Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gevril! that's it!

I was suspicious of the spiel, hence my asking. When they kept talking about 'watchmakers since 1758' I thought it was double speak for two minutes to six!

Maybe the bleach has started leaching into whatever's left of her brain.

Or the shock of seeing Creepy Crawley's bits on a regular basis has derailed what few senses she has

Blugh! :)

Jimmy Savile was accompanied by BIG BRODEL who, without even flinching, was extolling the health virtues of cooking with the Air Fryer Rotisserie.

If anyone had any doubt of the contempt that this shower has for it’s Victims/Customers then surely that is all the proof you need!:)

On last night's Planet Cruise TV show they were promising "best ever deals" and "lowest ever prices"...and for once I believed them 🤢

Must be tough selling cruises at this time, but (aside from all the other reasons I don't like them) I still wouldn't even if it's months in advance, though the irony of also using current events (their description) as an incentive to buy electric bikes (as in "We may not be getting any new stock of bikes anytime soon") elsewhere on the channel cannot be lost on them 😬

They are doing Spray & Leave at 11am, of course Mike Mason and the usual flying out the door, check out your baskets nonsense. The guest expert says to highlight what mike just said, last weekend I was booked in for 7 shows and it was so busy, we had to cancel 2 shows. So 7 - 2 = 5 shows, right? No, last weekend, they had 8 spray and leave shows (their 7 day catch up even confirms this), so on Ideal World 7 - 2 = 8. :eek::D
I actually remember seeing one of the early shows last Saturday, where similar nonsense about selling out quick was being said, and he said then that he was booked in for 8 shows over the weekend and the rate it's going they would have to cancel a couple, but never did. They spout so many lies they just can't keep their stories straight.
ps
Can't wait to see the next pressure washer show, wonder if the guest expert is going to contradict what he has said, ie when you should be using spay and leave and not a pressure washer.

Now Then Now Then, Jimmy Savile is shilling a Wiley Fox for £90. She says : -

‘When I see this i’m almost ashamed to admit I spent £800 on my phone’

So let me get this right. She’s been shilling supposedly amazing phones on Ideal World for donkeys years and yet she still goes and buys one for £800 from elsewhere?

I wonder why? :)

Attachments

• E6E099A3-0015-445D-82BE-645B60A99E50.jpeg
    E6E099A3-0015-445D-82BE-645B60A99E50.jpeg
    2.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Now Then Now Then, Jimmy Savile is shilling a Wiley Fox for £90. She says : -

‘When I see this i’m almost ashamed to admit I spent £800 on my phone’

So let me get this right. She’s been shilling supposedly amazing phones on Ideal World for donkeys years and yet she still goes and buys one for £800 from elsewhere?

I wonder why? :)

Yeah, every time they are selling these cheaper phones, they keep saying how they all have the features of the phones around £1000 and they are all you need, yet when they were selling Iphones, then it's obvious that most of the presenters and backroom staff have all ignored the advice they are giving viewers and bought the dearer Iphones themselves.

It's the way they are plugging products, over hyping, lies etc that is making them look stupid. Because most hours are dedicated to one product, each individual product during that hour is described as amazing, best features, the best you can buy etc etc. Trouble comes in when a week later they have a similar product from a different brand, it receives the exact same treatment, over time you have (use phones as an example, same goes for any product) multiple phones from different brands all described as the best you can buy, best features, better than the rest, as Peter Simon says, even if you don't need a phone just buy it as you won't see anything like this again. Makes them look like a bunch of shady market stall con men.

And the silly thing is, there is no need for it, as someone said before, the products they sell are ok and the prices can be ok too, just be honest about the products, stop the over hyping and ridiculous cpomparisons with higher spec alternatives. The Wiley Fox phone is an ok phone for what it can do, it a budget phone, but no way should it be compared to higher spec phones as Ideal world does.

