Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now that was the guy, I think, who used to come on to the original forum here and post under his own name. I do remember him being quite confrontational if he felt his products were being criticised.

Last time I saw him he was on some low rent TV shopping channel that looked like it was being run out of a Photo-Me booth in Cockermouth - selling those cheap looking plastic pads you could apparently paint the Albert Hall with if you had the long plastic pole (from Warsaw) to go with it.
Yes my Dad bought those pads, he soon disgarded them when he realised it would take a month to paint a room

I have just taken a screen shot from company house and it looks as if they won't be around for much longer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230316_222751_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230316_222751_Chrome.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 94
You never hear of Kahuna Watches anymore, back in the early days the shopping channels couldn’t keep stock of them

Kahuna you say.

I got a couple off of QVC way back, prob mid to late 90s, used mainly as tool watches at the work because they were so cheap, took some batterings over the years, especially the K2 and apart from some cosmetic damage & strap finally needing changing it kept on ticking.
One I gave away and this one kept and still works just needs a new battery.

IMG_20230317_145552-crop.jpg

Last edited:
Yes my Dad bought those pads, he soon disgarded them when he realised it would take a month to paint a room

I found it easier and quicker than using a roller, especially the roof, okay needed a couple of coats because you have to water down the paint, but still ended up being quicker. Found the pads weren't so good with gloss paint, so still used a brush for woodwork.

Kahuna you say.

I got a couple of of QVC way back, prob mid to late 90s, used mainly as tool watches at the work because they were so cheap, took some batterings over the years, especially the K2 and apart from some cosmetic damage & strap finally needing changing it kept on ticking.
One I gave away and this one kept and still works just needs a new battery.

View attachment 25422
I’ve a couple I remember QVC could never get enough stock for a hour

Watching Carys on Friday Fashion and oh my god if she doesn’t stop gasping between sentences. I’m autistic and I hone in on stuff like this and she’s sending me into sensory overload. Whyyy are all these presenters so annoying?! Maybe she can’t help it but I can’t help hearing it.

As for Sally, cost of living crisis? What cost of living crisis? The woman is a spendaholic! I don’t appreciate being bullied into buying things I don’t want or need, or at least feel like I’m being bullied. She’s not made me buy a single thing as I can’t afford it but she’s incredibly pushy and can see why a lot of people might fall for it.

Ideal currently have a repeat show running

I do not think that is a bad idea as I have said before but at 6pm on a Friday night?

Makes even more of a mockery they choose one with Hayley SHOUTING within minutes stating THIS WILL SELL OUT THIS HOUR WE ARE SO BUSY WE WILL NOT BE GETTING THIS BACK

So within a minute of watching any credibility has gone, if a show is to be used for a repeat plan it in advance (they have enough shows) and tell the presenters not to reference stock,time of day weather

The watch show just confirms everything i've said about IW and never mentioning China/Chinese.

First watch were given details and caliber of the movement, why it's Swiss.

Second & third watches we are given no details as to the caliber or country of manufacturer for such special movements, why because their Chinese.

BTW the movement is the second watch is the Chinese HZ3JZ0E automatic central tourbillon with 39 jewels.

Also there is a reason why we are only now seeing central tourbillon watches appearing, that because Omega had the patent and that has only recently run out so Chinese movement makers are doing what they do best copying other peoples ideas.

Repeats at 6pm on a Friday is Mad

hayley said she listened to the radio the other day, where they had a air fryer in the studio, and had a listener cooking the same thing in there oven, and the Airfryer had the food cooked, before the viewers Oven warmed up

didnt realise there was a radio station called Bollox FM

Maybe the viewer needs to update their oven, with a fan assissted oven you cook right away, no heating up time.

Kwai Chang Caine presenting the air fryers on a loop show this morning. Along with Chef Car On Top Of His Head..

Chef Lurch : Quickly as you can, snatch the air fryer from my hand.

Caine: No Master. Not while we have another 10,000 round the back to shift.

Chef Lurch : When you can take the air fryer from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Caine: Leave, Master? Please, Master - I have nowhere else to go.

The Channel must be nearing its Birthday. As over at Create Martyn Parker was saying the other day, their Birthday is coming up. Both channels had there birthday around the same time even though Create and Craft has nothing to do with IW anymore, when it comes to birthdays they revert back to the old station

It got me thinking, I wonder what Ideal World will theme it on this year, I was thinking the age of the Airfryer

Latest posts

Back