Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No Tweezle, that one hasn’t got 4G.

Jeez, I caught a bit of that big fella who’s like a very low rent David Brent. He was really stuffing his face with Joe’s cooking and was way overly impressed with the free laminated recipe cards.

And my word, he talks utter shat too. Where do they drag up these Goons? :mysmilie_59:

He's mates with the new boss of IW and there's a very scathing comment about him on Trustpilot :wonder:

See Peter Simon over doing the Mathey-Tissot Rolly watch, it is a good watch (although too much gold for me, makes it blingy looking) but boy is it not worth the prices he's saying it would be a bargain at. £800-£1000, boy is in dreamland. :mysmilie_19:
If anybody likes it, wait till Jomashop has it, you'll get it way cheaper there. I got a Rolly from Jomashop last month, for $262 (that includes tax) IW have it at £699 on their site, prob be £499 on a show, bigger savings elsewhere.
Oh and i see Kevin Reynold says check a price cause it can't be right, geeesh they need to get some new patter, they've used that ploy countless times, and strangely the price is never wrong. :mysmilie_19:

He's mates with the new boss of IW and there's a very scathing comment about him on Trustpilot :wonder:

I’ve just read that post on TrustPilot Momma. That sounds like the ‘show’ I saw him on for the Salter Cooker on ITV. Something doesn’t seem quite right about him :mysmilie_13:

This time I think Ideal World have completely outdone themselves in the dislikable stakes :mysmilie_59:

I’ve just read that post on TrustPilot Momma. That sounds like the ‘show’ I saw him on for the Salter Cooker on ITV. Something doesn’t seem quite right about him :mysmilie_13:

This time I think Ideal World have completely outdone themselves in the dislikable stakes :mysmilie_59:

The other day he described the people on this forum as internet trolls and railed about a post that questioned the accuracy of his on air statements.
He then pretended to fall asleep in the plastic chair like they all have to do.

The other day he described the people on this forum as internet trolls and railed about a post that questioned the accuracy of his on air statements.
He then pretended to fall asleep in the plastic chair like they all have to do.

Oh dear, he sounds a bit precious.

I don’t think Joe cared for him too much, I know the feeling :mysmilie_59:

I got that impression re Joe too.........cringe at it's best for me :mysmilie_19:. We must remember that he is out of his comfort zone, he's really an actor you know :nod:

Actor? Yeah right Momma :mysmilie_19:

Anyway he should count himself lucky, it’s the only way he’ll ever get on ITV :mysmilie_59:

Peter Simon really is an idiot. :mysmilie_17:

He was explaining the GTLS tubes in the Energia, and quote "made under license by Luminek (quickly correcting himself to) Lumitec. Where's K Reynolds when you need him, someone should be correcting him, and explaining there is a Luminox and mb-microtec, but Lumitec doesn't exist (well there is one but not regarding GTLS tubes in watches). :mysmilie_19:

Last edited:
Peter Simon really is an idiot. :mysmilie_17:

He was explaining the GTLS tubes in the Energia, and quote "made under license by Luminek (quickly correcting himself to) Lumitec. Where's K Reynolds when you need him, someone should be correcting him, and explaining there is a Luminox and mb-microtec, but Lumitec doesn't exist (well there is one but not regarding GTLS tubes in watches). :mysmilie_19:

They had Kevin on the phone at the start of tonight's watch show (7pm). Didn't listen to much of the conversation (I'm not a masochist!) but Kevin was taking Peter to task over something he allegedly forgot to say about one of the watches, with Peter then claiming that Kevin was wrong (whoops). Also Kevin has had his heart 'rebuilt' according to Peter so it must have been a serious medical condition hence his prolonged absence.

Plus I noticed that Ideal World are still running promotions for Thomas Cook holidays...

They had Kevin on the phone at the start of tonight's watch show (7pm). Didn't listen to much of the conversation (I'm not a masochist!) but Kevin was taking Peter to task over something he allegedly forgot to say about one of the watches, with Peter then claiming that Kevin was wrong (whoops). Also Kevin has had his heart 'rebuilt' according to Peter so it must have been a serious medical condition hence his prolonged absence.

Plus I noticed that Ideal World are still running promotions for Thomas Cook holidays...

Yeah I heard that, I find it really cringe worthy, nothing against the guy and hope he recovers, as i've said before, he does give more in-depth details of the watches than the others, but when Ideal World is involved then, the whole thing smacks of a ploy to use someone's ill health to create sympathy and boost sales.

It's a bit late now for Thomas Cook promotions, probably yet another old familiar name consigned to history.

Is it me or have they alienated alot of people by making it just HD now as we can only see the Extra channel today?

Is it me or have they alienated alot of people by making it just HD now as we can only see the Extra channel today?

Channels working on Sky. I wondered why my TV changed channel without warning earlier. Was on PC with Ideal World on in the background then suddenly tv changed to sky's Intro channel 998, must have been when they switched to HD.

Just switched on to the fitness thing they've got today and there's DP telling the age old story of how he has to have a check up every three months and the Dr. told him he has to 'keep moving'. Well that shouldn't be a problem with all the fitness stuff he claims to have bought off IW but...........guess what he said his Dr. is called?

Tom Earnshaw :mysmilie_19:

Just switched on to the fitness thing they've got today and there's DP telling the age old story of how he has to have a check up every three months and the Dr. told him he has to 'keep moving'. Well that shouldn't be a problem with all the fitness stuff he claims to have bought off IW but...........guess what he said his Dr. is called?