They are doing Spray & Leave at 11am, of course Mike Mason and the usual flying out the door, check out your baskets nonsense. The guest expert says to highlight what mike just said, last weekend I was booked in for 7 shows and it was so busy, we had to cancel 2 shows. So 7 - 2 = 5 shows, right? No, last weekend, they had 8 spray and leave shows (their 7 day catch up even confirms this), so on Ideal World 7 - 2 = 8. :eek::D
I actually remember seeing one of the early shows last Saturday, where similar nonsense about selling out quick was being said, and he said then that he was booked in for 8 shows over the weekend and the rate it's going they would have to cancel a couple, but never did. They spout so many lies they just can't keep their stories straight.
ps
Can't wait to see the next pressure washer show, wonder if the guest expert is going to contradict what he has said, ie when you should be using spay and leave and not a pressure washer.

I tried spray and leave last year after seeing it on Ideal World. I was looking to get a difficult part of my conservatory roof free from the dreaded green algae. Well, I sprayed it and left it, then left it some more, and after waiting for almost a year, the correctly applied, and diluted spray and leave, was a complete wast of time. I wouldn't recommend it. The algae didn't shift at all. I had to manually clean it with the tried and tested method of a brush and hose with some soapy washing up liquid, which had instant results. Also tried it on my steel shed, nothing happened there either! Spray and leave? Pile of cack! Complete waste of money.

Yeah, every time they are selling these cheaper phones, they keep saying how they all have the features of the phones around £1000 and they are all you need, yet when they were selling Iphones, then it's obvious that most of the presenters and backroom staff have all ignored the advice they are giving viewers and bought the dearer Iphones themselves.

It's the way they are plugging products, over hyping, lies etc that is making them look stupid. Because most hours are dedicated to one product, each individual product during that hour is described as amazing, best features, the best you can buy etc etc. Trouble comes in when a week later they have a similar product from a different brand, it receives the exact same treatment, over time you have (use phones as an example, same goes for any product) multiple phones from different brands all described as the best you can buy, best features, better than the rest, as Peter Simon says, even if you don't need a phone just buy it as you won't see anything like this again. Makes them look like a bunch of shady market stall con men.

And the silly thing is, there is no need for it, as someone said before, the products they sell are ok and the prices can be ok too, just be honest about the products, stop the over hyping and ridiculous cpomparisons with higher spec alternatives. The Wiley Fox phone is an ok phone for what it can do, it a budget phone, but no way should it be compared to higher spec phones as Ideal world does.
[/QUOTE

I couldn't agree more...why can't they just be honest? Show us the phone, tell us the spec,show us what it can do, and how much it is! There is no need for them to tell us that they wished they'd not spent a grand on a new phone when this is just as good....Utter bollox! In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just see this an opportunity to brag - I've got the latest Iphone, but for all of you plebs out there who can't possibly afford one - get this, it's got everything a pleb like you could possibly need!

Then you get the lies about the items that they own...yeah sure you do Sally Jacks...sure you've got those sludge brown polysester slacks in your wardrobe at home! A couple of weeks ago they were shilling leather biker jackets, and they were selling fast - Sally ordered one for herself on screen...then started screeching down the telly for people to check out their baskets or empty them cause there's only one left...then once again smugly announced that she'd secured hers! ....Yes you put yours back in stock and i'll empty my basket - Cheeky mare!

Yesterday's 8pm Wileyfox smartphone show was a case in point; they had Grant explaining to the viewers how good 4G is for quite a while, presumably because of all the recent talk of 5G by manufacturers and networks (5G is still not worth getting yet for most people), then Grant did a Google Earth demonstration to allegedly show how good 4G was. But look! It appears that the phone was connected to the studio wi-fi! Naughty!

Wileyfox 2.jpg

Of course they did this because cellular reception inside the studio would be next to non-existent, but it was still naughty to do that because without a disclaimer it would mislead technologically illiterate customers into thinking they could get similar speeds from 4G networks ALL the time with this phone. Is it worth complaining to the ASA about this? Probably not because Ideal World would no doubt have pre-prepared excuses for what they did (inexperienced producer/a genuine mistake which won't happen again etc.), but that doesn't mean it wasn't misleading.

