Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Feel sorry for IW presenters and cooks, everyone of them has to waste soooo, sooo much time preheating their ovens at home.

You wonder why, before the air fryers became popular, they didn't update their conventional ovens with a fan assisted oven, no pre heating needed, cooks as fast as an air fryer and cooks more stuff at once.

See it's high end bonded leather furniture time again. :ROFLMAO:

The man with the upside head is in full pelt this evening. It’s teatime and here he is talking about ‘solids’ out of babies’ bottoms. No, it’s not comparisons to Swan & Edgar watches. It’s a Tower (he should be in it) Portable Spot Cleaner session. Now it’s missing the bowl when you urinate - for the fellas of course. Bored with inducing the need in us to projectile vomit after enduring several verbal attacks of his foul smelling solids all over your hands type anecdotes..Now he is droning on at length about how he loves to haggle over any purchase, including £40 worth of ‘squirt’ (diesel) the other day, when he enters the garage paying area and shouts out “‘Ere…I’ll give yer £35 for it..” What a pain in the ar..that must be to encounter. But clearly hugely amusing to Keep Kissing Your Masks..

Right, girls…These fit to size, my Goddesses…Right..If you’re an eight, order a bleedin’ eight, mates. If you’re a nine, order a bleedin’ 99 with two flakes, and don’t bleedin’ wine. If you’re a 10, order a bleedin’ six. If you’re a six, get a number 12 to bleedin’ Camberwell Green..Here’s some friendly advice..I’m not coer..coher…forcin’ yer…but we are down to the last 10,000 of these strapless jock straps…And so and so on..Ad infinitum

See tonight's Ben Sherman watch show is following the same script as the Sekonda show last night, ie continually emphasising that they have stainless steel bracelets (which are cheap as chips in China) with no mention what material the case is made of, which of course is just a cheap alloy.:rolleyes:
Hammy- is that what they mean by ‘base metal’? I used to have a cheap as chips watch for when I was playing squash, and that had a sticker on it saying that.

Hammy- is that what they mean by ‘base metal’? I used to have a cheap as chips watch for when I was playing squash, and that had a sticker on it saying that.

Yeah, usually alloy cases are brass (which is an alloy of two base metals, copper & zinc) but 'base metals' can cover a range of cheap metals that can be used, from brass to just reused scrap metals.

Well Animal Planet stuff today, Knowlsie spouting all the guff about how much research etc, Animal Planet vets etc have done to create and give us all these wonderful pet products.
Of course no mention of Assured Products, yes the waterless wax folks, who actually created and make the stuff and supply IW, who just license the Animal Planet name to put on the bottles, same as they do with the RSPCA for the same pet products.:rolleyes:

My Rubber Head, King of the Forelock Tuggers, is in full ‘YOUR’ mode on the Saturday Fashion Parade. Your Elasticated Trousers..Your Rent a Tent Frock..Your Item Number..Your Navy Option…Your Zipper…Your Phone Number..Your Responsible for The BEF’s Retreat from Mons…Your Your Your Your….Well
YOU’RE getting on my ti…Mr. Play-Doh face…Do be quiet or eat your own ears…

According to the two shysters about the Cassini watch.

"First to see it, European Exclusive launch here tonight"

Well maybe somebody should have told Mainspring Boutique aka The Dartmouth brands aka Solar Time, as they've been flogging them on Amazon since the 29th Sept.

They can't even do their VTs without looking like a bunch of incompetent amateurs. :ROFLMAO:

Creepy Crawly doing the voice over on the VT for the Vostok Europe pick of the day.

"Featuring the 24 Jewel H3 automatic movement."

Either he can't read the script properly or the script writer messed up, but it's not an H3 movement, it's an NH35.

Btw

They keep saying you can't get airfryers for love nor money, but they are flogging them everyday, so where are they getting theirs.

(in the real world Amazon seem to have loads)

They can't even do their VTs without looking like a bunch of incompetent amateurs. :ROFLMAO:

Creepy Crawly doing the voice over on the VT for the Vostok Europe pick of the day.

"Featuring the 24 Jewel H3 automatic movement."

Either he can't read the script properly or the script writer messed up, but it's not an H3 movement, it's an NH35.

Btw

They keep saying you can't get airfryers for love nor money, but they are flogging them everyday, so where are they getting theirs.

