Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am just trying to plug my Lakeland one into my rubber tent…

On a serious note.. I have to leave the clothes on my heated dryer for hours on end to get them anywhere near dry. Whereas in a decent tumble dryer, on the right setting, you should get a similar batch done and dry to iron in two hours. What they need to do to compare is a two hour tumble dryer cost rate with say, 12 hours on a heated dryer for the same effect. I am no expert, but I would suspect the heated dryer is the more expensive method.

I still live at home with my folks, dad bought a airdryer, we used it about 2 times, he has since bought a foldable clothes horse, we all have plenty of clothes it doesnt matter if it takes 2 days to dry

Hopefully in the next month or so, the weather will warm and clothes can go outside, saying that there has been a few days lately good enough to hang clothes out

John C (I'm not a chef) on again trying to demo the air fryer, why not just play a replay of the first show to save food considering there is a cost of living crisis.
The thing is there is no difference between all the pretend chefs ( Joe ,big brodel, jack and that internet bloke who was on a couple of shows then disappeared) as to what they supposedly cook in them, I'm sure they cook in a prep kitchen and just load up the trays and pretend they were cooked in the fryer.

Same old sh1te, chips, melted cheese and bread, roast joint and potatoes, salmon and veg, party snacks, chicken wings and chicken goujons.

John C (I'm not a chef) on again trying to demo the air fryer, why not just play a replay of the first show to save food considering there is a cost of living crisis.
The thing is there is no difference between all the pretend chefs ( Joe ,big brodel, jack and that internet bloke who was on a couple of shows then disappeared) as to what they supposedly cook in them, I'm sure they cook in a prep kitchen and just load up the trays and pretend they were cooked in the fryer.

Same old sh1te, chips, melted cheese and bread, roast joint and potatoes, salmon and veg, party snacks, chicken wings and chicken goujons.
spot on, anyone can cook all the basics in an air fryer once you learn to reduce the time and temp a little bit and have cooked everything you usually do once and got used to the slight nuances.

If they are looking at cutting costs a presenter can easily demo these and throw in a few more previous recordings seems pretty simple.

As I said before it was funny watching Mark on TJC and the gradual realisation live on air that he knew how to cook in an air fryer no better than any presenter does so they stopped using him.

IF a good chef was cooking something a bit more imaginative which you can do in air fryers it would make some sense

all the food they cook comes from those bloddy paul brodel books, and the food waste is disgusting

Havent saw any IW so far today, does anyone know if any the presenters, guests or wannabe TV stars have used the new phrase they all seem to be saying of late................."This is a game changer!!!"

The IW big book of bullshine quotes........Stock flying out get it in those baskets.........Its a game changer!!! Put it on your home insurance, Just av a buy, Limited edition! Hand to earpiece HOW MANY LEFT? Come on gang......even our mam's are buying multiples of these! Den and Sal are stocking up also even although they have 437 of these books between them!! ...... 4 flexi payments of 1p 📚

Havent saw any IW so far today, does anyone know if any the presenters, guests or wannabe TV stars have used the new phrase they all seem to be saying of late................."This is a game changer!!!"

The IW big book of bullshine quotes........Stock flying out get it in those baskets.........Its a game changer!!! Put it on your home insurance, Just av a buy, Limited edition! Hand to earpiece HOW MANY LEFT? Come on gang......even our mam's are buying multiples of these! Den and Sal are stocking up also even although they have 437 of these books between them!! ...... 4 flexi payments of 1p 📚

Regarding the Air fryer shows, the other day Joe was at Create until 4. He then had to travel to Peterborough and was on air at 6 no way did he cook the food at the beginning

QVC have a prep cook, I guess IW have simular
They have a lady/ladies who do all the food prep. They used to get an odd mention on there. I think it's more than prep at times. I think they cook the items in the oven and place the cooked item in whatever they're selling. I say that because sometimes the mini oven looks too clean to have cooked a roast for over an hour.

Pocket sizes says anything you can do in your main oven you can do in this air fryer better.

Ok pocket size here's a challenge for you, make a tarte tatin (one of Jack's favs) in a Tefal Ingenio frying pan with the removable handles just like Jack does in shows, you know those Tefal pans that EVERY IW presenter told us they bought because they save space and can be used in the oven, and and try and shove it in an air fryer like Jack does with an oven.

BTW they must have dropped Tefal as well, ain't seen them in a while. :unsure:

They have a lady/ladies who do all the food prep. They used to get an odd mention on there. I think it's more than prep at times. I think they cook the items in the oven and place the cooked item in whatever they're selling. I say that because sometimes the mini oven looks too clean to have cooked a roast for over an hour.

You can tell the ones that Jack et al use, they're a ****** mess inside :ROFLMAO:, especially those with a rotisserie, they must be murder to keep clean.

Latest posts

Back