Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just caught a repeat of the Hanowa Swiss watch show.The name Hanowa sounds as Swiss as the name Fu Manchu.I don't think these watches have seen the Alps .A 'bargain 'at £99.99 for one model .I have lost count of the number of times the words '100 percent Swiss made ' have been mentioned which makes it all the more suspect.Plus Seany is presenting.Of course the famous Dave L has been mentioned as a watch collector.I'm surprised he's not on the IW payroll.He's advertising
for free all the watch shows coming up on FB.

Maybe he is..........seems he's purchased another six for his collection this month too :clock:

When I saw this link and saw Random I thought Oh Lordy, not Julia waffling on again about her literary prowess. Sorry to go off tangent but I’m a bit cabbage brained at the mo!

Good grief....that Alcatel phone yesterday. Mouth almighty doing her best to convince people that it would an upgrade from their existing phones, with it's "huge" 16GB of storage. Then the voice over mentions the resolution of the screen - 960 x 480. That is truly pathetic and would make surfing the net, using apps etc really unpleasant to the point of almost being unusable in some cases.

What a shame some people will be suckered in.

Good grief....that Alcatel phone yesterday. Mouth almighty doing her best to convince people that it would an upgrade from their existing phones, with it's "huge" 16GB of storage. Then the voice over mentions the resolution of the screen - 960 x 480. That is truly pathetic and would make surfing the net, using apps etc really unpleasant to the point of almost being unusable in some cases.

Isn't the normal price something like £130? What a joke of a phone!!

From the Ideal World website - ‘The sleek design coupled with its high-end spec makes the Alcatel 1X a great purchase’.

But this phone runs Android Go, which I thought had been specifically designed for low spec phones?

The screen resolution is terrible but maybe it’s been optimised for Tetris? :mysmilie_59:

17E3CFBF-0492-4BB7-A386-6D2365691E81.jpg62DAB0C4-0459-4477-B1BA-C967A9C9919F.jpg

From the Ideal World website - ‘The sleek design coupled with its high-end spec makes the Alcatel 1X a great purchase’.

But this phone runs Android Go, which I thought had been specifically designed for low spec phones?

The screen resolution is terrible but maybe it’s been optimised for Tetris? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16101View attachment 16102

I counted 16 colours with that tetris screenshot. The Alcatel might struggle with intense graphics like this. Instead, how about:

article-2238754-1639145C000005DC-968_634x475.jpg

or, at a push:

images.png

They’re shilling that Collagen Plonk again.

So much bullocks to say, so little time :mysmilie_59:

4BB4B8DC-DB40-4B00-AD19-F82477B1FCB5.jpgBF33BCB9-E092-44CF-9E05-B7DBFC13F814.jpg

Plus ,,,,,,,the collagen man has clearly had a hair transplant !
In the old vt he is bald and in a later one he has odd looking hair , and live in the studio his hair is tortured into a comb over look.
When he claims that people have stated that they feel the product has given them 'thicker feeling hair' he gestures toward his own head !

Bizarre !!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus ,,,,,,,the collagen man has clearly had a hair transplant !
In the old vt he is bald and in a later one he has odd looking hair , and live in the studio his hair is tortured into a comb over look.
When he claims that people have stated that they feel the product has given them 'thicker feeling hair' he gestures toward his own head !

Bizarre !!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s had a Weave alright. Shame it didn’t work.

The Goons gush how good Proto Plonk is for the Barnet.

It didn’t do Mr Comb Over much good, what a Schlock :mysmilie_59:

DB11C9A5-19E0-4991-93E6-1B81B0680BCD.jpgE10879D0-B6C2-4FC8-9FEC-5A44E9E40156.jpg

They’re shilling that Collagen Plonk again.

So much bullocks to say, so little time :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16106View attachment 16107

Wins the "Worst Product On Ideal World" award by a country mile. The other tat they sell may be overpriced tat but at least it's relatively 'honest' overpriced tat (drone sales pitch aside).

