Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, according to Kevski, my watch is now worth thousands 🤣

Attachments

• 20230227_190711.jpg
    20230227_190711.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 34
Interesting they let the email from ‘Nick’ through to air. Essentially he asked why the watches IW sell cannot be purchased in the High Street? Kevin seemed genuinely fazed when he heard it. Filling in with thinking time fillers like er…er…and ‘That’s a really good question, Nick.’

Eventually he managed something along the lines of High Street watches are ‘all the same’ and are dominated by the same old brands, which for me at least, made no serious attempt to answer the question properly at all. Was he saying street jewellers are a cartel and he simply cannot get in there, or that he doesn’t need to try and place his brands there? Ryan then chipped in saying IW has ‘loads‘ of high street watch brands..er..er…er..Sekonda..er..er..Loads of Them - loads.

What is the actual answer? I can only guess that the brands sold on IW aren’t wanted by shop jewellers because they either aren’t good enough or they are not prepared to sell them using fanciful RRPs as a yardstick, whereas IW use this strategy as a key selling tool.

And we begin with the stuff they cannot shift from the warehouse, watched by me and four dogs. The host would struggle on a decorating table in a leisure centre car park on a Sunday morning. The Pink Leaf Pattern Velvet Stool is at least a possible consideration at £19.99. But I think I would want at least £25.99 from them before I considered inflicting it upon my home.

Next…the manic staring doll with psychotic issues…pass….Let’s hope she isn’t being paid by the sale…Now nylon back combed toupee merkins..

And we begin with the stuff they cannot shift from the warehouse, watched by me and four dogs. The host would struggle on a decorating table in a leisure centre car park on a Sunday morning. The Pink Leaf Pattern Velvet Stool is at least a possible consideration at £19.99. But I think I would want at least £25.99 from them before I considered inflicting it upon my home.

Next…the manic staring doll with psychotic issues…pass….Let’s hope she isn’t being paid by the sale…Now nylon back combed toupee merkins..
How we doing on shelving, waterless wash, roof repair, garden mould spray?! :LOL:

the crappy Lonsdale exercise bike is back, theyve managed to find a 5 star review on screen, god knows who thinks that is 5 star, someone with zero clue. Limited stock so hopefully Peter Simon in a grey plaid tracksuit is never the be repeated.

averaging 2.6 out of 5 here and quite damning, and probably sold sweet fa after lockdown, more IW crap

Square tourbillon is very unusual they say and one of the great watches from Swan & Edgar, took a year to develop and 6 months to build and is at a price which is unheard of. :ROFLMAO:

Not in China they're not.

Here near enough same watch, just different hands and face design, which wouldn't effect the price, case & movement are exactly same.

Brain dead paying £990 on IW, folks with a brain save £600 buying from Ali, there it's £263.63, ok you may get stung with tax at customs but at most will add £75 to the Ali price.

I think it's Aesop that actually assemble them, some of the other Swan & Edgar tourbillons also copy Aesop designs.

And it’s a round mechanism in a square case. There’s absolutely nothing rare about it.

As somebody who remembers the dying days of Edgar & Swan (they had still had display windows in the passages near the main circulating area at Dicadilly Pircus in the early 1980s) the store itself had little kudos then that I was ever aware of. Lumped in at the Arding & Hobbs and Army & Navy levels I guess. The name buyer/user must have felt it souned fancy, had the ‘posh’ Piccadilly siting connection, and that enough time had passed for most targeted buyers not to have a living connection with the reality of what the store was in its latter days of trading.

I find the whole business of the resurrection of the dead brands a deeply cynical and generally unwholesome business. The process to me seems essentially manipulative and wholly deceptive, with the real true history of what has happened and why never explained. Selling goods through illusion and fantasy is something that shouldn’t be allowed, and if we had a proper organisation policing these types of television advertising presentations, they wouldn’t allow them in the first place without a proper detailed explanation making it crystal clear that these borrowed names of companies long gone are simply just that, and have absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the goods being sold now. Surely anybody with any serious financial resources and/or common sense wouldn’t go anywhere near these types of products. So to me the only people suffering essentially are those gullible fools paying out over inflated prices for cheap Chinese made watches that they think are not.
I absolutely agree.
It can only be luck that they haven’t tried Grace Bros from ‘Are You Being Served’, yet.
Their Mrs Slocombe watch woukd no doubt be a best seller.

I absolutely agree.
It can only be luck that they haven’t tried Grace Bros from ‘Are You Being Served’, yet.
Their Mrs Slocombe watch woukd no doubt be a best seller.
:LOL::LOL: Good one that Prof made me chuckle out loud.

Can see Sally Jacks as a mrs slocombe, bellowing ‘has anybody seen my…..’

That competition thing, they just showed a VT of a winner, saying ooh they phoned me when I had the flu, to tell me I had won, I couldnt believe it, then I saw a van outside my house, and it came with 30 prizes, she mentions a Air fryer, a dining table and a Nintendo Switch

Latest posts

Back