Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jane Plan. Something about that obsequious hand -wringing woman (the owner) that’s put me off from eating food in general, let alone her expensive, uninspiring plastic containers of it. She then produces a minuscule chocolate biscuit and has the bare faces cheek to say that that provides four treats for the day. It is about the size of a flattened Club biscuit. Most people could eat it in two mouthfuls!! Maybe a ravenous gerbil would be satisfied with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It never fails to fascinate me watching those sales techniques they employ. Fascinating, because they try the same tactics virtually every watch show. Ones that involve saying items are going to sell out, but then they never appear to do. And what they say so confidently is then never validated. Thus they seem to have a clear contempt, in that they think nobody potentially buying will either notice or care that what they say doesn’t happen. It makes me feel there is a very low respect for the calibre of individual who is potentially going to buy from them, or even more so for the organisation meant to be policing them. I think essentially they may feel that they can say what they like - particularly when it comes to elements like how busy they are and what stock they think they are going to have or not have during a presentation.
I lost count of how many times Mike asked for a stock update, and then refused to give more than a vague statement to viewers.

Shopping telly goons always use a rapidly depleting stock to scare viewers into buying, and never fail to shout numbers (initial amount of stock for the show, then percentages of stock sold/remaining) at the camera.

But that never happens in watch shows. Almost as if the presenters are trying not to give away that the watches are either selling in minuscule numbers, or aren't selling at all

Which can't be the case, of course. Mike Mason and his pals would NEVER lie to the viewers 🥸

Take it the very brief QVC shows didn't work, the reason she has come back to Ideal World is because they sold out last time with Ayley

"Add your veggies"

This one she has added mozzarella as well

Maybe 5 years ago you could say all these little extras were not expensive, now they are
I suspect that most people now are practising portion control at mealtimes thanks to the cost of living crisis we're all suffering through.

There's no need to shell out on a load of overpriced ready meals from a shopping channel that even the owner says you need to bulk up with extra food

That's the thing. Caine was quoting the most expensive snack type lunch figures - s1t sugary drink, s1t sandwich, and s1t crisps to bump up the comparison to the knocked out cheap and sold expensive diet plans food he was hawking. He was even suggesting that people pay for shop bought water. It would be quite easy to take a packet of crisps you bought from a family pack from the supermarket. Some tap water in a bottle and a home made sandwich for massively less than the £5 he was quoting. Again - more misinformation over accurate price comparisons.

I lost count of how many times Mike asked for a stock update, and then refused to give more than a vague statement to viewers.

Shopping telly goons always use a rapidly depleting stock to scare viewers into buying, and never fail to shout numbers (initial amount of stock for the show, then percentages of stock sold/remaining) at the camera.

But that never happens in watch shows. Almost as if the presenters are trying not to give away that the watches are either selling in minuscule numbers, or aren't selling at all

Which can't be the case, of course. Mike Mason and his pals would NEVER lie to the viewers 🥸

A new T-Shirts specially designed for Mason

MM1.JPG
MM2.JPG

Take it the very brief QVC shows didn't work, the reason she has come back to Ideal World is because they sold out last time with Ayley

"Add your veggies"

This one she has added mozzarella as well

Maybe 5 years ago you could say all these little extras were not expensive, now they are

with the amount of extras they use it probably cost more for the extras than the plan itself. :ROFLMAO:

I’m going to be positive about IW

last week Dad bought the Instant Brands Air Fryer what a lovely bit of kit, weve had Fish and Chips, Dad was able to put 3 pieces of fish in one side and chips in the other, Tonight he is doing Sausages

Yes that Jane Plan is expensive and you need extras, you could probably get a better meal from Iceland

That's the thing. Caine was quoting the most expensive snack type lunch figures - s1t sugary drink, s1t sandwich, and s1t crisps to bump up the comparison to the knocked out cheap and sold expensive diet plans food he was hawking. He was even suggesting that people pay for shop bought water. It would be quite easy to take a packet of crisps you bought from a family pack from the supermarket. Some tap water in a bottle and a home made sandwich for massively less than the £5 he was quoting. Again - more misinformation over accurate price comparisons.
Only ever bought shop water once and that last year when we had the record breaking heat, Had a nurses appointment at local GP, drunk a whole bottle in minutes

Sally

"Cancel your takeaway this week it will cover the first flexi pay and you don't need that"

Well firstly Sally you don't "need" another hoodie you could argue that having a takeaway is more essential than a new hoodie but neither are essentials

I hate this demonization of people, in a cost-of-living crisis a lot of people have already cut back on takeaways and to try and garner a sale in this manner doesn't sit well with me

Sally

"Cancel your takeaway this week it will cover the first flexi pay and you don't need that"

Well firstly Sally you don't "need" another hoodie you could argue that having a takeaway is more essential than a new hoodie but neither are essentials

I hate this demonization of people, in a cost-of-living crisis a lot of people have already cut back on takeaways and to try and garner a sale in this manner doesn't sit well with me
I bet Sally's not cut back on the takeaways. 🤔

Reynolds: I’ve only just realised. There has been the most dreadful mistake. I forgot to say to the system when I loaded the 20,000 watches onto the system, they were supposed to be charged at 2023 prices, because it is 2023. I only realised this 37 shows ago and there is nothing I can do, ever.

Simons: Well..No..No…No..No…An Andrei Kanchelskis for £49.99 over four Flexis.?? No..No…Buy three. Buy the whole box of 1000. YOU MUST INSURE THE BOX. PREMIUM CARDBOARD….

Reynolds: I’ve only just realised. I have made the most terrible mistake and listed all the watches at 1973 prices. I loaded them into the system…. And so on…Ad infinitum..
Well I believe them!! Must go now, my nurse is here to increase my medication😜🤣. All better now...

Latest posts

Back