Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Listening to the fascinating reminiscences of Simons Peter on the Harry Potter spectacular this evening. The man has led such a fascinating life. Done so much. Met the stars. Been a star. How has he been able to fit so much into relatively so few decades is truly amazing.

Tonight he is reflecting upon his friendship with Debbie Reynolds and then, her daughter, Carrie Fisher. I am genuinely intrigued. How did that happen? Well, it turns out he was apparently living in LA for 18 months and during that time he met Debbie Reynolds and they became friends. Carrie Fisher, was just a jobbing actress when he then met her and became her friend, too. So that is pre-1977, and prior, I guess, to her getting the part of Princess Leia in 1976. I am just trying to work out how old he was in 1976? 15? 16? 17 tops? How he got out to America for so long and at that young an age, I cannot work out? Child actor on American TV? Teenage cabaret star? No..I give up. Anybody else got any ideas? Perhaps he getting himself mixed up with Paul Simon?
I've been dipping in over the past few days. Peter S seems to be using his 'right, get ready!' phrase in overdrive mode at present.

Get ready for what exactly? Something being flogged that we can probably get cheaper elsewhere?!?

Muppets the lot of 'em.

if peter simon said remember the days when I was on Going Live, with Phillip Schofield and Sarah Greene, and Live and Kicking with Andi Peters and Emma Forbes, all but a minor role on Run the risk and Double Dare, where he even got demoted in the end and Shane Ritchie hosted it

being serious, could it be he sees Phillip Schofield and Shane Ritchie who are still high profile, Andi does whatever he does, gets paid to go on holidays to promote comps for GMB, and his QVC Work, and Peter notices he really didnt get very high profile, and is now on a middle of the road shopping channel, selling Average to Tat goods

His connections don’t add up. A 15 year old boy living in Los Angeles in the mid-1970 - friend of the stars. Creative licence stretched to breaking point and beyond. What I know of his career was he apparently appeared on Bobby Bennett’s Junior Showtime in the early 1970s, dressed up as Ronald McDonald in the 1980s, some BBC kids’ type shows in the late ’80s and early ’90s. Then, reappearing on shopping television in the early 2000s to date. All the exciting bits he talks about, I cannot place.
🤣🤣

With his degree of apparent fantasy over some of his theatrical reminiscenses, shall we say, it unfortunately brings into doubt his product descriptions, however accurate they might actually be or not.

I've been dipping in over the past few days. Peter S seems to be using his 'right, get ready!' phrase in overdrive mode at present.

Get ready for what exactly? Something being flogged that we can probably get cheaper elsewhere?!?

Muppets the lot of 'em.
Please don't compare them to Muppets, they were talented and were on prime time TV🤣. Actually, "muppet" used to be an official police acronym - it stood for Most Useless Police Person Ever Trained! (I used to be a Met Police civilian).

Speaking of Muppets, there's one on now with PS and Anthony James watches 🙄

Hard to believe but even Swan & Edgar watches are a higher quality than these. :ROFLMAO:

Alloy cases and cheap hollow link bracelets, what's not too like, proper high quality heirlooms in the making, remember to put them on your insurance. :ROFLMAO:

Also despite Peter saying the first chrono watch had a hybrid movement, it ain't, if it is a Seiko prob be VD53 basic Chrono, but more likely it has a cheap Chinese alternative.

I went to a rough mixed school in North West London in late 70s/early 80s so I understand your post!
One of the nicest things I heard about my lad was that one of the kids in his class, who had a reputation for being a bully, but who was actually usually responding to taunts and word-bullying from others, singled him out the week they all left and said thanks. He said that my lad (who just treats everyone the same - he’s a bit autistic, so it wouldn't occur to him to ever do differently) was one of the very few who was decent to him, and that he just wanted to say thanks.

I was actually more proud of that than his exam results.
So I also thinkI know how you felt.

He once made reference to "my Blue Peter days". We know he wasn't a presenter on the show, the comment is vague but implies it. Of course "Blue Peter" could have been a dirty movie for all we know😳🤣 (sincere apologies if I've put anyone off their lunch or dinner!)
Peter Purvis had a bit of a reputation for being a lotharil.
Perhaps he was the Blue Peter?

TJC flogging Gamages watches last night. The guy from the brand (is he from the Field family?) couldn't look any more like a spiv if he tried. The utter GUFF that comes out their mouths when flogging what are VERY evidently cheaply produced products.

We're selling this watch for £89.99 with a free watch worth £70 but it would easily sell for £749.99 and even then would be a bargain!

Ha Ha HAaaa. Mind you I shouldn't laugh, what they're actually doing is employing a variety of sales techniques, some of them underhand to varying degrees, to draw viewers in to the point where they think 'I need to buy this!'

On that front, selly telly certainly isn't daft ...

TJC flogging Gamages watches last night. The guy from the brand (is he from the Field family?) couldn't look any more like a spiv if he tried. The utter GUFF that comes out their mouths when flogging what are VERY evidently cheaply produced products.

We're selling this watch for £89.99 with a free watch worth £70 but it would easily sell for £749.99 and even then would be a bargain!

Ha Ha HAaaa. Mind you I shouldn't laugh, what they're actually doing is employing a variety of sales techniques, some of them underhand to varying degrees, to draw viewers in to the point where they think 'I need to buy this!'

On that front, selly telly certainly isn't daft ...

Didn't see last night, but it's usually Papa (Antoni) Fields who does the TJC shows.

Latest posts

Back