Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun "Actually" Ryan never fails to trip himself up, when on the Planet Cruise hour he is always saying how good the cruises are as he has been on them :glass: (It seems like all of them) he could have bought a ship with the amount he has spent on cruise holidays, yet when selling any of the other (few) items :yawn: that IW sell he likes to tell us how he has to watch what he spends :sad: on this that or the next thing "as we are all on a budget blah blah blah".

So what is it? Just have 12 cruises a year or keep sticking to the budget? :thinking:

I wonder why Paul B. is not better placed to sell the holiday cruises? I think he was once a well placed figure in the industry.

He was on the couch one night maybe a few weeks back as far as I can remember but cant remember the other presenter.......??

That reminds me of Saint Peter selling the Worry Angels on Bid TV. I almost miss those days...

I miss the 20 products in one hour, type presentation. considering I had no intention of buying, but it did give me good ideas and inspiration to get more reputable versions of similar products.

Ideal world mixing the bid style doesn't work when your presenters cannot talk for an hour about one thing (to be fair, few can), but then try to hide that behind countless videos and past clips.

Does anyone know how the 'Sunday Kitchen' hour turned out? I saw the beginning of it when it appeared it was just going to be a whole Kuvings juicer hour instead? Did it end up being Kuvings the whole hour?
Cheers.

Shaun is on at 4pm punting the 13 in 1 ladder, within the first 30 seconds of presenting said show he says the usual "This could very well sell out this hour we think!!!! get in early blah blah blah" then they go onto to show a clip of other presenters saying "ohhhhhhhhhhh no its sold out all gone folks" Eh isn't the wee clip kind of defeating the scary oooooohhh buy now as this will sell out this hour folks, I would just think ah well no rush to buy as it will be back in the next couple of days for sale again, Don't be fooled folks we are not all muppets IW.

Shaun giving us the old sob stories of how we could be helping our mothers with this wee ladder, Aww gives you that fuzzy warming feeling!!! PS folks he has just thrown in another 80% of stock sold we are on our way to another sell out folks...............this hour,..........................I bet it doesn't sell out this hour thought!!!!!

Shaun is on at 4pm punting the 13 in 1 ladder, within the first 30 seconds of presenting said show he says the usual "This could very well sell out this hour we think!!!! get in early blah blah blah" then they go onto to show a clip of other presenters saying "ohhhhhhhhhhh no its sold out all gone folks" Eh isn't the wee clip kind of defeating the scary oooooohhh buy now as this will sell out this hour folks, I would just think ah well no rush to buy as it will be back in the next couple of days for sale again, Don't be fooled folks we are not all muppets IW.

Shaun giving us the old sob stories of how we could be helping our mothers with this wee ladder, Aww gives you that fuzzy warming feeling!!! PS folks he has just thrown in another 80% of stock sold we are on our way to another sell out folks...............this hour,..........................I bet it doesn't sell out this hour thought!!!!!

This was said earlier by Dirty Peter Thompson. Funny how he mentions 'our Bet', our this and that but I've never heard him mention his own actual Mother.

This was said earlier by Dirty Peter Thompson. Funny how he mentions 'our Bet', our this and that but I've never heard him mention his own actual Mother.

his mother probably told him she ain't buying so he lost interest in talking to her.

disclaimer: that was tongue in cheek satire.

I wonder why Paul B. is not better placed to sell the holiday cruises? I think he was once a well placed figure in the industry.

I reckon Shaun probably thrown a wobbly about 'his cruise shows' being taken away from him: don't forget, he's been there for 14 years (or 'nearly fifteen years' today, apparently). I think Shaun is the IW equivalent of QVC's Queen Julia. He was probably in enough of a piss when Genevieve and her shouting started presenting some cruise shows. In the same vein, I image Loen had a right old strop when she was dumped from Friday 'Fashion' in favour of shouty Gen

eeeshk: 'and just think what experiences you're going to have if you go cruising with us'

Can you also imagine if they have an outdoorsy sort of segment which included sleeping bags etc and the like, - and PS saying something like I do enjoy camping it up at ome? Run for the hills people - he's out of control. :mysmilie_11:

Apparently according to Hayley Green a dirty car makes it 'beyond repair' when selling the 'unbelievable, out of this world, incredible' car wash, that repairs the irrepairable, She is really starting to grate on my nerves :mysmilie_51:

I genuinely love the flexipay advert with Hayley

my mrs finds it so creepy, that there are three of her in conversation.

Hey, here's an idea for presenters/guests on IW. Perhaps STOP saying "I'm being 100% honest here" or "this is the ABSOLUTE truth" or "I'm not lying" every so often, kinda, to me, infers that you ARE being honest on the occasion you say it, but that the rest of the time you are talking out of your bottoms.

Tower pans, apart from the bad reviews, I can clearly SEE things getting stuck when you do some demonstrations and this is only after 10 minutes of burning. Now also I hear you have to use the right utensils, making them no better than any other pans. 14 years ago I bought a Tefal pan set, just £49.99 from Argoose, I have used every utensil type, and even often cut things up with sharp knives on the bottom of a pan while cooking; yet last night, made a fried egg sandwich in the frying pan, with no oil, and still, after years of abuse the little thing slid the egg about like it was a day old.
Let's also perhaps NOT compare prices with THE most expensive places in history for purchases, littlewoods, freemans, grattan and the like. These sort of catalogue firms are notorious for selling things are probably near twice the price anywhere else does.

Oh and while I'm ranting, the Kleshna poppy, which we are informed by Dennice the last time I saw the little 'advert' that...... wait for this accuracy......" a certain percentage of the price will go to the british legion". How about ALL the profit going to the charity, or how about actually telling us what percentage for a start off, knowing the shysters IW are it'll be 0.3% :(

100& Agree with cheesecakes post above, when they are promoting how good the Nutribullet is, it never ceases to amaze me when Joe our masterchef :mysmilie_15: does a comparison with a no name BLENDER!!! which is probably less than half the price of the Nutribullet yet the presenters don't blink an eye at the comparison its not even close to being a like for like test :wait: strange!!

Oh and don't get me started on the condescending and phoney show of emotion in the Klehsna advert for the poppy, seriously this sticks in my throat big time that people are making a profit............yes a profit out of a sad sad cause and to make it even more sadder the advert when they are showing the Kleshna with Dennnnnice actually fluffing her lines yet they just "went with that take!" yip what a great show of respect folks...................PS 15% of each sale for 2013 went to the Royal British Legion, shame about the other 85% that went to the seller, yes yes we all get that its a business but dearie me sell something else and maybe donate 15% of all sales to charity which IMO would have looked much more sincere and full of well meant intentions behind it.

Latest posts

Back