Everyone ought to know that collagen gets destroyed by stomach acid :mysmilie_59:

Wins the "Worst Product On Ideal World" award by a country mile. The other tat they sell may be overpriced tat but at least it's relatively 'honest' overpriced tat (drone sales pitch aside).

Everyone ought to know that collagen gets destroyed by stomach acid :mysmilie_59:

The ASA shot down various claims made by another Collagen Plonk outfit.

It seems like Quackery to me, and expensive too. I suspect it’s all about a punters perception of the results rather than any robust medical evidence, which appears scant.

Each to their own. I’m sticking with Torricelumn (TM), even if nobody knows what it is as, erm, it isn’t actually anything really.

Much like Marmite (TM) it’s a mix of things they’ve been allowed to trademark. Much like Marmite (TM) there’s absolutely nothing natural in it that they miraculously discovered somewhere. Zip, nada.

It’s Selly Telly Fodder, but if you like it go for it :mysmilie_59:

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/minerva-research-labs-ltd-a16-323789.html

The ASA shot down various claims made by another Collagen Plonk outfit.

It seems like Quackery to me, and expensive too. I suspect it’s all about a punters perception of the results rather than any robust medical evidence, which appears scant.

Each to their own. I’m sticking with Torricelumn (TM), even if nobody knows what it is as, erm, it isn’t actually anything really.

Much like Marmite (TM) it’s a mix of things they’ve been allowed to trademark. Much like Marmite (TM) there’s absolutely nothing natural in it that they miraculously discovered somewhere. Zip, nada.

It’s Selly Telly Fodder, but if you like it go for it :mysmilie_59:

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/minerva-research-labs-ltd-a16-323789.html

These 'nutraceuticals' food supplements are a big problem from a regulatory point of view. EFSA tries its hardest, but unscrupulous shylocks like Ideal World will never be able to resist over-exaggerating their claimed benefits to shift more units. In a way I always look forward to a nutraceutical/cosmeceutical hour because they're ripe pickings for a quick email to the ASA.

Can hardly wait to see the NUU phone at 9 o'clock tonight. It has more features than a £900 phone according to dear old Pete.

Wil we be shocked? I doubt it very much!

Can hardly wait to see the NUU phone at 9 o'clock tonight. It has more features than a £900 phone according to dear old Pete.

Wil we be shocked? I doubt it very much!

I doubt it too but I don’t doubt it’ll be the best phone they’ve EVER shilled. Well, since shilling the Alcatel Tetris Phone the other day.

Dirty Peter and Kevski were bigging up a Hugo Schmuck Watch for £99 all in that came with 3 straps. Kevski claimed the straps alone were worth ‘£30-£40 each’.

I only heard them mention ‘Mock Crock’. In the absence of them screaming LEATHER, LEATHER I’m guessing they were Plazzy :mysmilie_59:

This phone with Android 7.1 and a 720p screen certainly trounces a £900 phone eh Pete?

Not forgetting the expendable memory Pete. :mysmilie_17:

First hour of the electric bike show at 7pm tonight had Paul 'Shreque' Becque saying that last time they had sold out of one colour (platinum grey) within 35 minutes. And guess what? He had the balls to repeat exactly the same claim towards the end of the hour when previously he said that they had already sold 35% of stock during the hour. So Paul, why hadn't it sold out within 35 minutes this time?

Shreque also said that the ELife La Grande bike had "proper brakes not bicycle brakes". Of course he was referring to disc brakes as opposed to rim brakes but there again it means that according to Shreque lots of bicycles don't have proper brakes :mysmilie_59:

Oh god...DP's intro for that NUU phone. You'd think he was just announcing the latest Noble prize winner the way he goes into his dramatic persona.

Quick look online shows reviews of 5/10, 4/10 "simply breath taking" :mysmilie_19:

Oh and £199 is the recommended price and it what it is being sold at all over the place. Yet IW are claiming they would usually sell it for £299.....how competitive of them!!

Latest posts

Back