Tom Earnshaw
:mysmilie_19:

Love it!!! But joking aside that multi gym for old people is actually a pretty useful thing. OH made me get rid of my gravity walker years ago cos it took up too much space in the flat and I managed to find something similar to the one they're selling today, though it's the bottom part of it only, it doesn't have the arm exerciser or restistance bands..But it's brilliant you can still do the gravity walking bit from your arm chair and it folds up really small. I'd actually buy this for the extras, but sadly I'm all spent out this month so can't afford it..but seriously you'll get a decent work out from it and if space is an issue...totally go for it! The top half can be taken off so easy to store it away!

Once again, I really feel sorry for all the folks falling for this rubbish on the Heritor show. The poor folks are going to be thinking they are buying something worth a lot and they can hand down to kids or grandchildren. they'll be lucky if these things last their own life time let alone passing them on, even if they're lucky and it did last a bit it'll be worthless in next to no time, they are throw away watches, ebay is full of these Chinese made watches.
In a few years time, an Ideal world watch collector takes their Heritor masterpiece of Horology to a watchmaker for servicing, asks the watchmaker can they service my £1000 work of art, can just imagine the reply, yes I can but firstly, sorry but it's not a work of art worth £1000 and secondly unless it has some strong sentimental value, it would be better and cheaper for you to bin it and buy another, than do a service on the £20/30 Chinese masterpiece inside.

As for their pro diver, worth £1000, biggest laugh ever:mysmilie_19:, and they want £189, wouldn't give them £89, go to Amazon you'll get an Invicta Pro Diver for £85, the Invicta can get a lot of stick in the watch community, but even their Pro Diver runs rings round the Heritor diver with it's specs, and at least the Invicta has a decent, well tested workhorse Japanese movement in it.

Ideal World are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these Heritor watches (even if they look a bit better than that Constantin Weisz rubbish), given that they kept referring to things like "triple A-grade materials" with no hints of manufacturing provenance apart from being an 'American' brand, and no mention of the movement used within each watch from what I've seen which strongly hints of cheap Chinese mechanisms and shonky build quality of each vastly-overpriced watch.

Try watching a small part of tonight's show which can be found here - https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/heritor-timepieces--2776152?channel=IW - from 2:10 onwards for something which is best seen/heard for yourself...

Spoiler: Click to reveal spoiler
"The Frederick watch I'm about to show you has got an R.I.P. of eleven hundred pounds"

:mysmilie_15:

Plus if anything Peter Simon is now getting worse with saying the phone number, being no longer content with just saying "09056 48 48" he now occasionally says "09046 48" or something similar.

Ideal World are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these Heritor watches (even if they look a bit better than that Constantin Weisz rubbish), given that they kept referring to things like "triple A-grade materials" with no hints of manufacturing provenance apart from being an 'American' brand, and no mention of the movement used within each watch from what I've seen which strongly hints of cheap Chinese mechanisms and shonky build quality of each vastly-overpriced watch.

Try watching a small part of tonight's show which can be found here - https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/heritor-timepieces--2776152?channel=IW - from 2:10 onwards for something which is best seen/heard for yourself...

Spoiler: Click to reveal spoiler
"The Frederick watch I'm about to show you has got an R.I.P. of eleven hundred pounds"

:mysmilie_15:

Plus if anything Peter Simon is now getting worse with saying the phone number, being no longer content with just saying "09056 48 48" he now occasionally says "09046 48" or something similar.

I missed that, was putting kettle on, good find. :mysmilie_19: R.I.P. is probably very apt, as it's likely to die sooner rather than later, quality control on some of these Chinese movements can be pretty bad.

I missed that, was putting kettle on, good find. :mysmilie_19: R.I.P. is probably very apt, as it's likely to die sooner rather than later, quality control on some of these Chinese movements can be pretty bad.

I noticed the RIP comment instead of RRP. What a friggin wally!

As for the Pro Diver Watch. They said it had a fixed bezel, and not to use it for diving, as it was a diver homage

And this thing had an RIP :mysmilie_17: of a thousand pounds.

I think they must have been sniffin something.

Last edited:
I noticed the RIP comment instead of RRP. What a friggin wally!

As for the Pro Diver Watch. They said it had a fixed bezel, and not to use it for diving, as it was a diver homage

And this thing had an RIP :mysmilie_17: of a thousand pounds.

I think they must have been sniffin something.

They are not the only ones sniffin something, looking about the web, quite a few sites have this higher priced, Amazon have it at £1080, unbelievable. Retailers are obviously buying the marketing crap from this shower. Ok just noticed, it's not Amazon that's actually selling them, it's a market place seller, Ideal Fashions with a London address, which just so happens to be Resultco the brand owner. So they must be using Amazon like their web site, ie give a false impression of the value and maybe catch a couple of suckers at the same time.

Their web site states it has a Uni directional bezel, which it certainly hasn't.

As for diving, they claim it's 200m rated professional diver, which is a diver watch rating suitable for Scuba Diving, which I don't believe it is either.

Here's a video from a guy that got one from watchgang, back in 2017, $100 would be ok in his estimation, you can also see that the bezel can't be moved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRErkl7S4k

There are loads of inexpensive, actual dive watches, out there that are way better quality than this.

Latest posts

Back