(in the real world Amazon seem to have loads)
As we always say, they'd make up any old sh1te to bag a sale. Not defending the presenters for one second, but bear in mind they simply read the autocue/script and off they go. Those writing said autocue/scripts could very likely write almost anything about the products and the presenters would read it dodo style, oops I mean parrot style.

And this plug-in heater the size of a bar of soap will heat up an area equivalent to 5 Royal Albert Halls in less than 10 minutes with a running cost of 5p per day!!!

This £99 drone has a 32K camera with 500x optical zoom even though that technology hasn't been invented yet!!!

The King wears a Swan & Edgar watch bought from IW every day!!!

(autocue writers giggling in the background)

As we always say, they'd make up any old sh1te to bag a sale. Not defending the presenters for one second, but bear in mind they simply read the autocue/script and off they go. Those writing said autocue/scripts could very likely write almost anything about the products and the presenters would read it dodo style, oops I mean parrot style.

And this plug-in heater the size of a bar of soap will heat up an area equivalent to 5 Royal Albert Halls in less than 10 minutes with a running cost of 5p per day!!!

This £99 drone has a 32K camera with 500x optical zoom even though that technology hasn't been invented yet!!!

The King wears a Swan & Edgar watch bought from IW every day!!!

(autocue writers giggling in the background)

There must be a general script for each product which they all follow, that's pretty obvious by the amount of times different presenters make the exact same comments regarding a product as the others, but it's also obvious when the regular shysters add their tuppence worth to the con. They've all got their own catchphrases which all we all know by heart as they've used them so much.

Who makes up that general script, god knows, but one thing is certain, they're devious lying cretins, i say devious lying cretins, cause there is no way they would buy in products to sell without doing some cursory research on that product, and even some basic research would tell them all they need to know about a product and the supplier/brand behind that product, warts and all, so considering the amount of lies, misinformation & general bullshit that is spouted, then the script writers have to be among the biggest shysters in IW, of course the whole organisation is involved in the subterfuge, but some more than others.

Lot of firsts tonight with Kev and Peter.

VK61 the World's 1st Hybrid/mecaquartz movement made by Seiko - Actually the Swiss developed/made the mecaquartz years ago, Seiko have only made it affordable to the masses.

Exclusive to Vostok Europe, they were asked by Seiko to be the first brand outside of the Seiko group to use it - Think there's a few brands out there, like Dan Henry etc, that would call bullshit on that. heck even the general Joe public who are into building their own/repairing watches can buy the movement from numerous sources.

PX84a World's 1st Hybrid automatic movement, doesn't have a battery says Peter. - The reality is the PX84a is just the renamed Seiko 5M84a Kinetic movement, and despite Kev's denials it's a Kinetic movement, it's been renamed (like all Seiko movements) and made by Seiko Epson for selling to third party brands. Oh and Peter it contains a MT920 battery.

First Sapphire dial on a watch, Aviator watch. - How strange, looking at my Chris Ward C60 Sapphire i'm seeing a Sapphire dial, ah well, i must be hallucinating. :eek:

The YN55 in one of the Vostok watches, is the new brother of the NH35 - Well no, it's not related too or even an original Seiko movement, it's actually a rebranded Orient F6922 movement, which is very similar to the NH35 but has better accuracy ratings than the NH35, hence why Seiko Epson who now own Orient are now using and rebranding the Orient movements for selling to third party brands.

T100 can't be bought in any country in the world except USA and UK, it's illegal - It's so illegal that even Traser themselves sell it in Australia on their own web site. https://traser.com.au/products/p67-supersub-t100-blue/ - Oh and Kev it's the watch as a whole that has 4 times more Tritium not that the tubes are 4 times stronger, that's why T100s have 4 times as many tubes as a T25 watch. ;)

and so on and so on.

Was watching a Shelving hour with Peter Simon and Alan Ennis

Peter was saying this is on 4 payments of £10 but the screen was saying £11.25 throughout the show he was getting it wrong you would have thought via Talkback he would have been told

Nobody is concerned with Peter's errors if said errors might help sales. ;)

Ween Dilson announcing today he has a gold disc. Really? What’s the song title? Were you in a band of note? What year? What position in the charts? He didn’t say. All he said was that Mungo Jerry produced it. By Mungo Jerry he presumably means Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry? All I can find on this is a QVC presenters single from 1998 - Locomotion/Partyland. This sold enough copies to go gold disc?? I can find no evidence of it ever charting. Did it?

Latest posts

Back