Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It says 11 is in beta.....

The public beta for IOS 11 is due to start in the next week or two but this device (the 5c) is NOT on the list of supported devices released by Apple. So, as deanos suspected, it is going to be rapidly outdated.

I would actually have some respect for this channel if they actually were upfront and honest about these things.

She's got a sense of humour at least has Granny Smith........she chirped/tweeted that Pervy Peter is 'professional' and a joy to work with :mysmilie_19:

Well he's anything BUT professional to watch :mysmilie_51:

I think 'professional idiot' is a better description, and as for being 'a joy to work with', some people must be very short of joy in their lives if they reckon he fits the bill. Gawd, she must be easily pleased.:mysmilie_13: You have to laugh at these people, it's always a lovefest when they are on screen or tweeting, but I bet behind the scenes it's a completely different story.

She's got a sense of humour at least has Granny Smith........she chirped/tweeted that Pervy Peter is 'professional' and a joy to work with :mysmilie_19:

Well he's anything BUT professional to watch :mysmilie_51:

Last edited:
He's been doing the same thing for years, and only once have I ever seen him correct himself, and then point out that the price he'd quoted was a part-payment. I think the voice in his earhole had told him to do it, as it was done very much as an afterthought. Probably they got rid of whoever had told him to make the correction - it's possible that anyone who played fair with the public would be out on a limb in that place and shown the door. They ASA should jump on this with a ton weight, as it is totally misleading selling, but still it goes on.

And that disgusting man PS said a number of times an iphone for £53. 33 not mentioning the other two payments and Janice sat there looking at him and saying nothing knowing full well i am sure that this is misleading selling i cannot believe he is getting away with this.

Well i don't know if Janice is reading this forum but PS is not nice to watch and his risque remarks might be ok in some late night comedy show but on a shopping channel it is unnecessary and not to give the complete price of an item is misleading.

No doubt all the untouchable salesfolk (well they think no one can call them out with the FACTS) Would come back and say oh look at those pesky folks on the forums ganging up on us poor souls trying to make a living.

Well eh sorry we are not ganging up on anyone or bullying or picking on individuals we are commenting on all the constant "mistakes" made up "facts" "self stories" "I am going to buy this that and the next item" bullcrap "I will sell you a cruise to many countries with very...very little basic human rights for some humans" "This item will never be back"......well for today anyway. "this item will sell out" which never really does, Salesfolks who have previously worked for mmmh let me think VERY VERY dodgy quizcall shows and the like hence we (the posters) have no trust left in said salesfolks!!

These salesfolk are happy to use friends and family to get a sale, and a special mention for Peter Simon he has a wife/husband/cat/dog one hour then the next hour he is single living alone in a freezing cold house, then he is over weight and has many illnessess then the next he is jumping around the studio screaming whilst doing strange things with hoovers and the like!!!!

I am very very much all for sales people to make very good money if its genuine, honest, informative, etc, sadly IW and its salesfolk are happy to sell at any cost and that is FACT!!!

As I have posted before IW presenters get the airtime to say what they want without any come back, but its closed ears when we point out those "msitakes"..................that keep happening!

Nanty and Rick Hay were flogging the Vibrapower Active earlier today during the 7pm hour, and by 7.15pm they supposedly had a limited stock of them at that time. I watched again towards the end of the hour-long show and they were still selling the Vibrapower so they can't have sold many of them at all (I think they were going to switch to selling the Bike Box indoor exercise bike if sold out) unless they were being blatantly dishonest about the "Limited Stock" claim.

How embarrassing for them :mysmilie_59:

Oh no peter simon is on right now 7am jeez this man is constantly on air.
8u6-KtAMQpa_h2O4w8YI0g.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Barry . Peter is a true professional and always a joy to work with

Janice Phillips added,
Barry Taylor @barrypompey5183
Replying to @janicephillips @PeterSimon777 and 2 others
Peter Simon is one of the funniest men on TV,am glad we never lost him when bid & price drop TV went bust! Janice is so knowledgeable..
3:46 AM - 26 Jun 2017
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Guessing Barry works for Ideal world

If an organisation existed that monitored what these presenters say or acted on complaints, and jumped on the station from a great height if they transgressed, (giving them a hefty fine or taking them off the air for a time as a penalty), then they would soon change their ways. Presenters like Pope Pete do it because they know they can get away with it. The Advertising Standards people are a waste of space, IMO.

Just been watching Pete the Pro wearing his sale shirt, he could hardly string a sentence together :mysmilie_19:

Makes a change as the sentences he does manage to string together usually consist of lies or are full of filth.Pity that one of his adoring FB fans haven't offered to sweep him off of his feet after seeing him in his Sale shirt.Take him away someone......far away.

If an organisation existed that monitored what these presenters say or acted on complaints, and jumped on the station from a great height if they transgressed, (giving them a hefty fine or taking them off the air for a time as a penalty), then they would soon change their ways. Presenters like Pope Pete do it because they know they can get away with it. The Advertising Standards people are a waste of space, IMO.

Does make one wonder how they get away with so much as I know complaints have been made.Perhaps 'Our Bet' works there.

Have you seen the apron he wears in the kitchen with the big......... P......... on it?

Wicky woo :mysmilie_17:

To be honest I haven't yet had the pleasure of that.I can however, think of a multitude of words that could apply to him and begin with the letter 'P'.His name is only one of them.

I see Penfold is appearing on Ideal World flogging a Little Yello vacuum and some cleaning paste stuff the other day , didn't he get the sack from somewhere else ?

gghhh.JPG
DangerMouse-1_2944104b.jpg

Guyxxsxsxs, phone lines are monstrousxsxcxsly bussxxsy for this Halogen Cooker. He has done some showxsxsx in hisxsx toime, but none have been as busxthysty as thixksxs.....so many esses I imagine the chef is covered in spit!

Better if PS was wearing an apron with a big W on it with a picture of a little anchor in the top corner.

Latest posts

Back