Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hopped on last night after a few days of no selly telly. Here I go again (but it's true!) as SOON as I hopped on I heard Shona say this (they were flogging a bike):

And this comes with a gel seat! I'll tell you something, the bike I bought didn't, and when I decided to upgrade to a gel seat it cost me £50!

Really Shona? Did you buy the gel seat from the same place that sells cupboard handles for £20 each (what you told viewers they cost) that can be had elsewhere (in the real non bullsh1t world) for £2 each if not less?

I'll tell you why I ask Shona, cause you say your gel seat cost £50? Funny that, perfectly good ones for sale around £12 upwards ;)

Not that selly presenters are prone to exaggerating or anything, of course not ...
Reminds me of when Creepy Crawley was selling a leather furniture cleaning agent for the rise and recline chairs ( which aren't even leather )- ' you could easily pay £50 for something like this' lied Creepy.
Naturally I did a google search for leather furniture cleaning products.
It was literally impossible to pay £50 or anything like it- even Harrods own brand was under £30.

Guys, my mate just bought a new car and it came with mats. Two in the front, two in the back, a full set of mats. He's so lucky. When I bought my new car it didn't come with any mats. I had to buy them myself and they cost £600!!!

Reminds me of when Creepy Crawley was selling a leather furniture cleaning agent for the rise and recline chairs ( which aren't even leather )- ' you could easily pay £50 for something like this' lied Creepy.
It was literally impossible to pay £50 or anything like it- even Harrods own brand was under £30.
I am 100% confident some viewers will have bought the bonded leather furniture from IW convinced they've got a better quality of leather compared to actual leather, given the way IW refer to the bonded stuff.

Con merchants the lot of 'em.

It's the same for every cheap product/clothing/watch etc they sell, they are always saying it looks like or is similar in quality to some luxury more expensive version you find in some high end store/high end brand, but in reality it's just a cheap ok to poor quality alternative.

This is the strangest watch show I've seen 🤔 old footy team branded cheap things, presented by someone who looks like he's from the Manchester scene of the 80's😁

Saw a wee bit, strange kinda dude as the guest, but as too the watches, as you say "old footy team branded cheap things" worth no where near their asking price.

Best footy watches used to be the old Klaus Kobec ones, before they went out of business, coincidentally they went out of business because of costs involved in a legal battle over the Klaus Kobec name. One of the folks involved with the rival Klaus Kobec was none other than Antoni 'Papa' Fields.

At the moment, Sekonda is doing the watches for my team.

Sekonda 2018 AFC Watch 1388 (7).jpg

Ryan standing next to a full size plastic horse. This is a joke, right? I am not being saddled with a show like this. Trying to whip up interest in riding gear on a channel full of couch potatoes like me, ripped to the ti…on drink and drugs..Hands up who’ll be ordering?

Shaun taking care with the Duxot box for the watch with a vintage Swiss movement and wall clock with RRP of £1400, wants to keep it in pristine condition.

Why bother Shaun, the watch and clock will be worthless in a couple of years, you'll be lucky to get about £50 for the pair.

Why, well firstly it's a £50 Chinese wall clock that some brands are getting with their brand name on and exaggerating the quality & price, and the vintage Swiss movement, is the Claro cl888, and the reason it's not made anymore is because of the stink when folks found out that the Swiss movement was actually a Chinese movement imported un-assembled to Switzerland, stick a new rotor on it, re-assemble to claim being Swiss made. It's not a movement future watch collectors will be fighting over. ;)

Got to say..I really do like that giant Duxot clock they are flogging as part of a set with a watch. Reminds me of 1960s’ sweet shops with huge representations bars of wax chocolate in their windows. If Mason was on I think I would get him to eat a large Bar Six one, wax square by wax square. A Chinese wall clock, is it? Cancel my interest forthwith. Keep Wearing Your Masks can eat that as well.

What a vile watch they are currently showing. Looks like it is set with ‘diamonds’ that fell out of an out of date Jamboree Bag. An £800 plus RRP?? Do you think I sailed down the Thames on a sixpence on top of Shergar with Lord Lucan riding side saddle?

