Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its Pedro Simone tonight droning on.....sorry on selling a drone.

Old Pedro never fails, GET THIS TONIGHT FOR £37.50 Pedro says then mumbles on then rapidly drops in to his mumble 1st of 4 flexi payments...

Yeah good one Pedro, as ever he is as clear as a foggy night!!!!

Its Pedro Simone tonight droning on.....sorry on selling a drone.

Old Pedro never fails, GET THIS TONIGHT FOR £37.50 Pedro says then mumbles on then rapidly drops in to his mumble 1st of 4 flexi payments...

Yeah good one Pedro, as ever he is as clear as a foggy night!!!!
I'm pretty sure there have been upheld complaints to the ASA on the lack of transparency of the 4 flexi pays. The punishment given was "words of advice" to presenter. Glad that worked...

But all the cooking instructions say to preheat the oven before putting the food in.

BTW M&S are going to add air-fryer cooking instructions to their food.

Yeah they do because cooking times, that's cooking time so you can safely consume the food (core temp has to reach a certain temp for a certain amount of time), have to be on the labels for certain foods.

Not all ovens are the same, different sizes and wattage, not all get to say 200 in the same time frame (listening to IW presenters we've had time to pre heat their ovens from 10 mins to 25 mins), so to provide safe cooking instructions that will cover all ovens they will say pre heat to 200 (or what ever temp they've used for that particular food), that way they can cut out the variations and have one heating time suitable for a small/large capacity, different wattage conventional oven and Fan assisted.

At the end of the day, most recipes or cooking times are just a guide, we all have different ovens and different tastes on how cooked our food is, some folks cooking a roast of beef might like it rare in the middle while some others like it more well done. For me, it's experience, knowing how your oven cooks and how you like your food is how to calculate cooking times and preheating oven doesn't figure into that, as you said earlier it's wasted energy, which IMO doesn't need to be wasted.

Jonathan said something this evening about their RGMT watch with 3000m displayed on the dial, namely that people don't dive to depths of 3000m and I'm sure he then said that 3000m simply means that it's designed to be extremely tough? That's like saying we could put 999999999999999999999m on a watch dial simply because we bashed it against an office chair a few times and it still works?

In other words, telling the ASA live on national television to go and (censored) themselves!!!

Also in other subtle but insidious deception news, Peter Simon (and no I'm not going to humour him by referring to 'Simon Peters'; this goes well beyond a joke) kept referring to watches worth 'thousands of pounds' (thousands in the plural) even when the completely fake RRP displayed on screen was £1200 (just over one thousand pounds).

Plus yet another Thomas Earnshaw limited edition tourbillon shown tonight, available in 'ones and twos', and oh there are now four left, etc., yawn yawn yawn deception deception deception. And that's not even accounting for the magic trick deception game played with stock updates pulled out of thin air throughout the show tonight; when they're saying 60%/40%/all sold out it's completely uncertain exactly what they're referring to and they could actually be talking about the number of treadmills sold as opposed to the watch currently being shown to the camera at the time. It's all lies, smoke and mirrors. Don't buy from Ideal World even if it's just a duvet cover simply because if they don't give a stuff about the advertising standards watchdog ASA then they give even less of a stuff about their customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Rant over :D

Jonathan said something this evening about their RGMT watch with 3000m displayed on the dial, namely that people don't dive to depths of 3000m and I'm sure he then said that 3000m simply means that it's designed to be extremely tough? That's like saying we could put 999999999999999999999m on a watch dial simply because we bashed it against an office chair a few times and it still works?

In other words, telling the ASA live on national television to go and (censored) themselves!!!

Also in other subtle but insidious deception news, Peter Simon (and no I'm not going to humour him by referring to 'Simon Peters'; this goes well beyond a joke) kept referring to watches worth 'thousands of pounds' (thousands in the plural) even when the completely fake RRP displayed on screen was £1200 (just over one thousand pounds).

