Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why do so many now on TV have to share every personal item with the viewers? She could certainly run a whole maternity unit from inside that row of Harleys cover she was sheltering under today.

A very "Ideal" type moment in the 2 minutes I watched of the Gamages show on TJC tonight I thought this thread would appreciate

Derek was the host "The Gamages shop in London shut recently didn't it Tony?" "Thats right not that long.....(pause) well 10 years or so (longer pause) actually maybe 20 years"

It shut in 1972...

Derek follows up with an absolute pearler

"Like most of the high street, the Internet has a lot to answer for "

Wasn't much online shopping in 1972 Del..

Sure there were plenty more but I had some hair to wash
So a mere 51 years ago😳🤣. I'm genuinely sorry I missed this (and I don't say that lightly...)

We have Crawley & Shona the "interiors experts" flogging the Uno mattress, they both say that the mattress is exclusive to IW and they CAN'T name the manufacture as they make mattresses for other brands that are sold in stores at different price, blah blah blah.

I'm puzzled by their story as if they can't name the manufacturer then why is the manufacturer named in the VT that is shown throughout the show? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Breasley is named in the VTs.

Absolute peak example of lack of experience/interest in the behind-the-camera area this morning on Ideal

This happened about an hour ago (can see on the youtube feed)

Crawley when discussing the compost

"Oh look at that one lovely detailed review!"

The camera zooms in and we can read that Jacqui loves the compost however last time it was delivered it blocked a neighbour
pathway and she doesn't trust Ideal World to deliver anything ever again

Rather than moving on they stay on this screen for what seems like 5 minutes probably 45 seconds with both Angela and Crawley
realising what has happened and nobody in the back moving on

Rather than treat the viewer with some kind of intelligence Crawley spouts out "what a great review that is, brilliant"

Just say she loves the product (which she stated) but on this occasion delivery let her down and this can happen like with any business
selling lots of things

Trying to hide things in plain sight just makes things a lot worse

Absolute peak example of lack of experience/interest in the behind-the-camera area this morning on Ideal

This happened about an hour ago (can see on the youtube feed)

Crawley when discussing the compost

"Oh look at that one lovely detailed review!"

The camera zooms in and we can read that Jacqui loves the compost however last time it was delivered it blocked a neighbour
pathway and she doesn't trust Ideal World to deliver anything ever again

Rather than moving on they stay on this screen for what seems like 5 minutes probably 45 seconds with both Angela and Crawley
realising what has happened and nobody in the back moving on

Rather than treat the viewer with some kind of intelligence Crawley spouts out "what a great review that is, brilliant"

Just say she loves the product (which she stated) but on this occasion delivery let her down and this can happen like with any business
selling lots of things

Trying to hide things in plain sight just makes things a lot worse
Crawley really is an amiable buffoon. Strike that. Cancel the amiable.

He was on with Lavers in the early days of IW. Lavers was always game for a laugh about taking the pist out of the genre. Sent him what I thought was a funny fax playing a Belgian woman from Crouch End who had a sickening crush on poor old Harry Dashbourne, saying he was a dead ringer for Gene Hackman. He got in the spirits of things and read it out to him. He also read out my fax purporting to be from some acne ridden youth who wanted more Old Fokkers on the collectible aeroplanes show. He obviously knew they were jokes but played along regardless. Great bloke (Paul) who saw the ridiculousness of it all. Pity people like Mason can’t do the same.

Latest posts

Back