A new presenter this morning. Looks like an anorexic James Form A Cordon Corden. He’s only been two minutes and he is already annoying me. It appears if he was a bar of chocolate, he’d melt himself by the fire, then spread himself on toast and then eat himself.

Ryan standing next to a full size plastic horse. This is a joke, right? I am not being saddled with a show like this. Trying to whip up interest in riding gear on a channel full of couch potatoes like me, ripped to the ti…on drink and drugs..Hands up who’ll be ordering?
Imagine Peter S doing one of these shows (whilst sitting on top of the plastic horse) putting on the faux sincere face and voice ...

From the clippety clop through village, hill and dales, from the neighing sound of the magnificent thoroughbred as it jumps over hedge and through stream. From the plop plop plop of the poo it drops to the sheer equestrian joy of the Clydesdale working the fields or the donkey giving rides on the beach, we all love horses and the sheer joy they bring.

Salter cordless hoover and they're (Tim & Becs) price matching with Amazon and really making a point that Amazon are £199.99 while IW are £99.99.

A bit unfair really considering it isn't Amazon themselves that are selling it, it's Beldray's marketplace store on Amazon that is selling it.

I know, why are Beldray selling Salter? Well it's all the same company, UPGS (Ultimate Products Global Sourcing), that's why the Salter Cordless looks exactly the same as the Beldray Airgility, take off the name and you couldn't tell them apart, same company, same products, same specs, same supplier in China, just stick on different brand name and hey presto you have the illusion that two old companies with decades of history/heritage/knowledge/experience etc still exists, when instead it just a modern company pretending to be old that has aquired/licensed the old brand names to stick on cheap Chinese made products.;)

Right. I didn’t know that. This means then that all this Beldray ARE a fine old English company, around since 1750, or years to that effect is untrue. A ‘fact’ they relentlessly peddle when presenting their products is now just another IW load of old cobblers. When in fact, Beldray is a just an empty name used by a company with another name with a HK telephone number. I had previously been lost in a sea of 18th century nostalgia, wondering whether their vacuums of 270 plus years sucked up so little dust as their modern day ones appear to do. Speculating on how effective their ceramic core radiator with smartphone control was at heating each cell in Newgate Prison….But no…as in Ernest Thomshaw…RCA…Edgar & Swan..their so called proud and long-term company traditions are a tissue of Simon Ilies…Dead brand names bought up by modern day companies with absolutely no connection other than that to the original brand/company names.

Right. I didn’t know that. This means then that all this Beldray ARE a fine old English company, around since 1750, or years to that effect is untrue. A ‘fact’ they relentlessly peddle when presenting their products is now just another IW load of old cobblers. When in fact, Beldray is a just an empty name used by a company with another name with a HK telephone number. I had previously been lost in a sea of 18th century nostalgia, wondering whether their vacuums of 270 plus years sucked up so little dust as their modern day ones appear to do. Speculating on how effective their ceramic core radiator with smartphone control was at heating each cell in Newgate Prison….But no…as in Ernest Thomshaw…RCA…Edgar & Swan..their so called proud and long-term company traditions are a tissue of Simon Ilies…Dead brand names bought up by modern day companies with absolutely no connection other than that to the original brand/company names.
The name Thomas Earnshaw wasn't even purchased or bought up , it was simply registered by Solar Time in 2012.
It has absolutely no connection whatsoever to Earnshaw or his business.
It's a marketing ploy to flog mass produced Chinese watches.
Checkoutyerbaskets!

I went to Care co the other day as dad is buying us 3 a recliner for Christmas, Sales person said we all needed different, dad said to the assistant he had seen some on shopping channel, the guy said buying from a shopping channel would be a mistake, They said we needed so much room either side, he sugested recliners with several motors which work certain areas

He also said going into the winter dont go for leather as its cold, go for material

Wonderful news for all lovers of treadmill tales of enchantment. The Story of Jenny (on a loop) has a new but non-20000 steps a minute Exemplar Planet sales assignment. Demonstrating hair tongs with the man with the rubber head and desperately obsequious manner. Next item for him to sell..a cow liquid flavour changing plate unit. A great product for him to demonstrate, even without the item itself, as he could certainly turn milk sour with just one unctuous grin at it.

Latest posts

Back