Plus yet another Thomas Earnshaw limited edition tourbillon shown tonight, available in 'ones and twos', and oh there are now four left, etc., yawn yawn yawn deception deception deception. And that's not even accounting for the magic trick deception game played with stock updates pulled out of thin air throughout the show tonight; when they're saying 60%/40%/all sold out it's completely uncertain exactly what they're referring to and they could actually be talking about the number of treadmills sold as opposed to the watch currently being shown to the camera at the time. It's all lies, smoke and mirrors. Don't buy from Ideal World even if it's just a duvet cover simply because if they don't give a stuff about the advertising standards watchdog ASA then they give even less of a stuff about their customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Rant over :D

Within the first couple minutes before we even saw a watch he was lying, he said "RGMT are an American Brand" and shorty after "RGMT are an American Company", both of which are lies, they are 100% not American. As we know they're from the country that IW never mentions China.

He also claimed that the movement, he referred to it as a Seiko Hybrid/Meccaquartz it's actually Seiko VK67, in the RGMT Demolition Chronograph, he says "it's in some of the most expensive watches in the world". :eek: Which is kinda amazing thing to claim as it's only a £15 movement. :ROFLMAO:

As for the show, thought it was hilarious how Bordell had his little carousel of watchmaking screwdrivers on the counter when he was showing the thickness of the 3000 mtr watch case back. He's not selling the screwdrivers and they're absolutely no use for removing a screw down case back so why the hell were they there? :unsure:

James Corden on gruel back on this morning. Selling? Spray & Leave? Cheap shelves? A treadmill? A dehumidifier? No, thank God - none of those things we see all the time. At least this time it is an air fryer. Gives Chef Joe a chance to be fresh and creative. Creme Egg Croissant perhaps? Burnt chips? Raw chicken? How do these people motivate themselves to do this s…time and time and time again?

James Corden on gruel back on this morning. Selling? Spray & Leave? Cheap shelves? A treadmill? A dehumidifier? No, thank God - none of those things we see all the time. At least this time it is an air fryer. Gives Chef Joe a chance to be fresh and creative. Creme Egg Croissant perhaps? Burnt chips? Raw chicken? How do these people motivate themselves to do this s…time and time and time again?
Money. They'd rob their dead granny's false teeth if they thought they could get a few pence for them.

No, I take that back. They'd cheerfully flog her corpse to the first bidder.

Just waiting for them to air fry it. You must bury Granny afterwards.. But serve her first in a creme egg burnt calzone and then put her on your household insurance. Cremated over four Flexis...

On a lighter note, James had to quickly come out of one of the internet screen links that they were providing from the Gallery. I think this was meant to be showing frying air price comparisons of some description or other but by the sounds of his startled and rapid response, it somebody round the back was apparently looking at the size of people's appendages on a very different type of comparison screen, allegedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a lighter note, James had to quickly come out of one of the internet screen links that they were providing from the Gallery. I think this was meant to be showing frying air price comparisons of some description or other but by the sounds of his startled and rapid response, it somebody round the back was apparently looking at the size of people's appendages on a very different type of comparison screen, allegedly.
When incidents like that start to happen it's obvious that Ideal World staff behind the scenes know that the company won't be around for much longer, as well as IW attempting to flog yet another very mediocre Thomas Earnshaw tourbillon for £1200 that's scraping the bottom of a very large barrel-shaped watch. I hope Craig Stevens and one or two of the other presenters quickly find new jobs but the rest, nah, and possibly the last we'll see of Peter Simon. At least Shouting Sally can soon spend more time at her Burnley abode annoying her neighbours instead of 'slumming it' in a caravan for most of the week.

Within 8 mins of the Sally Me Me Me Jacks hour she has said that in the past she bought slippers at £90 a jacket at £100 a few pairs of shoes with no prices mentioned plus she was out for a family dinner last night.....Cost of living crisis....mmmh really!

Do the presenters never stop to think for a minute who their audience are? So patronising....and Me Me Me is still making it all about her saying "I have x amount of these left!" making it sound like its her own shopping TV channel as ever, easter and christmas has also already been mentioned! Just comes across as so desperate for a sale.

Latest posts

Back