a LOT less these days, actually days can go by without me going near selly telly. Then, when I do hop on, such is the 24/7 nature of their bullsh1t (and flogging the same tat) that I last maybe 2-3 mins tops then it's back to normal telly.

Joking aside I don't miss it. I used to find their antics mildly (sometimes very) amusing 'back in the day', now they just irritate me.

On another Energia, he says if you saw that in a jewelers in Bond Street it would be 5, 6 thousand pounds.:ROFLMAO:
You really have to wonder at the bullsh1t they spout.

A few months back I hopped on to TJC or might have been Gemporia. They were flogging a ring for circa £2k, so not cheap. They were at pains to say 'go get it valued, you'll be (very) pleasantly surprised.' These channels say this regularly. They then read out a review from a customer saying she'd bought a piece off them for £5k and when she took it to an independent jeweler, they valued it at £20k.

If these stories are true, I can only conclude the higher values placed on these items relates to the overall replacement cost or whatever it's called, not simply a like for like retail cost comparison. Why do I conclude this? Cause if selly telly was selling jeweler that could in turn be relatively easily sold for 3,4,5 times their retail price ... I'd be a friggin' millionaire by now ;)

LMAO, what utter crap Reynolds comes out with, very latest Hybrid VK63, we are the first people in the world to see this movement, took 4 years to develop. :ROFLMAO:

Oh look this is my Parnis watch, with a VK63 movements, in a couple of months will be 4 years since i bought it, about the same time as, according to Reynolds, Seiko were starting to develop the movement. :ROFLMAO:

1.jpg

Pagani design chrono's are all VK63 movements, have been for years 😁
I see they're regurgitating old Vostoks they couldn't sell tonight 😁

LMAO, what utter crap Reynolds comes out with, very latest Hybrid VK63, we are the first people in the world to see this movement, took 4 years to develop. :ROFLMAO:

Oh look this is my Parnis watch, with a VK63 movements, in a couple of months will be 4 years since i bought it, about the same time as, according to Reynolds, Seiko were starting to develop the movement. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 24676
Beautiful watch.

Thing is though Hammy, did your Parnis come with a free collectors box, free watch, free pen, free leather wallet, free cufflinks, free door opener thingy and a free ham & cheese sandwich?

Well no, but it did come in a collectable luxury cardboard box with a 1" square cleaning cloth, same as used by watch brands who's watches cost thousands. 😁

Parnis Daytona (Seiko mecaquartz VK63) (1)x.jpg

The other man with the upside down head who looks like he could fit very well into a Benny Hill video is on this evening playing a watch expert. Ryan is holding the ‘incredible’ £59.99 Ernie Thomshaw complimentary pen. Alongside the £59.99 pen, is an Ernie Thomshaw watch. A watch that presumably has absolutely nothing to do with Old Ernie other than in name. The pen appears to cost more than the watch on this £99.99 extravaganza of reckless generosity. Two Ton Ted from Teddington, the watch expert for tonight, is in full flow. Does he do another job doing the day, I wonder. Cakes and loaves seller, perhaps? His bakers van parked in IW car park if so. “Have you got watch rolls?” asks Ryan. “No. It’s just the way I walk,“ says Two Ton….

The other man with the upside down head who looks like he could fit very well into a Benny Hill video is on this evening playing a watch expert. Ryan is holding the ‘incredible’ £59.99 Ernie Thomshaw complimentary pen. Alongside the £59.99 pen, is an Ernie Thomshaw watch. A watch that presumably has absolutely nothing to do with Old Ernie other than in name. The pen appears to cost more than the watch on this £99.99 extravaganza of reckless generosity. Two Ton Ted from Teddington, the watch expert for tonight, is in full flow. Does he do another job doing the day, I wonder. Cakes and loaves seller, perhaps? His bakers van parked in IW car park if so. “Have you got watch rolls?” asks Ryan. “No. It’s just the way I walk,“ says Two Ton….
Love the Two Ton Ted from Teddington reference. Sadly I am old enough to remember Ernie, who drove the fastest milkcart in the west🤣

I see the latest incarnation of Gaz 14 is now the a VE limousine range and proudly made in Lithuania. Quickly loosing their Russian connections🤔

Think they've been losing their Russian connections for quite a few years now, way before the current war in Ukraine, some of their newer ranges already have stories which have no connection with Russia like all their previous ranges did, ie Engine range and the Nuclear Sub Range. The problem they have is they have a small stable overall dominated with Russian themed ranges, so will take time to eventually replace them all with newer non Russian ranges.

While originally in their pre watch days they did work for Vostok and had close ties in their early watch days, where they used predominately Vostok movements, their dealings with Vostok has been lessening for years as they've moved to using Seiko & Miyota for movements.

Also think the "Made in Lithuanian" is being done because there are still many folks out there who assume Vostok Europe are connected with Vostock and are a Russian brand, which of course they are not, so they are just trying to emphasis that point.

Hopped on last night after a few days of no selly telly. Here I go again (but it's true!) as SOON as I hopped on I heard Shona say this (they were flogging a bike):

And this comes with a gel seat! I'll tell you something, the bike I bought didn't, and when I decided to upgrade to a gel seat it cost me £50!

Really Shona? Did you buy the gel seat from the same place that sells cupboard handles for £20 each (what you told viewers they cost) that can be had elsewhere (in the real non bullsh1t world) for £2 each if not less?

I'll tell you why I ask Shona, cause you say your gel seat cost £50? Funny that, perfectly good ones for sale around £12 upwards ;)

Not that selly presenters are prone to exaggerating or anything, of course not ...

Clear Crystal is the company featured this evening. Interesting reviews on TP. They are flogging crackers containing items that I would want to empty my drawers for - should I ever find them in there. Ryan, got his rocks off immediately at the mouthwatering prospect of the complimentary silver, large crystal on the top, pen included in the boxes of luxury crackers. “Guess how much we sell this for on our website?” Lee, the Clear Crystal man says to Ryan. Ryan looked about to cream his pantaloons at the prospect of being told £10,000, or something outrageously similar, a la ’free gifts’ on Ernie Thomshaw shows. ”£7.99!!“ Lee excitedly exclaims. It was if Ryan had suddenly changed into the Queen of the Underworld after Puddleglum stamped out her fire in The Silver Chair. “That’s a really good price,” he said rather flatly - quickly moving on to the next shiny thing from Bury.

Latest posts

Back