Watch the show here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/smartphone-under-90-whilst-stocks-2797979?channel=IW

Yesterday's 8pm Wileyfox smartphone show was a case in point; they had Grant explaining to the viewers how good 4G is for quite a while, presumably because of all the recent talk of 5G by manufacturers and networks (5G is still not worth getting yet for most people), then Grant did a Google Earth demonstration to allegedly show how good 4G was. But look! It appears that the phone was connected to the studio wi-fi! Naughty!

Of course they did this because cellular reception inside the studio would be next to non-existent, but it was still naughty to do that because without a disclaimer it would mislead technologically illiterate customers into thinking they could get similar speeds from 4G networks ALL the time with this phone. Is it worth complaining to the ASA about this? Probably not because Ideal World would no doubt have pre-prepared excuses for what they did (inexperienced producer/a genuine mistake which won't happen again etc.), but that doesn't mean it wasn't misleading.

Watch the show here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/smartphone-under-90-whilst-stocks-2797979?channel=IW

I've noticed that before, often when it's the other way round, where they haven't got wifi connected and they struggle to get reception then blame it on the building being a Faraday Cage, and I agree it is misleading, as unless your at home or somewhere where you are connected to wifi then the speeds you could be getting could be wildly different.
After complaining to ASA, and although ASA agreed with me that IW were misleading customers on their Ballast Watch shows, all IW world needed to do was write to ASA assuring them that they had instructed their employees of the error and that it wouldn't happen again, and ASA were happy with that and felt there wasn't a need to start a foraml investigation of IW. It's a slap on the wrists and on you go. Personally feel you would have to complain of multiple incidents (although they do happen everyday) from different shows and products over a period of time before they would launch a Formal Investigation. One off complaints look like they are a waste of the complainers time, probable why IW are quite happy to break the rules constantly.

I assume it was a different phone from QVC, £200 would be a rip off for a Wileyfox Swift 2.
Yes, but the IW phone seems to do the same things.

I think mine has a bigger screen though (6.3") but there is no info on the link page. Mine is a Nokia 7.2 I think, not set it up yet, awaiting a SIM.

Yes, but the IW phone seems to do the same things.

I think mine has a bigger screen though (6.3") but there is no info on the link page. Mine is a Nokia 7.2 I think, not set it up yet, awaiting a SIM.

I see a Nokia 7.2 on their web site, if it's that one then, on paper, it's a far better specification phone> Far better cameras, better processor (660 as apposed 430) , 4 times the onboard storage at 64GB (16GB of the Swift2 is not a lot these days), and 4GB of RAM twice as much as the Swift 2, and a higher resolution screen. Performance wise the Nokia should be better, should be quicker and smoother to use. Swift2 came out in 2016, where as the Nokia came out the end of last year.
I suppose it all depends on how much you use your phone, and what apps you use, but if I was buying a phone today, I'd be picking a phone with at least similar specs to the Nokia (although would be one with a slightly smaller screen).

I see Chris Birkett (ex Bid) is an expert guest now :rolleyes:

Programme scheduling has taken a change to mostly 45 mins instead of an hour

I saw him shilling that dodgy CBD Plonk, which seems about right for an ex Bid schlock.

Check out TrustPilot for that CBD plonk. Not many reviews but they seem very in keeping with this lot:)

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/elixinol.com

I saw him shilling that dodgy CBD Plonk, which seems about right for an ex Bid schlock.

Check out TrustPilot for that CBD plonk. Not many reviews but they seem very in keeping with this lot:)

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/elixinol.com
The CBD presentations are very funny- they are not allowed to make ( up ) any claims as to what it actually is supposed to do.
Sally seemed extremely uncomfortable as she struggled to come up with a benefit and resorted to majoring on a review where someone praised it.
Needless to say the presenters all claim to take it , and guess what ……..

'MY MUM TAKES IT AND SHE SWEARS BY IT!'

If someone could salvage Jeremy Kyle's lie detector from the rubbish dump they would have a field day with this lot.

Latest posts

Back